Pacific Moving Canada

Reviews for Pacific Moving Canada

Ted Margel in Toronto
Ted Margel in Toronto

Cross province move

Well done Pacific moving. I had some really expensive audio equipment that I needed to be delivered and it was never going to be straightforward due to access, so i needed movers who were experienced in this type of move. The handling fees were very reasonable and the service was carried out very well, considering there were stairs involved and my speakers were extremely heavy. Now I am definitely going to keep you in mind for my main move which is coming up at the end of the year. Thanks a lot guys!!

Bill Harris in Toronto
Bill Harris in Toronto

Outstanding service

Moving under circumstances is never without upheaval and stress involved. Outstanding service from the moving crew again! No issues at all. We would recommend Pacific Moving Canada without a thought.

Charlotte in Montréal
Charlotte in Montréal
1 review Montreal,

Moving from Vancouver to Montreal

Do NOT use this moving company. As a matter of fact, it is probably not the worst in Vancouver, but there is many reasons here for you to not use this company. We used Pacific moving with my boyfriend, and it’s been a terrible experience, generating a significant waste of money.

Short version : We moved from Vancouver to Montreal, and our furnitures took 2 months and a half to get to Montreal, instead of the 8-14 business days we first agreed on.

Long version :

The first trouble happened with the storage. We prefered Pacific Moving Company over any other company because they offered 2 weeks of free storage. After we paid the deposit, our contact explained to us that even though the storage was free, they had to store our furnitures in Toronto (where the storages are), and loading/unloading the truck would cost an extra 150 $. Therefore, we had to cancel the storage and find another one on our own, less than 2 weeks before our moving. We finally found 1 month of storage for 100 $ in our destination city.
Then, about a week before the moving date, we received a call asking to change the loading day. Everything was already set on our side around the moving date (flight tickets, check-out with the appartment agency, elevator booked, carpet cleaners, an hotel for the night before our flight) If you live in vancouver downtown, no need to explain how tricky it is to book an elevator around the 30th/31st of the month. I tried to visit the Pacific Moving Company office in Davie street (the address I found on the website), but I couldn’t find any office at this address ; only a retirement house, where the concierge told me it has been here forever, never had any moving office, he said. Anyway, I finally managed to reach someone on the phone, and after an argument, we finally managed to stick to the initial moving date.
After few weeks, they finally gave us the final price : in vancouver, they charge you based on the weight (in my previous experiences, it was always based on the volume, and you know the price BEFORE signing anything). Since we found it a bit dodgy (they weight the truck in their own location, you can’t be there to see it), we weighted everything ourselves, and found about 1000lbs. The final weight they ask us to pay for was 1600lbs……. Of course, there is absolutely no way to dispute this difference, but we know it and have to pay for it anyway.
Then, we had to wait for about 2.5 months before getting our stuff back : everytime we tried to get information, we had a different story… the true one seems to be that they want to fully load the truck before moving, so if you move during a quiet period like winter, they can keep your stuff during an entire month somewhere in your last city before their truck get fully load and can leave. I totally understand the need for them to monetize the trip, I just find it very dishonnest, irresponsible and disrespectfull to not tell the truth to their customers, and hide informations to them. There is nothing about this story of moving period that causes delays on their website, and they never talked to us about this on the many emails we shared about the move, whereas they had lots of opportunity to tell us about this fully loading truck story when we asked maybe three times how long would it take to get back our stuff in Montreal. But telling us could have make us choose another company, so of course they never mentionned that. Because of this massive delay, we had to pay 800 extra dollars in an airBnB, then to buy a new bed, kitchen supply, blankets, and any furnitures we needed to live in our new unfurnished appartment while we were waiting on their truck with everything we needed in it.
Finally, once our furniture arrived, after we rented the storage ($100) for nothing, and after we bought pretty much everything, we complained (again) about the poor service we received. Pacific Moving generously offered a discount of $100. But a few hours later, they sent us another e-mail to explain that based on google street view, they saw the stairs of our house (first floor), and would have to charge an extra fee for that… guess how much… $100 ! We complained again about that, and they finally gave up on this one, so we did get our $100 discount, very much deserved.

