Calbridge Homes

Reviews for Calbridge Homes

Kbaxter in Calgary
Kbaxter in Calgary

Well Built Homes!

Although not a homeowner, I know a few people who have purchased with Calbridge and rave about their experience and home. Really well built with great floorplan options. They also build in good communities.

Thank you for the kind words. Always amazing to hear that our homeowners have a had great experience purchasing their homes!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Sales Manager unknowledgable and poor build quality

The Sales Manager is severely lacking in product knowledge and very slow to respond to inquiries. I was told the reason Calbridge Homes utilizes electric water tanks is because they're more efficient than gas water tanks. Clearly not true in addition to the fact that electricity is more expensive than gas in Alberta and I'm not even going to quote what it costs to upgrade to a gas water tank! Their quality of materials is questionable as well. Plastic schluter is standard in a million dollar home! Kitchen upper cabinet height is 36" ... again, standard in a million dollar home! It seems like management is not open to listening to the people who work on the ground floor ... a very badly managed company! Customer service is something this company has no interest in pursuing.

justmikef in Calgary
justmikef in Calgary

New Build Nightmare

I have had three homes built for me over the last 7 years in Cochrane, with three different builders. The first build was with another company, which was a good experience however they didn't have a lot available that I liked. The second was Calbridge, which was purchased as an investment property and a high maintenance, poorly supervised nightmare. The third was with yet another company, which was also an investment property and a good experience. If it wasn't for the fact that I am a journeyman carpenter and work in the industry, the house that Calbridge built would have still be a nightmare and we would be tied up in legal battles to this day. I know, people that do reviews online like these tend to exaggerate the situation however this is not the case. Almost from the start of the build, the mistakes started and didn't end until the finishing stages. I wouldn't place blame solely on the craftsmanship but rather the lack of supervision and understanding of the build. It got to the point where I was on site everyday to make sure things were being repaired and installed correctly and to plan. If I didn't know anything about how to build a house, the place would have been riddled with issues. Everything from missing insulation, furnace installed incorrectly, electrical panel in the wrong location, bath fan installed incorrectly, the list goes on. The supervision of the build was unsatisfactory as well, in fact, I would say almost non-existent. Every one of the issues listed above were not caught by the construction supervisor but rather by me and some issue were challenged, even though they were not onsite to see it for themselves. In the case of the missing insulation, the supervisor didn't catch it and it was going to be covered up but fortunately I was there again that day at brought it to their attention. In the end, two months delayed, the house was completed and Calbridge did repair all of the mistakes. Now, a year later, we are making a New Home Warranty claim because we have large water stains around the second floor bathroom fans. I wonder what customers end up with when they don't know the construction process and what proper installation looks like?

mao in Calgary
mao in Calgary

Bad Calbridge Homes

We bought a house from Calbridge Home, during the one-year walk through, we reported some problems of the house to the builder.
For example, the lights in our den is keep flashing when we use our printer, the second hall way floor are squeaking, the fireplace is not working at all, the dishwasher not working, the water drop directly from the eave-lead to the ground, the side walk are full of ice, the garage and drive way concrete are cracked and spalling badly.
We don’t understand why the house can have that many problems under the construction of the Calbridge, but as long as the builder can fix those problems, then we are ok with it. This is our first new house, we choose Calbridge to build our first new home because we trust Calbridge is a good builder, but until today we think we are totally wrong, we’re so disappointed with Calbridge.
Because only the fireplace and dishwasher are fixed (we contact Trail Appliance by ourselves to fix the dishwasher). Our lights in the den still flashing, our floor is still squeaking, especially the very bad quality concrete is getting worse and worse. During the one-year go through, the Service Tech told me will help us to fix the concrete problem when the weather getting warm and will contact the service company to find out how to fix it, then get back to us. But after one month, I still not get any feedback from him, so we contact him again, then he said we have to contact the Alberta new home program to report this problem. But the thing is we report the problem is during our one-year walk through, and the concrete is under one-year builder warranty. They have the responsibly to fix the bad quality concrete for us. I hope the Calbridge can fix the problems ASAP.

D Hill from Calgary
D Hill from Calgary

New Home Build

Outstanding quality and service is what we received from our amazing new build with Calbridge Homes. We have built a house before (with another builder) and have friends who built around the same time as us (with other builders) and our experience was so much more positive than what it seems other builders are able to offer. We built in Riverstone (Hennessey model) did a lot of homework before choosing Calbridge and they were by far the best value for the money. We also spent a lot of time reading reviews and given that they are often mixed I appreciated when clients gave details - so for those who want more details on why we highly recommend Calbridge to anyone building a new home here goes:
• The people – our sales rep Glenda was outstanding as we are busy, picky, had a lot of questions and customization and she went the extra mile in every way. She even personally scheduled all of our supplier appointments for us and was always quick to get back to us with our volumes of questions and special requests. Randi came into the process later when our house was in the finishing stages and was so kind to send us pictures of the progress because we lived so far away. Also Mike, the construction manager, went the extra mile on many things from our initial walk-through early in the construction process to addressing any matters/concerns we had before and after possession.
• The quality – my husband is an engineer and has helped build homes before and he was very impressed by all of the building processes and quality on how they did things. Calbridge lets you visit your home all throughout the construction process (many builder’s do not) and this lets you see how everything gets done and it is top notch (we would never go with a builder where you cannot see what is happening – kind of makes you wonder). I was very impressed with the quality of the selections that you get even without doing any upgrades. Just one example is our hardwood floor which we always get compliments on and is one of the nicest I have ever seen and it was just one of our standard selections.
• The processes – when researching other builders some of them tried to sell us on the “benefit” of having a design center where you make all your selections in one place. I am so glad Calbridge does not do this. They have all the selections scheduled out in an order that really makes sense but lets you put time into each selection and then build on that (vs having to select everything at once). Also because you are dealing with each supplier at their place of business you get to choose from their full inventory (not just some limited choices a builder has at a design center) and you have experts for each area.
• The value – I am a Chartered Accountant and did a lot of cost comparisons on what you get for the money and Calbrdige gave the most value for the quality specs we were looking for (you could find lower prices for lower quality specs but that is not what we wanted). I also like that Calbridge does not charge a markup on your upgrades (other builder’s do) so at our granite place the rep indicated that Calbridge customers are the only ones who usually upgrade because upgrades are affordable to Calbridge customers because Calbridge does not add the markup other builders do which is as high as 40% (ouch). .
Sorry this is so long winded but for those of you really wanting to do your homework (like we did) I thought it might be good to have some facts you can use to compare to other builders.

Don from Cochrane
Don from Cochrane
1 review Cochrane, AB

New Home Build

Absolutely horrible builder! The lot we wanted was owned by Calbridge, so we had to build with them. What a mistake. We have built 3 houses in the past and have never had problems with other builders. The quality was extremely sub-par, and the follow up service was even worse. The service guy is rude and arrogant, and it is obvious he doesn't care about his job. Seasonal work is also taking forever to complete, and is extremely disorganized. Once you take possession they no longer care, because they have your money! What a nightmare! DO NOT BUILD WITH CALBRIDGE, unless you enjoy stress and headaches!!

More about Calbridge Homes

Building Beautiful Homes in Premier Communities Since 1978. We design quality crafted, creative and innovative homes for all types of families and lifestyles. A wide selection of product types offered in premier communities gives our customers the power of choice - the choice to grow your family, buy your first ...
Looking for Builders pros in Calgary?