Biscaya Home

Sue in Hamilton
Sue in Hamilton
0 reviews Caledonia, ON

Install new fence

I recently had our fence removed and a new fence installed (approx) 144 linear feet). The workers were very efficient, polite, respectful for the property. Unfortunately they were not able to use the auger due to rocks and had to dig all holes by hand. We were very impressed on how hard everyone worked on a extremely hot day and still finished the job on time.
I would highly recommend Biscaya Homes for any of your renovation needs.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Hi Suzzane
thank you so much for the great feedback. it was a pleasure working for you as well. please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future.

Andy in Toronto
Andy in Toronto

Master Bathroom, Walkin Closet, & Basement Renovations

Renovations can be a challenge while still living in the home, but Bernardo and the Biscaya team were very profession and understanding of that fact. The project included 3 different areas in the house, master en-suite, structural work over the garage, an additional basement bedroom and relocated laundry room. We are very happy with the results in all areas, especially the new master en suite and large walk-in closet. The project was completed on schedule and we were well informed throughout the renovation.

Hi Andy

Thank you very much for taking the time and completing a review for us. it was a pleasure working for you. I hope we can assist with future projects as well.

Bernardo

Monica in Mississauga
Monica in Mississauga

Kitchen Renovation

I don’t like home renovations, I like the result but I feel the work by itself is a hassle. The dust, the dirt, people walking into my house, having to choose from a gazillion options.

A friend of mine recommended Bernardo and Brenda and – from the first exploratory conversation – I knew I have found the right contractor. I gave them a general idea of how I wanted the renovated kitchen to look and they quickly understood my expectations and needs. They provided options that were aligned with my thoughts so I didn’t feel overwhelmed with the choices and – most importantly – they didn’t try to convince to purchase overpriced items. They were very clear about what was high quality vs. trendy-only.

Bernardo and Brenda were very detailed oriented, always on the top of the work and fast to respond to my questions.

I was prepared for the unexpected, as I have an older home and I’m glad they provided regular updates during the day, including a couple of unexpected events and – most importantly – solutions.

My job doesn’t allow me to deal with constant phone calls and meetings during the day. Hiring Biscaya was like having my own project manager! Brenda and Bernardo were always available, and on track in terms of budget and timelines, which made me save a lot of time and money in the long run.

I can't thank them enough for making my life easier!

Hi Monica
It was a real pleasure working for you. We are glad you are fully satisfied with our work, and for taking the time to write, such a great review. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future. All the best to you and your family.
Bernardo and Brenda

Javier in Mississauga
Javier in Mississauga

Basement renovation

I can say that select Bizcaya Home as my contractor to renew my basement was a very good experience. All team was very committed to doing their job good and putting their best effort to reach the best quality standards, always keeping the time as the north.
The kitchen was finished on time and was what we expect, the bath charming as we expect too, the rest was paint and minors details on the walls that were fixed it before the paint was done.
Only left to say that it was a really good decision pick Bizcaya Home to take my project ahead.
Thanks, Bernardo and Brenda for all your recommendation and support.

Hi Javier
thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate you are fully satisfied with our work. it was a pleasure working for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future. All the best to you and your family.

Gilberto
Gilberto

Flooring, stairs renovation and other miscellaneous work

Biscaya team was very professional during the project execution. Bernardo was very responsive to our project requests. Biscaya fulfilled our expectations about project quality and its completion. Highly recommended as a contractor!

Hi Gilberto
Thank you very much for your review. it was a pleasure working for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future. All the best to you and the family

Nelly in Burlington
Nelly in Burlington

Kitchen and bathrooms’ renovation

We just completed our kitchen and bathrooms renovation. Bernardo, Brenda and the Biscaya team were excellent. From the design stages, Brenda was always available to assist with materials, colors and finishes to make our ideas a reality. Bernardo and his crew were amazing. The craftsmanship was outstanding all finishes are seamless. I really appreciate the hard work, thank you for keeping us within budget and the excellent end results.

Thank you very much for the kind words Nelly. it was a pleasure working for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future

james O.
james O.

Full house renovation

They did the best possible work possible. THe house is not only renovated but looks brand new. They did not only become a service provider but true friends!

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We agree your home looks amazing. We also believe the best thing about the renovation was our friendship. all the best to you and Edyta

Harold from Mississauga in Burlington
Harold from Mississauga in Burlington

Kitchen And Stairs renovations

Bernardo and Brenda were quick to discover our wishes and truly grasp how we wanted our kitchen, the functionality and looks. Their quoted price was more than fair and most importantly they kept to the budgeted without hurdles.
They set our expectations and described multiple options of pricing and for all our kitchen elements.
We also replaced our carpeted stairs with hardwood and the staining and their job was extremely detailed (corners, etc) and the staining perfect.
I would recommend them 100%

Hi Harold
I really appreciate your feedback. It was great working with you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future
All the best to you and your family

j.benabu in Toronto
j.benabu in Toronto

And what about attention to detail?

