Alberta Home Services

3343 44th Avenue SE
Calgary
AB
T2B 3K6

Good service. Did not rush with the job. Professional . Personable Punctual. Explained everything we needed to know. We didn’t want many added services and he was fine with it.

Thank you!

D Simpson in Calgary
D Simpson in Calgary

Excellent company to deal with.

I highly recommend this company. Both representatives who came to our house on two separate occasions were polite, friendly and acted in a professional manner. Mike did an excellent job cleaning three sofas, four arm chairs and living on carpet. Cassie looked after cleaning our many furnace ducts, humidifier and I was glad suggested cleaning the dryer vent. These people know their jobs and do them well and arrived on time.

Sachin in Calgary
Sachin in Calgary

Dryer Vent Cleaning

We have used Alberta Home Services (AHS) exclusively in the past for furnace cleaning. However, we recently booked a dryer vent cleaning and had a terrible experience that compromised the safety of our family. After the vent cleaning was completed, our dryer got exceptionally hot and blew the heating element. The dryer repair cost hundreds of dollars and was a result of a plugged dryer vent which was just cleaned by AHS. We then hired another company (see attached pictures of what AHS left behind), to properly and thoroughly clean the dryer vent. The vent blockage could have easily caused a fire in our home and even the AHS website states “Dryer vents are a leading cause of in-house fires in Calgary”.

Since these occurrences, AHS has been very difficult to deal with and has offered us atrocious customer service which is strange given that their actions resulted in a safety risk to our family. I would strongly caution against using this Calgary-based company for any services because if anything goes wrong, they won’t take responsibility.

Hi Sachin,

Due to lack of regular cleaning maintenance of your dryer vent we were indeed unsuccessful in disloding all the debris. Our technicians made every effort possible to dislodge the hazardous amounts of debris clogging your vent. In over 30 years of cleaning residential and commercial dryer vents, we have never encountered a situation quite like your dryer vent.

We did however take full responsbility over this service, hence why we reeimbursed 100% of your service.

In the future, and in order to prevent hazardous conditions in your home we recommend to clean your dryer vent at least every 2 years.

Thank you.

justme in Calgary
justme in Calgary

Excellent

it was a job well done. After the cleaning, I could hardly recognize my carpet! 5/5 would recommend. it was a very excellent job indeed. for my next carpet cleaning, i would call them again.

Thank you!

Home services/clean carpet

Great Services and qualified professionals! They were able to cater to the time as well. The person who came for cleaning also gave some good tips to maintain the carpet and avoid stains. Overall great experieence

Tammy Nguyen in Calgary
Tammy Nguyen in Calgary

Duct Cleaning / Hot Water Tank Installation

Alberta Home Services did furnace and duct cleaning at my place in Apr 2017. The two technicians that day said that I should replace the hot water tank as well and they could book an appointment for me. I agreed.

After the furnace and duct cleaning day, there was a gas leak because the furnace valve was broken. The valve was fixed by another plumbing/heating company because they came to look at the water pipes at my place and discovered the gas leak. I called the manager at Alberta Home Services, left him a voicemail but never got any call back.

This weekend, Atco Emergency shut down my furnace because there were serious problems but they COULD NOT shut down the gas valve because the hot water tank (installed by Alberta Home Services in Apr 2017) was installed too close to the gas valve. And there was even a dent on the tank. I had to re-install the hot water tank before replacing the furnace. I called Alberta Home Services, they said they could send a technician to come and check but couldn't tell me when they can re-installed the hot water tank. I couldn’t afford to leave my place with no heat in -22 degree weather so I paid $300 for the furnace replacement company to re-installed the hot water tank. And to be honest, I didn’t know if I could trust AHS to re-install to hot water tank anymore.

I don't know how good AHS is with other services but I used them for duct cleaning and hot water tank installation and both times, had to spend money to fix what they did wrong. In additional to that, there were serious safety issues (gas leak, could not close the gas valve) that the company did not address. The technicians/manager were irresponsible. I trusted them to do their job but after this, I totally lost trust in AHS. If you consider using this company, make sure you check their work carefully and ask about warranty policy so you don't have to go through what I went through.

Dear Tammy,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our company. I have reviewed our records to see that we did offer to come out and inspect the installation and should it not met code we would have certainly moved the HWT for you. My understanding is you booked a call with our technician and then chose to cancel the call and have your furnace installer do the move. We do stand behind our work.

If you care to discuss your case further please feel free to call the office and speak with the Manager on Duty.

Carpet Cleaning

Great Services and qualified professionals! They were able to cater to the time as well. The person who came for cleaning also gave some good tips to maintain the carpet and avoid stains. Overall great experience!

onemorevoice
onemorevoice

Cleaning of Ducts and Furnace

The booking system was efficient . They did a thorough job and were done quickly . I appreciated the communication on how they were doing the job, the phone calls to confirm arrival and the follow up.

Furnace cleaning

Had islam and Victor come to my home and clean my furnace and vents and also my dryer vent plus bath fans was very impressed with the quality of work provided by this team. Highly recommend this team will definitely have them back. Great job guys.

1 review Airdrie, AB

Furnace cleaning

Issy was the lead supervisor. He was very accommodating and worked quickly and efficiently. They arrived on time and I would not hesitate to recommend Alberta Home Services and especially Issy.

Thank you for recommending!

More about Alberta Home Services

Alberta Home Services has proudly been serving Calgary and area since 1986. Today we are Southern Alberta’s award-winning and premier provider of provider of professional carpet cleaning, furnace and duct cleaning and other related services. We service all of Calgary from residential clients, new home builders, institutions and businesses.

Expect the best equipment and most extensive training in the industry when you hire Alberta Home Services. We strive always to deliver the best service at a great value. This is why have been voted #1 since 2003 by the Consumer's Choice and since 2012 by the Calgary Herald Reader's Choice.