Calbridge Homes

Pat in Cochrane
Pat in Cochrane
1 review Cochrane, AB

Plumbing/leaking/mold issues

Within 1 year of possession of the house, the first water leak occurred and holes were cut in the ceiling/walls of the nook (bathroom is above the area) to repair it. The plumber called by the builder to repair it was upset by how poorly the work was done in the first place. Now, just after the warranty on the house expired, near the same area but high up in a small closet on the ceiling another leak occurred causing mold. Plumber replaced 4 fittings and again said poor workmanship/supervision when house was built was the problem. None of the repairs ($10,000) are covered by insurance and the problem is that the rest of the plumbing in the house cannot be trusted, ie, second bathroom, kitchen. Placed a call to the builder but not sure if they will care now that warranty just expired.

Hi Pat. We take our customer service and the quality of our homes very seriously and are very sorry to hear that this has not been a positive experience for you. We have reached out to our warranty department and they have informed us that they have set up an appointment with you this week to review these issues and come to a resolution.

vicky
vicky

Our new house

We had couple of our friends who bought Calbridge homes from Evansridge and recommend us. After a bit more research, we decided to choose mahogany for our new house and Calbridge definitely has the nicest show home as compared to the other two. We started our process with the sale manager Peter. He is very knowledge to help us on lot selection, house plan and upgrade suggestions. we had a great experience dealing with him. After signing the agreement, we were instructed to their design center to do the selections. Although we felt they could work on improving their scheduling and communication, the overall experience at design center was good. During the build process, we stopped by their mahogany sales center regularly as we are eager to see the progress of our new house. Peter treated us the same way as if we are the potential new customer. He and the site person is very patient and explained all the questions we had during our walk-through and possession. Overall, it was a great experience and we definitely would recommend our friends to buy with Calbridge

Hey Vicky - we're so happy the purchase of your new home sounds like it was a great experience! The team out in Mahogany is amazing, and you've definitely chosen a great community to live in. A sign that we've done right by our homeowners is always when they choose to recommend us to their family and friends, so we truly appreciate that and we hope this is a relationship that will last for years into the future.

Built in 2015 and love our Home!

We built our home with Calbridge in 2015! This builder has a lot of great layout options with good utilization of space. When working with the design team and sales staff, they suggested to widen the doors in our home. Something we would never have thought of but this suggestion was given because we have a child with special needs who has a walker and a wheel chair. We found they really listened to what we wanted in our home and were able to suggest things that would better the home and make it more functional for our family. We are extremely pleased with our home and in the event we decide to move in the future, it would be into another Calbridge home!

This is amazing to hear. It's so important that whatever home you choose is exactly what you and your family need, and we're so happy that you were able to work with our design team to get exactly that!

1 review Cochrane, AB

Trading Post in Cochrane

I have had the most amazing experience with my new home. I was looking at downsizing and found the perfect floor plan within my budget. The Sales Person was helpful and quick to answer any questions that I had. This was my first new home that I purchased on my own so as you can imagine I was nervous. My home was completed ahead of schedule and is perfect.Thank you for making my experience so amazing I will certainly be recommending your team to my friends and family!

So pleased to hear that your first experience buying a home on your own was a positive one! Thanks for choosing Calbridge, we truly appreciate it, and are so happy you're loving your home!

Schmartins in Calgary
Schmartins in Calgary

Two Calbridge Homes , great value and quality.

We have built two beautiful homes with Calbridge over the last six years and are very happy with both the Calbridge team and especially with the quality and layout of our bungalow home . When our son and daughter in law decided to build their first single family home they also chose to build with Calbridge in Legacy . They love their home and the locaion....and their triple car garage ! Great home and great layout.
There is good reason this company has been around since 1978. We are loving our homes !

We are so happy to hear you've had such a great experience with Calbridge!
We are thrilled that you and your family continue to build with us and hope you still love your homes as much as the day you moved in.

Kbaxter in Calgary
Kbaxter in Calgary

Well Built Homes!

Although not a homeowner, I know a few people who have purchased with Calbridge and rave about their experience and home. Really well built with great floorplan options. They also build in good communities.