Review for Biscaya Home Renovations

Biscaya Home Renovations worked on our kitchen this past summer. We are sure that Bernardo and Brenda will agree that the process was rocky at best. As the project unfolded, we discovered that close attention to detail was sorely lacking (asymmetrical walls, uneven paint job, etc.). Also, often times when a concern was brought to Bernardo and Brenda’s attention, it was met with impatience- we felt that our concerns were treated as an inconvenience. Our worst fears were realized only two hours after the project was completed when our brand new kitchen flooded. The hose connecting the tap to the water dispenser in the fridge was not fitted properly. Luckily, we caught it almost right away, but had we not been at home, the water damage in the entire house could have been extensive. We must admit that Bernardo and Brenda sent their crew right away and saw to the problem. Nevertheless, the experience confirmed our initial concerns about the lack of attention to detail. Now, every time we look at our beautiful kitchen small niggling doubts arise: “Was the gas line hooked up correctly? Was the dishwasher installed properly?” Despite Bernardo and Brenda’s assurances that the work is “A grade,” the unsettling feeling lingers.

**********Response to Bernardo's message below:

I'm sorry that our review caused you such surprise. Did you already forget what transpired? Was the process really "only rocky at the start"?
I realize that you must protect your future income at all costs. But is your attempt to discredit my review the smartest way of doing so? You would not find yourself in this position had you prioritized building relations, strong transparent communications, and excellent service. A good start might be not to discount and minimize a customer's experience (as evident in your response to my review). Even if you think that "flood" was a poor word choice, *inattention to detail on your employee's part * was the root cause of a "water spillage" that confirmed our worse fears. I hope that my choice of words is more acceptable now.

In closing, I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to hurt your business. I just believe that customers have the right to voice their concerns even if they don't appeal to the contractor. Readers of this site will notice that I have tried to be respectful in my critique (even though it is sometimes harsh). Please realize that discrediting my experience and casting aspersions at my character do not make good business sense in the long run.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors!

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Joel
I am very surprised about this comment........I agree, your project was Rocky at the begining, however it was not because of our lack of attention or workmanship. There were several issues related to previous electrical work, HVAC ducting, plumbing, insulation, etc. Which, you mentioned had been done by the previous home owner. We were always there to resolve any challenges on time and in budget.
When you mentioned asymmetrical walls.....it is important to understand, that when you hire someone to paint a wall.....the painter will not make the walls symmetrical, painters repair wall imperfections, such as nail holes, scratches, etc. Same applies to drywalling on existing framing, which you decided to keep, in order to save cost.
About the impatience Joel.....again very surprised, since the only time, I felt you were stressed out.....we spoke about it, and you apologized to me and Brenda.
About all the work we did.....the electrical was inspected by the city and you are well aware of it. The gas line was connected and certified and you kept the paperwork.
About the flood you mentioned.......it was not a flood.....just a fridge water line that leaked shortly, due to mechanical damage, perhaps you or Karen stocking the cabinet under the sink .... Unfortunately a rug got wet, but there was no damage to the flooring, kitchen cabinets, basement.... anything.......I even payed a bill for 300.00 for a rug dry cleaning, and as per your request sent your kitchen cabinetry builder to inspect the kitchen, which he said was perfectly fine... I honestly believe all these considerations are more than anyone could have done for you.
I remember you speaking badly about your kitchen cabinetry builders, previous contractor doing your bathrooms and other projects, but never crossed my mind you would be unsatisfied with our work. Since, based on your poor previous experiences, we went above and beyond to make this a great experience for you and Karen.
I am very sorry you are not fully satisfied, please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your experience better and give you peace of mind.
Bernardo

Valerie in Oakville
Valerie in Oakville

Bathroom renovations (3)

Bernardo and Brenda were great. The quality of the work they and their team did was great. Additionally, they and the rest of their team always arrived on time and were respectful of our family time and space. They were honest and transparent when adjustments needed to be made to the planned projects, and always willing to accommodate new requests from us without complaint. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Hi Valerie

It was a pleasure working with you as well. Thank you for the kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future

More about Biscaya Home

Biscaya Home is a company of professionals with backgrounds in civil engineering and general construction. Has a proven record of excellence performing building Inspections, also designing and managing several building and construction projects in Mississauga, Ontario. No matter the size of your project, the experienced professionals at Biscaya Home will plan, design, construct, and maintain your project.

As a leading provider of residential – comercial inspections and renovation projects, we take pride in offering the best service in the market. Bernardo Guerra the founder has a background in building contruction and is also a certified home inspector in Ontario. He has been in the business for over 15 years. 8 years in the United States working in Missouri as a chief engineer for Marriott International and 7 years in Canada providing support to several construction businesses. Biscaya Home has a team of professionals dedicated to provide all the answers to your needs. Our business concept is to be a one stop service provider for you, from inspecting your home and business to maintaining and performing any improvement or corrective maintenance.

General Contractors
Biscaya Home will complete from any home improvement project to a full scale home renovation. We also provide preventive maintenance services, such as: Tuning up and maintaining your furnace and AC; Clean gutters; trimming trees and bushes; regrading around your home to provide proper slopes; exterior paint, resealing garages; etc. Biscaya Home also provides Home Inspection Services which is a great advantage when doing projects with us since our projects will follow all codes and regulations and will be completed the right way the first time.
In Biscaya Home we adapt to our clients taste and vision, from classic, contemporary to modern. We always follow the construction and décor ideas our clients have, then provide guidance and suggestions to make the project impressive and cost efficient. Biscaya home owner’s Bernardo Guerra with more than 20 years’ experience in building - construction and renovation projects will provide all the answers you need to make your project possible quickly, professionally – finished, and cost efficient. Brenda Valero has been in the designer business for more than 15 years, working as an interior designer for important high- end furniture stores and Real Estate agents. She will provide the advice you need to match colors, designs and décor to create unique spaces always following your project vision. The combination of great taste and impressive craftsmanship will make all the difference when you choose Biscaya home for your renovation projects.