Alberta Home Services

Reviews for Alberta Home Services

Troy H
Troy H

Furnace, Ducts annd Fire Place Cleaning

Very efficiant, clean and curtious.
Gave advise on furnace and componants with what to watch for.
Very impressed with work done and was done in a very efficiant manner.
Will highly recommend their services and will call for services again.

Thank you Troy for recommending us!

Ken Peterson in Calgary
Ken Peterson in Calgary

Great Service

I am in the process of selling my home and as I have used Alberta Furnace in the past they were able to come out in a reasonable time frame. Scott and Neil were professional and made sure I understood exactly what services they were to do and it was exactly what I wanted and what I paid for, and no up sell on anything else. They treat your home like it was theirs, they leave no mess and respectful of your home.

Thank you Ken! We love Scott and Neil, thanks for mentioning them :)

Concerned Buyer
Concerned Buyer

Furnace Tuneup

I had my furnace tuneup in March 2021.
The furnace has not worked properly since this was done!
Service technician broke a switch in the furnace while cleaning and did not seem confident in his work!
When I called they told me if it was not related to the service call they would charge me for the service call.
Why did I have the tuneup in the first place!!!
I will never use this company again and will tell CTV news likewise!

Hi Steven,

We provided a furnace tune-up on March 24 2021. Our PR call noted things were all good with the service. We actually replaced a broken flame rollout that we may have broken (since the furnace was old) at the time but there were no other issues noted thereafter the tune-up was completed.

You called us almost 2 months after to request a return visit, citing that the thermostat was not working. We were going to book the call but since the service was long after 30 days warranty, we advised that there would be a charged call for a return visit, especially outside the 30 day warranty period. You did not want to pay for us to return. The CSR actually went further to advise that probably the batteries needed replacing, and that could have saved him the costs for us to return. Instead, you pushed back pretty hard and was not unhappy even though we went out of our way to help this situation. You did not proceed on booking the appointment.

You are more than welcome to call us again to readdress your concerns,

Dea
Dea

duct cleaning

We recently had our ducts cleaned. We had new furnaces put in so we only need the ducts cleaned. After cleaning the ducts, which hadn't been done in over 50 years!! The technician told us it was one of the dirtiest they had ever seen. Since they were new furnaces and didn't need to be checked, they didn't change the filters. That night, the furnace stopped working because so much dust was blown into the filter that it was clogged. We were not told that the filter would not be changed for us as we didn't want the furnaces checked, we were not told that all that dust would clog the filter and that we should change the filter, nothing. My mom was without heat all night, and being a weekend didn't have heat until 2 day later when a furnace technician could come. The technician pulled out the filter to find a good 4 inches of dust on it. This is a filter that is not even one month old. So a lot of the dust form the cleaning was sent down to the furnace filter and it shut down the furnace. When I called Alberta Furnace Cleaning, they claimed they did nothing wrong. They wouldn't even admit that they could have mentioned to us that the filter would need changing. Instead, the manager blamed us and the company that installed the furnace. He said the dust could have been there before they cleaned the furnace. Look at the picture, there is no way a filter less than a month old would look like this. Very disappointed with getting no help or apology or compensation of any sort for this.

Hi Dea,
We received a request from you to do a vents-only cleaning and directed the crew not to do anything with the furnace, as it was new and under warranty. So we proceed as directed and bypassed/sealed off the furnace from the cleaning process.

As mentioned, the system was not cleaned for 50 years ( which is the dirtiest we've seen, not to mention hazardous), and by installing 2 new furnaces, there will be an exceptional amount of dust being drawn through the returns and then filtered, causing the situation. We make recommendations based on what we are allowed to perform as a service.

Also, we were not contacted initially to help resolve the problem, as we would normally do under our 30 day warranty period and we had available staff on Saturday to help resolve it. We offered a revisit to assess your concerns but were refused.

We encourage you to contact us should you look into revisiting your concerns,
Thank you.

Remir
Remir

Carpets cleaned

I had the carpets cleaned back in the fall . They did 3 of the bedroom's and the basement. They did a great job there was some pretty difficult stains in my daughters room, the technician worked very hard getting all the stains out of the carpets in here room.

Thank you Remir for recommending us! :)

DP
DP

Carpet cleaning

Our technician was superb! He arrived on time, was very nice and professional. He protected my hardwood floors and stairs. He was fast and thorough. I was told how long it would take to dry and when to put furniture back. He wore a mask and gloves the whole time. I would very much recommend this company. Perfection in non perfect times

We do try our best :) and lucky to have such amazing staff. Thank you DP!

Peter
Peter

Quick, professional, reasonable, trustworthy

Saleem arrived when he said he would. Very professional demeanour with mask covering. Clearly reviewed and clarified what I had asked for, after getting a tour of the area to be cleaned. Got right to work. Careful with his equipment. Worked the whole time and ended by explaining the time needed for everything to dry and what I should do. Prepared with his paperwork and payment was quick. Even had protective covering on the ground under the company van. Very satisfied. Made sure he explained where there were stains (which I knew about). Will use again. Thank you Saleem.

