BLP Reno

Reviews for BLP Reno

Sharon in Old Toronto
Sharon in Old Toronto

Composite Deck

We hired BLP Reno though some work we saw them complete in our neighbourhood. We were interested in building a composite deck and small section of cedar fence. We initially met with David for an estimate. After confirming the project he was able to provide with with numerous options and samples of composite decking and railing. It took sometime from the application of the permit to completion, but David was quite thorough in taking care of this. A few weeks ago we were able to see our final product. David and his team have quite remarkable workmanship. We will definitely be using them for other projects we have budgeted for around the house. Thank you for your amazing work.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Worst Contractor Ever! Do NOT hire!

After seeing BLP down the street working at a neighbour's house, I asked David (owner) if he could build two sides of our wood fence to match the existing back side. He said of course and quoted me a price. We agreed.

A few weeks later he shows up to remove my existing fence. He knocks on my door and insists we pay him more money because he didn't measure the fence correctly. I told him we agreed already on a price and if he wanted me to pay more, he should at least give me a discount on the difference. He began to swear at me at my front door, behaving like a teenager throwing a tantrum. I was shocked at the unprofessionalism and manner in which in spoke. He accused me (falsely) that I knew the fence was measured incorrectly. I did not know and said that it's his job to measure the fence, not mine. He wanted an extra $600 and we agreed on an extra $450. He walked away begrudged and fuming (even though I was the one who had to pay more). I was in shock that this is what I would have to deal with.

A day or two later, the wood for the fence showed up on my driveway. It was a different colour than the fence it was supposed to match. My neighbour who shares the fence with me voiced her displeasure with the wood as it was not going to match her back fence. When I asked David about it, he said he could not and would not guarantee that the wood would match the back fence. I told him this is what we hired him to do and what he said he would do when he came to quote us. As his temper escalated, I told him I was not going to pay him if he didn't match the fence as we agreed prior.

At this point, he became physically assaultive, pushing his body into mine on my driveway in the presence of witnesses. I had to literally push him off of me and pull out my phone to video record this incident taking place because I was convinced I'd have to show it to the police or a lawyer. Again, I was completely shocked by the unprofessionalism.

He swore at and argued with me for over an hour. He threatened to quit the job even though he had already taken down my existing fence and littered my property with debris. I told him to finish the job as we agreed and he would get paid. It took everything from me to maintain my composure as the only leverage I had at this point was payment.

When they were ready to install the fence, he insisted on the majority of payment upfront before the job was done. Based on the extreme unprofessionalism up until that point, I had no trust in him to keep to his word and there was no way I was going to pay him before the job was complete. Again, he threatened to leave the job. After many emails back and forth, he agreed to complete the job and accept payment afterward.

The job was done and it was tolerable, though clearly rushed. He received full payment. At this point, I was just looking to get a reasonable fence and move on. However, within two weeks, the latches on my gate and my neighbor's gate broke. When I contacted David to repair the fence (as he guaranteed parts and labour for one year) he did not repair the pieces. He claimed that we made adjustment to the gate that caused the broken pieces. Those adjustments were made after the gates had broken in order to keep our gates closed instead of flapping in the wind without working latches.

This was the worst experience I've had with a contractor even though I've had many renos done before. All of this over a simple fence job. I can't even imagine what would have happened if we let him inside our home. I wouldn't let him near my home again as "unprofessional" is an understatement. He was physically and verbally assaultive, purposely insulting me throughout the process. He used intimidation and bullying tactics in interactions. He would purposely do things to get back at me and clearly did not keep his word on many occasions. His crew was actually very nice and amicable. It's unfortunate that they are led by someone would actually makes more problems for them than necessary.

BLP does not meet any reasonable standard of workman professionalism that is required for any job in your home. You have many options, do NOT choose them.

Please do NOT hire this company.