Thank you for the kind words. Always amazing to hear that our homeowners have a had great experience purchasing their homes!

Sales Manager unknowledgable and poor build quality

The Sales Manager is severely lacking in product knowledge and very slow to respond to inquiries. I was told the reason Calbridge Homes utilizes electric water tanks is because they're more efficient than gas water tanks. Clearly not true in addition to the fact that electricity is more expensive than gas in Alberta and I'm not even going to quote what it costs to upgrade to a gas water tank! Their quality of materials is questionable as well. Plastic schluter is standard in a million dollar home! Kitchen upper cabinet height is 36" ... again, standard in a million dollar home! It seems like management is not open to listening to the people who work on the ground floor ... a very badly managed company! Customer service is something this company has no interest in pursuing.

justmikef in Calgary
justmikef in Calgary

New Build Nightmare

I have had three homes built for me over the last 7 years in Cochrane, with three different builders. The first build was with another company, which was a good experience however they didn't have a lot available that I liked. The second was Calbridge, which was purchased as an investment property and a high maintenance, poorly supervised nightmare. The third was with yet another company, which was also an investment property and a good experience. If it wasn't for the fact that I am a journeyman carpenter and work in the industry, the house that Calbridge built would have still be a nightmare and we would be tied up in legal battles to this day. I know, people that do reviews online like these tend to exaggerate the situation however this is not the case. Almost from the start of the build, the mistakes started and didn't end until the finishing stages. I wouldn't place blame solely on the craftsmanship but rather the lack of supervision and understanding of the build. It got to the point where I was on site everyday to make sure things were being repaired and installed correctly and to plan. If I didn't know anything about how to build a house, the place would have been riddled with issues. Everything from missing insulation, furnace installed incorrectly, electrical panel in the wrong location, bath fan installed incorrectly, the list goes on. The supervision of the build was unsatisfactory as well, in fact, I would say almost non-existent. Every one of the issues listed above were not caught by the construction supervisor but rather by me and some issue were challenged, even though they were not onsite to see it for themselves. In the case of the missing insulation, the supervisor didn't catch it and it was going to be covered up but fortunately I was there again that day at brought it to their attention. In the end, two months delayed, the house was completed and Calbridge did repair all of the mistakes. Now, a year later, we are making a New Home Warranty claim because we have large water stains around the second floor bathroom fans. I wonder what customers end up with when they don't know the construction process and what proper installation looks like?

mao in Calgary
mao in Calgary

Bad Calbridge Homes

We bought a house from Calbridge Home, during the one-year walk through, we reported some problems of the house to the builder.
For example, the lights in our den is keep flashing when we use our printer, the second hall way floor are squeaking, the fireplace is not working at all, the dishwasher not working, the water drop directly from the eave-lead to the ground, the side walk are full of ice, the garage and drive way concrete are cracked and spalling badly.
We don’t understand why the house can have that many problems under the construction of the Calbridge, but as long as the builder can fix those problems, then we are ok with it. This is our first new house, we choose Calbridge to build our first new home because we trust Calbridge is a good builder, but until today we think we are totally wrong, we’re so disappointed with Calbridge.
Because only the fireplace and dishwasher are fixed (we contact Trail Appliance by ourselves to fix the dishwasher). Our lights in the den still flashing, our floor is still squeaking, especially the very bad quality concrete is getting worse and worse. During the one-year go through, the Service Tech told me will help us to fix the concrete problem when the weather getting warm and will contact the service company to find out how to fix it, then get back to us. But after one month, I still not get any feedback from him, so we contact him again, then he said we have to contact the Alberta new home program to report this problem. But the thing is we report the problem is during our one-year walk through, and the concrete is under one-year builder warranty. They have the responsibly to fix the bad quality concrete for us. I hope the Calbridge can fix the problems ASAP.

More about Calbridge Homes

Building Beautiful Homes in Premier Communities Since 1978. We design quality crafted, creative and innovative homes for all types of families and lifestyles. A wide selection of product types offered in premier communities gives our customers the power of choice - the choice to grow your family, buy your first ...