Hunter Douglas Canada

Drapery & Curtains
Toronto ON M5H
HomeStars  >  Drapery & Curtains in Toronto  >  Hunter Douglas Canada

Reviews for Hunter Douglas Canada

$13,000 price tag, but major issues including 67% failure of Powerview motors in less than 2 years

I purchased custom blind called Luminette with Powerview motorization in October 2016 with the price of $13,000.

With this steep price tag and the perceived reputation of Hunter Douglas I expected to receive good product and quality service. Unfortunately, it has not been a case. I have had 3 major issues with the product in less than 2 years - one of the blind sets had to be replaced due to manufacturing error and 2 motors out of 3 have died (67% failure rate) this year. Since blinds cannot move without working motor (you cannot move blinds manually either), malfunctioning of motors leave the blinds stuck that affects not only convenience, but also quality of sleep and privacy. So, speedy repair of motor is essential for adequate service. Unfortunately, it took over 2 weeks to replace the first damaged motor despite multiple escalations.

Recently another motor in my bedroom has died. Because the blinds in my bedroom cannot be closed up, this issue is affecting my sleep and privacy. Given the collective problems I have had, I requested Hunter Douglas to review my case as I see they are quite troubling. The response came back 3 days later stating "Sometimes things happen", which indicates Hunter Douglas have no particular concern or comment to add about my experience with the product and does not view my experience as anything unusual.

I will not choose Hunter Douglas again and share my disappointing experience with anyone who is interested.

T J.
T J.

got blinded

sales rep unfriendly, did not give full details on product, blinds not working as suggested and power feature was never explained. purchased through Costco, had to give 100% of money u[ front. Costco 100% customer satisfaction was NOT upheld. Never again...

JoAnne in Red Deer
JoAnne in Red Deer
1 review Red Deer, AB

power view blinds in entire house

The power view blinds were a disaster! They worked randomly and often not in sequence. They installed "boosters" all over the house which were unsightly and really didn't work that well. The installer made numerous mistakes with the wiring and seemed to blame the audio installer for his mistakes. The fabric unravelled from valance /facia within 2 months of installation. Although the fabric was beautiful it appeared to be substandard to what hunter douglas has had previously. I should have checked the reviews on-line because there seems to be lots of issues and would never have ordered these blinds had I realized the problems. In defence of hunter douglas, they sales person was very personable and tried several times to rectify these issues without success and the manual roller blinds were very nice and worked well however I was concerned about the unravelling at the valance/facia overtime. I would never recommend this product from our own experience.

Ethel Rose in Toronto
Ethel Rose in Toronto

Blinds

The service was prompt in every way (sending a rep to the house; getting the blinds installed). The advice was very good for how to deal with a tricky problem (although part of the challenge is unresolved, hence rating of four instead of five, which is perhaps unfair). The product itself is first rate. We have used this company or two jobs and been very happy. Not an inexpensive product in either case.