Kyle in Guelph
Kyle in Guelph

Fence and Deck

David and his team recently completed our rooftop deck and backyard fence. Our back yard and deck is always a topic when we have family and friends visit. During construction we made numerous changes to the project and David was with us every step of the way. We can't thank you and your team enough for the amazing job you've done.

Kyle and Melissa, it was a pleasure working with you both. I was excited about the changes we made, this is exactly why the finished product is always a topic. We hope to hear from you in the future. Thank you.

Rex in Toronto
Rex in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

Hi Everyone,

I can't regret choosing BLP Reno working with David, and his team. They are absolutely AWESOME!! David did an excellent and a phenomenal job in every aspect. He is very attentive, knowledgeable and very detailed (I am a very picky guy - :-)). He is very flexible and most important, reasonable! After receiving 7 quotes, David made me feel very secure to choose him and so I did, and I could not be any happier. I am very happy that believed in David and his work, and trusted him with every single step. I highly recommend him for any projects you may have. He will make sure you are in good hands and I look forward to working with him on my next upcoming project ( a big one).

Hi Rex, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. The team and I were very happy to work with Sid and yourself, and look forward to working with you on future projects. Thanks again.

natashia in Toronto
natashia in Toronto

Basement Renovation

We couldn’t be happier with our beautiful new basement completed by BLP Reno. We were nervous about hiring the right contractor for such a big project, but we’re so glad we chose to go with David and his hardworking team at BLP Reno. From start to finish David and his team were a dream to work with. David was extremely professional and communicative throughout the entire project.  He was always available to answer our many questions or walk us through the progress. The team at BLP Reno is courteous and was respectful of our home, kept everything tidy, and minimized disruption. Our basement was completed on time and at the cost agreed upon. Of course, the best part is the final product, they take pride in their work and it shows. I think the pictures speak for themselves, their craftsmanship and attention to detail cannot be beat! My family loves our new basement and we can’t thank BLP Reno enough. I highly recommend BLP Reno for any job, big or small. You won’t be disappointed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us Natashia. Your family and yourself were wonderful to work with. Hope you enjoy the cozy basement suite. Thanks again.

AK123
AK123

Beam Installation

BLP did a great job from start to finish. They took proper measures at the beginning to protect the home and did a thorough clean up at the end. The work was very professional. The were polite, efficient and organized. I would definitely recommend them.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. You were both awesome to work with!

Joyous in San Francisco
Joyous in San Francisco
1 review Boucherville, QC

Excellent work

We recently had a full basement makeover. It wasn't an easy decision to choose the right contractor, but we wound up choosing BLP Reno. The David and the guys are very hard working and did such an amazing job. They really pay attention to detail. They completed a full kitchen and bathroom with heated floors, and replaced our old boiler with a combination boiler. Amazing work. Thank you for an amazing job.

Thank you so much for tanking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family.

Bathroom shower reno

David and his crew came to rectify a problem with the shower floor, that was not their fault, 6 months after completeing the job.
Simply amazing....I highly recommend them and their work.

Glad we could help. Thank you for the review.

Master bathroom shower renovation

David and his team have been professional, courteous and mindful of our home for the duration of the project.
David has been nothing but a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.
I would highly recommend him.

Copeland F.
Copeland F.
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Bathroom Renovation

We love our new bathroom. David really delivered on my vision of having a no- threshold , doorless, open shower and the final result is stunning, sleek and modern ....exactly what we wanted.
David was an absolute pleasure to work with, always punctual and 100% professional from start to finish. The caliber of his work, and that of his crew, was top notch. He was always available and responsive to any questions or concerns that I had (responding to texts even after hours!!!). We couldn't be happier.

More about BLP Reno

BLP Reno is a trusted, professional, and knowledgeable general contractor servicing the Greater Toronto Area. We have been in business since 2001 and bring a team like approach to each and every job we do regardless of size or scope. Our staff of licensed and insured professionals ensure your project ...
Looking for Kitchen Planning & Renovation pros in York?