Thank you Peter! :)

Deb
Deb

Very impressed with Guni!

On August 12, 2020 Alberta Home Services sent Guni out to clean the carpets in my home. I had leased my home for the prior 1.5 years and it appeared the tenants had let their pets use the house as their bathroom. I had spent 20+ hours using my own steam cleaner and my carpets still smelled and looked as bad as when the tenants departed. When Guni arrived I told him my expectations were not high, but I was hopeful he could remove the smell of urine throughout. I was overwhelmed with the results, the smell is gone and the stains have been removed!

Guni was very professional and treated my home with the utmost respect. I would highly recommend Alberta Home Services and Guni :-)

We love Guni! Thank you for recommending him and us :D

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Furnace duct cleaning

Had a problem with the booking -- expected a call in the AM of the designated day but when I didn't get one by noon, I called back and they had no record of my appointment (although they did have a record of my name and contact phone #'s). So, I was rescheduled for 2 weeks later in the AM. I did get contacted the day before to say it would be in the afternoon, then the day of the appointment to say they would arrive between 2 and 3 PM. They arrived a few minutes before 2, which was fine. As for the service, I wanted to confirm that when they were cleaning each duct, all the other ducts would be covered, and was told this would be the case (this is as per NADCA protocol of which AHS is a member). In practice, the upstairs hot-air ducts were sealed, but the downstairs ceiling ducts were not sealed, and when I questioned this I was told "this is the way we do it". The reason for sealing all the ducts other than the one being cleaned is so one being cleaned gets the full vacuum force, rather than air being sucked through open ducts. Finally, I was told that the procedure might cause some dust / particles to be released into the house but this would be cleaned up before they left. This was the case upstairs, but downstairs I had lots of vacuuming to do to clear up a lot of debris left by the procedure. My final complaint is that after they left, even though it was very warm outside, the furnace kept running. I eventually noticed that the thermostat was set at maximum (done for the testing as part of the procedure), so I set it down to about +55 F, but still the furnace kept running. After 5 minutes I decided to turn the furnace power switch off. I waited several minutes and turned it on again, and as soon as I turned it on the furnace started up again (blowing hot air on a warm summer day). Once again I waited 5 minutes, but it didn't stop. I tried this a few times, then called for help. They suggested I check the "auto" setting on the thermostat, but I don't have such a thing (just a temperature slider). I got a call back from one of the technicians who recommended that I turn the thermostat down to minimum, which I did. When I powered up the furnace again, it came on again, but turned off within a minute, so finally things seem to be ok. Despite all this, I've given a high rating because the service was friendly and efficient, and considerably better than what I've got from other companies I've dealt with in the past.

Thank you for recommending us!!

Lucille from Calgary
Lucille from Calgary

Sectional & Carpet Cleaning

We are in the middle of trying to move and very busy and time constrained. We had spilled a glass of milk (yes, all of it) on the sectional and carpet on Tuesday night. By Thursday night it was obvious our efforts at cleaning were very inadequate. The whole house smelled just awful. Friday morning I phoned around to try to find someone who could come and clean it immediately. I called Alberta Home Services.

They were able to send someone that very afternoon but we are not pleased with the results. Their technician Guni arrived at the door wearing a mask and gloves and a white shirt and tie. He looked very professional but that's about as far as that went.

He used so much deodorizer the carpet took over 48hrs to dry and the smell of the deodorizer is still so strong that after 4 days we can't sit in the room ! We phoned the company back and they told us to just leave it for another couple of days and see how it was then. Not a solution at all. The carpet looks like it was soaked, the texture has changed and it doesn't look the same as the rest of the room.

We have called Reid from Alberta Rug & Upholstery Cleaners to try and fix this mess. He wasn't available when we first needed the work done and we truly regret not waiting for him.
I would not recommend ever calling this company.

Hi Lucille,
We're sorry your cleaning was not to your satisfaction, it definitely doesn't sound like the type or quality of service we provide.
Our staff did advise you to call us back if there's an issue with the cleaning as part of our customer satisfaction post-cleaning survey, but you never called us back, and instead, you opted to call a third party. We welcome you to contact us and talk to a manager in turn to arrange a more satisfactory outcome for your cleaning.

More about Alberta Home Services

Alberta Home Services has proudly been serving Calgary and area since 1986. Today we are Southern Alberta’s award-winning and premier provider of professional carpet cleaning, furnace and duct cleaning, and other related services. We service all of Calgary from residential clients, new home builders, institutions, and businesses.

Expect the best equipment and most extensive training in the industry when you hire Alberta Home Services. We strive always to deliver the best service at a great value. This is why we have been voted #1 since 2003 by the Consumer's Choice and since 2012 by the Calgary Herald Reader's Choice.