On the good side of things, almost nothing was damaged, the movers were kind and efficients, and again, almost nothing damaged, which is rare enough to be mentionned.

To conclude, I really think that pacific moving are the least worst movers you can find in Vancouver, but really, what happened to us is really bad ! Try to avoid as much as possible.

Hello Charlotte,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your grievances on how our services do not meet up with your expectations.

Our greatest desire is to ensure our customers are satisfied at all levels and find the most suitable way to fix their problems without delay.

We tried our best to give you as much detailed answers to your questions in the email correspondence as possible, where we specified and explained that the reason your delivery was late. Since the volume of work is much less in winter than it is in summer, we reduced the number of monthly trips from 4 to 2. And as advised to you via email, we couldn't send your belongings with the truck that was departing right after your pickup as it was fully booked and we had to wait for another truck departing in 2 business weeks to send your belongings with.

We will assess your complaints to deduct measures we can adopt to prevent issues of this nature in subsequent times.

We want to use this opportunity to tell you that we are sorry for the difficulties you have encountered as a result of this problem. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this case, we do extend it with sincerity. Our aspiration is to keep you as one of our valued customers, and we hope to serve you better in future.

Best wishes,
PacificMovingCanada

Robert in Hammonds Plains
Robert in Hammonds Plains
1 review Hammonds Plains, NS

NOTHING THEY TELL YOU IS TRUE!

I really don't know why it's so hard to find ethical movers.... but do NOT choose this one! Doesn't matter what they tell you before you book, it's all untrue!
Moving from BC to NS I purposely wanted to move very light (and I hoped cheaply) and start fresh. So I didn't take any furniture and pretty much just boxes of personal items. For this I was quoted their minimum charge of 1000 lbs. even though I knew to be less than that I accepted this and booked with them.
Then the fees start changing... 1st with an 'Area surcharge' for my destination of $50. for some reason. I live just 15 min from the largest city in the maritimes and very accessible right off a highway, so that was my 1st red flag.
Upon pick up ,the invoice from the mover was that he estimated my items to be 1250 lbs. I assumed like most companies they would pad their quotes to cover their asses and to try squeeze more $ out of me anyway.
Then they tell me there's a $150 charge for each of my 2 kayaks that they didn't say initially. When I questioned this I was told it's because they cannot stack anything on top of them so they lose truck space. I disputed since my kayaks were on a cart stacked already so they would take the same room as 1 anyway. After arguing back and forth they charged me $100 each still. HOWEVER when the truck arrived they had taken the kayaks off the cart and hung them on the walls anyway so that was BS.
I was told initially when I asked how long the shipping takes I was specifically told; "No more than 3 weeks and we will give you minimum 3 days notice.". Well it took exactly 5 weeks and I got 24 hours notice! When I pointed this out I was told I should have checked the Frequently Asked section?? No accountability for what they tell you at all and no apologies.
But the worst of it was while my items were in transit I get an email saying my items were scaled and actual weight is 1860 lbs?? Adding another 50% more weight which I knew was impossible!! There was NO WAY my few items weighed as much as a full 1 bedroom suite when I didn't even have any furniture! I called to dispute and just got a run around and ignored. Finally they send me a 'weight ticket' to 'prove' their claims which really do not tell you anything. Its a piece of paper showing a before and after weight without any idea what they did to skew these weights. I offered to rent an industrial scale to weight each box as they came off and prove my weights were much less but they of course refused to acknowledge any systems that were not their own. And when the truck did show it was stacked full of their own moving supplies which I have no doubt they charge customers for. I am sure big moves this has less impact and they assume they can get away with this. But for my little move it had doubled my initial bill! They refuse to deliver the items unless you pay their ridiculous charges basically holding them hostage.
I am now working with the BBB to hold them accountable for their horrible business practices. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere!!

