Simran Homes Ltd.

Builders
7543 M Calgary AB
Builders
Simran Homes Ltd.

Reviews for Simran Homes Ltd.

pepin1414 in Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
pepin1414 in Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
0 reviews Carstairs, AB

BUYER BEWARE

Buyer beware. The builder was not aware that he had to oversee the work of his trades!!!! I have a very defective house with major deficiencies contravening the Alberta Building Code and / or The Safety Act. I did stop the house construction and because of this I was able to have the basement plumbing rectified (my plumber had to supervised the builder's plumber to ascertain it was done correctly), the deck failure rectified and part of the structural problem. House needs a complete new roof; stucco must be redone; property grading, site drainage, attic insulation, air leakage are not up to code; the rough -in central air conditioner was located too close to a source of ignition (even after telling him to get expert help to do it properly re its location), deck stairs were a safety hazard. This builder did not know that for a central vacuum rough-in you need not only the pipes but you also need an electrical outlet!!!! The builder used an electrical plate to put on the sump pump hole!!!! so I don't know if the electrical plate is stopping the radon gas from escaping into the house. The builder left a big gaping hole on the side of the house (stucco) exposing the inners of the house to the winter elements. I paid for the temporary stucco fix. And this list is not comprehensive...there are more problems. 99% of these major deficiencies were discovered during construction but the builder ignored my home inspector, my other expert and me.

Chelsea Z. in Airdrie
Chelsea Z. in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Extremely Disappointed

First things first....The review below by Simran B is the owner of Simran Homes....seems questionable doesn't it? We are the second home owners of a home built in Airdrie in 2015. (The original owners posted below as this was their winter home). The original home owners did not reside in the home 12 months of the year. My family and I purchased the home in August of 2019. We had a full house inspection done with a minor things to be fixed however as the home was not well lived in no apparent issues presented themselves. Fast forward 5 months we now have over 20 grand in plumbing issues. NONE of the plumbing in the home was done correctly but because none of the bathrooms or sinks were used often or an a continuous basis no leaks had yet occured. The main floor kitchen sink was not properly secured and leaked heavily into the room and floor joices below, destroying the ceiling. The upstairs master bathroom...also leaking. Both bathtub and shower plumbing not done correctly and not waterproofed. Subsequently the water has now leaked into the kitchen, also destroying the ceiling as well as majority of the electrical in the kitchen. I have spoken to Simran Homes regarding this issue. When called, they hung up and did not want to hear our concerns. When we left a negative review on Facebook, Simran Homes messaged asking what the issues were and our address. They then stopped responding once we explained the issues and our address. I want to make clear at no time was profanity or abuse used against Simran. I would not recommend this builder to anyone. Simran Homes uses high end finishings to cover up the lack of knowledge, craftsmanship and proficiency in home building.

Richard&Judy in Calgary
Richard&Judy in Calgary
1 review Airdrie, AB

Business review

Hi Simran homes. We are a retired couple who built a home with Simran a couple of years ago. We met with Bhupinder a few days before leaving for our winter home. Together a plan was drawn, materials chosen, kitchen designed and all details and specs presented in a contract. The house was built for us over the winter with pictures sent and further details discussed at a distance. We were so pleased upon our return to have a beautiful home that more than met our expectations - and we are pretty fussy old people! The price was fair and Bhupinder was easy and pleasant to work with!

Bhajan in Calgary
Bhajan in Calgary

Custom Home

This experience was great, I have made custom homes with other home builders but this was by far my favourite. They have made me an amazing home in our budget with everything my family wanted and desired. Responses were on time, very punctual. Good communication. A lot of great choices regarding design and upgrades, and they always used high quality items. Simran Homes is a family business which made it feel comfortable, and friendly. I recommend this company with high praise. For any future endeavours, I may take will be with this housing company.

Private User reviews Airdrie, AB

Deficiencies In Plumbing & Finishes - Some Repairs Completed & Others Not At All - Just Empty Promises

Plumbing issue was not addressed at all, just excuses and poor workmanship. You can clearly tell that one of the shower heads is not installed properly and should be fixed yet the project manager ignored this. Cracked bathroom tiles were replaced. Frame shifted by stairwell causing drywall to shift out. Holes in the dry wall at different points and after painting the rails, the painting was not even completed before I moved in but the project manager is rude and condescending, even after I have been waiting for 7 month to resolve these deficiencies. Make sure they remove any stickers from the skylight and stick it on the warranty for it. Common sense is not so common.

Gurdass from Calgary
Gurdass from Calgary

New home

I bought a home from saddle stone which was absolutely amazing, My house is beautiful. I have gotten to work with the most incredible people on this, they have provided me with extravagant upgrades. They had the nicest options. Simran homes was very timely, if we had a meeting at 10 I could count on him to be there, Or If I ever encounter a problem, he always picks up on the first try. I have 2 kids who wanted to choose everything about there own rooms, and the builder was so nice, brought the nicest stuff in for my kids. All different colours for painting! Nice chandelier selections, great tiles. My children's rooms are so playful! The closets have the nicest dividers, for shoes, drawers. I can fit in so much ! Simran Homes for sure had the nicest selection, I love my house! This house was more amazing then words can describe. They didn't just make me a house, they made me a home for my family and I. Greatest decision coming to these people. It was so easy to communicate. I would definitely recommend this to everyone. Quality was amazing.