DW Installations

Kathie Bird from Whitby
Kathie Bird from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Back-splash Installation

We hired Doug to install our back-splash in December of 2014. He assured us of his experience and qualifications. He was punctual for the quote and very personable. The day of the install, he arrived approximately 2 hours late. My husband was off work that day so was home while Doug (and his assistant) worked. My husband didn't pay much attention to him during the day other than some ideal chit-chat. When I got home from work and saw Doug's "craftsmanship" I was in utter disbelief. I was disheartened and angry. Tiles were crooked, grout lines were uneven, grout was missing (completely) in some areas, tiles were jagged and uneven, and caulking was messy and extremely thick. I was so upset! I sent Doug a message and he said he would come back to fix it. I even expressed my concern to him that I believed there was no way he could fix it. He assured us he would come back and would fix the job so that we would be happy with the end result. Doug was good to his word about coming back, but in terms of fixing it... there's little to dispute. The attached pictures say everything. As you can see Doug Waldram is clearly not qualified. He has agreed to reimburse us for his services, supplies and the cost to tear down the tiles and repair the drywall. It's been two (2) weeks since he has agreed to refund our money, but nothing yet. We will be taking him to small claims court if he doesn't pay us back by the end of this week.