Robert,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your grievances on how our services did not meet up with your expectations.

We've reviewed your feedback and would like to share our comments based on the information you provided.

The area surcharge was applied since you changed the destination city from Halifax to Hammonds Plains and it is 24km away from the major city of Halifax.
The exact weight is being determined upon truck scale before and after the load but not by visual estimation by the movers.
We notified you about an extra fee for kayaks right after you informed us you will have them to be moved as well. You notified us about kayaks 5 days after confirming your booking.
In one of our emails from May 9th we informed you that:
"The average transit time is 14-21 business days from scheduled departure date (West to East).
The exact delivery date we will know and confirm to you at least 1-2 days prior to truck arrival.
Tentatively, we are looking between 15th - 20th."
The scheduled departure date is not the same as the pickup date since we don't do dedicated movers but consolidated.
Your delivery was done on June 25th and we notified you about it on Friday, June 22nd which is more than 24hr notice.
The weight was determined by weighing the truck twice on a full platform certified scale. The scale ticket was provided at request.
We offered you a rescaling option which means we scale the truck in front of you. You declined our offer.

We are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience you had with us.

Respectfully,
PacificMovingCanada

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto
1 review Ajax, ON

From AB to ON with professionals

Pacific Moving Canada is the most professional company I have worked with, providing the most competitive prices on the market and an excellent customer service. My goods were delivered as promised, on time and without any damages. I recommend Pacific Moving to everyone.

Aili Renee in Toronto
Aili Renee in Toronto

Wouldn't use them again if they were the last moving company in Canada

I had moved from Toronto to Moncton and found Pacific Moving online. With 'raving reviews', I booked them. When my stuff arrived in Moncton, more than 50% was damaged. Boxes cracked with boot marks on them, furniture was badly chipped and scuffed. An authentic Robert Bateman picture with the frame totalled. Not one piece of furniture made it unscathed. I filed a claim for the damages, to which they apologized, then took their sweet time, while I continued paying for storage to house the damaged items, to try to reconcile the issue. With back and forth emails, I was basically called out for creating a fictitious story about how my items got damaged. I accepted their large restitution amount of $50 for the over $700 that they damaged. Will never use them again. Will never refer business to them. Absolutely horrendous company to deal with.

Sri Bala in Vancouver
Sri Bala in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Home Movers

Hired Pacific Moving Canada for the move from Edmonton to Toronto. Team was prompt at pick up and delivery. Professional work & peace of mind. Fragile things handled with care, delivered safe; furniture dismantling and reassembly done great. Recommend these folks.

Thank you for mentioning the positive aspects of our work, Sri. Pacific Moving is a company with a great sense of responsibility and we make all possible to meet your requirements during the process of moving. In this regard, we want to thank you for highly appreciating the work we've done.

Fazal Ahmed in Toronto
Fazal Ahmed in Toronto

Experienced Staff with Good Customer Service

I am really satisfied with these movers. I shipped my items which included bedroom and living furniture. They were very fast and experienced in terms of getting the things in and out of the house even though there was not much room to maneuver. The only thing that was disappointing was that they did not provide the promised free storage.

Fazal, our company values your time for writing this feedback. All the team is working hard for 100% satisfaction of the customers.In this concern, we are happy when we receive these kind of positive reviews. We apologize for not giving you the opportunity to use our free storage promotion, but as we explained to you, this had to be confirmed prior to pick up.

Worrick Mosley in Toronto
Worrick Mosley in Toronto
1 review Vancouver, BC

The move went well!

The move went well. Movers are very good and fast. They packed all with blankets, was very nice. My English is not very good and office was very patient and give me all information and send everything in email. I told my friends to use Pacific Moving Canada, they are great!

Worrick, we are happy to read that you enjoyed your moving experience with us. We hope that you will hire us for your future move.

More about Pacific Moving Canada

When you choose Pacific Moving Canada, you can rest assured that you are getting the best customer service you can get anywhere! !
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Vancouver?