This entry did not meet HomeStars review criteria.
This entry did not meet HomeStars review criteria.
We would like to extend our gratitude and thanks to Evo Roofing Systems (EVO) for its excellent job done at our house. Our old flat roof with tar & gravel and surrounded by asphalt shingles had been long overdue for replacement. We found the best roofer. EVO promptly provided us with very detailed information of the materials, scope of work and quotation for the job – a 60/80mil PVC roofing membrane and metal slate shingles. Artem and his turbo crew is the reason for our 100% complete satisfaction and peace of mind.
The entire crew gets an “A+” in their professional service, attitude, work ethic and above all, first-class craftsmanship and skill. They work in a highly pro-active, well organized and efficient manner to complete the task in a timely manner. Every day after work, they left the surrounding perimeters of our house clean and neat. They are courteous, thoughtful, helpful and always with a smile too.
We are deeply impressed with EVO’s expert roofing knowledge and remarkable service. Our most sincere thanks go to Artem and his outstanding crew for creating a beautiful, durable and eco-friendly flat roof for our house. We would not hesitate in referring EVO to anyone who needs a new roof.
Thank you very much Alice! It's been a great pleasure dealing with you and Simon from the first visit throughout the entire installation process! We truly appreciate your business!
Recently decided that it was time to replace our leaking tar and gravel flat roof. My wife found some info on Facebook about Evo Roofing " The flat roof specialists" , decided to give them a call and find out more.
Their estimator, Vitaly set up an appointment with us that afternoon. On arrival he inspected the roof and advised us what he thought we would have to do. There was no high pressure sales pitch, just the facts, he explained in complete detail how their process with PVC roofing was installed and what the benefits of the product were ... he was very efficient and professional through this whole procedure.
We decided to go with Evo, a start date arranged and on that day Artem and his fantastic crew showed up right on time and got straight to work. The first thing they did was erected a security railing / fence around the entire roof, you could see that safety was very important to them !!
They removed the entire old roof and skylights in very short time and began the installation of the new PVC membrane. Any time I went up the ladder to see how they were doing they always made a point of explain exactly what each process was, they were all very friendly and courteous.
They continued the installation all day, and by evening the entire new roof, the new skylights and most of the metal flashing around the edge was completed, they then went around the entire house and picked up anything that had been dropped during the work.
Alex came back the next day, completed the flashing, re-installed all of the downspouts and tidied up once more.
Can not say enough about how professional and hard working everybody that we dealt with at Evo was, would recommend them to anybody in a heartbeat.
J + B Tsawwassen
Hi Jim. Thank you very much for sharing this! Great words, can't appreciate enough! Thanks again for hiring us!
We had an old torch-on roof and wanted to replace it. The Evo representative who came to explain the product and give us an estimate was incredibly thorough and clear. He had answers to all my husband's questions and we had an estimate very quickly. The new roof was installed in two days by a very hard-working crew. At least one crew member asked if I had any questions whenever I went outside to see how things were progressing. The crew were neat, careful and fast! We now have a beautiful new roof and I no longer fear rain which used to bring leaks on a frequent basis. We were most impressed with the work ethic of the crew and the professionalism of Artem and Vitaly. I am sending my "new roof" photos to all my friends! I highly recommend this company!
Fran, thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your business and I'm really happy you enjoy your new roof! Artem
EVO Roofing completed our roof just yesterday. I am still astounded at the transformation 24 hours later - while most people showcase pictures of their kids etc, I am trying to figure out how we can show off our roof, I am so impressed! I should mention we live in an older home and have been faced with the hugely daunting task of replacing an old tar and gravel roof while at the same time addressing some big problems with the attachment of an addition made to the house five years ago - a truly botched up job where the old roof met the new roof - being new homeowners, relatively speaking, we had no clue. Many years, assessments, opinions etc later, we received materials from EVO roofing some months ago. Fast forward to yesterday, we now have a roof created by a punctual, highly efficient, skilled, professional, industrious, and extremely polite crew. Whereas the real test will come when we hit the wet season, I feel confident that we will not have the same issues with intense leakage and faulty drainage we have had particularly this past year (despite temporary fixes by other companies). We are thrilled with the job that EVO roofing has done for us. This review would not be complete without a personal note of gratitude for Artem. He has been incredibly patient; has provided information, possibilities and solutions; he truly hears the customer. We have had many emails going back and forth ; he even responded while he was on, what, I am sure, was a much-needed and well deserved holiday, to let me know he would get back to me with answers to questions as soon as he could. We have dealt with many- and a variety of - professionals in the construction field and while the following statement may also be true from a physical point of view, I can state with complete and utter conviction that Artem with his expertise, integrity, unparalleled professionalism, and incredibly helpful approach; stands head and shoulders above the rest.
Thank you so much! We truly appreciate the trust which you put in us when you make the decision to hire us as your roofing contractor. We really appreciate this feedback - this is a huge thing for us - it motivates us to stay on the top of the game in both installation and overall customer service experience. Thank you for your business once again! Artem
YES It helps to reduce the heat after I changed with EVO !
I find EVO through internet and facebook and not sure it can help me to reduce the heat that I face on every Summer with my Steel on Wood Roof. So I email EVO and Artem get back to me within 2 hours and arrange the inspection by himself within a day. His team took the old material off and replace the new PLY Roof System professionally in a day plus clean up everything before they go. I can feel very comfortable now even my sundeck record 35-37C and inside my house remain between 22-25C which is much much better than before. We usually still feel the heat till mid-night in the old time.
We strongly recommend you to change to the PLY Roof System if you have the problem ( heat ) with your house. Thank you Artem and your team. GOOD JOB !
Thank you Anders! Great to hear the new roof works out well for you! We really appreciate your business. Artem
This is my review of the PVC roof installed by EVO Roofing, 118-3989 Henning Drive Burnaby, BC V5C 6P8, Canada.
Today is April 2, 2015. I had contracted EVO Roofing in July 2014, thus my experiences are limited. In particular, I have no experience with snow on the roof during the winter months, had frost but not snow - will update when I get snow in future years. Below are my point by point observations:
1. I chose the white 6 mil pvc (poly vinyl chloride - feels like tough rubber but not rubber) from a choice of 5, 6, and 8 mil thicknesses of various colours. White was chosen for its high heat reflection. During the summer months the outside temperature reached over 90 degrees Fahrenheit but the inside never exceeded 75 degrees. In previous years with the old roof, a tar and gravel type, the inside would match the outside temperature, sometimes even exceeding the outside due to humidity. It was very pleasant under the pvc roof.
2. During the winter months I did not experience extra cold or loss of heat from the pvc roof, nor did I expect to. My gas usage did go down but that's probably due to warmer than normal winter.
3. During rainy days it was very quiet and, of course, no leaks. The EVO Roofing guys made sure the water off the roof go to the drains, instead of the sides where it would overflow and splash down to the sidewalk noisily as was happening under the old roof. The quiet is a big plus for me.
4. I went up to the roof for a thorough check on March 31, 2015. There was a little moss spread all around but it was carried over by the wind and definetely not grown out of the pvc. There was no discolouration, no cracks, no holes (birds chipping away at the roof), and no seams coming loose. I checked the pvc up close and observed not even minor cracks, and no weaknesses either, poking and pushing the pvc, the same integrity as the day it was installed. It was not moist (major rains the previous day and for several days before) but completely dry. It is not true, as posted in some internet forums, that the pvc is slippery. I checked the seams everywhere and everywhere it is strong. I checked for fungus, algae and mushrooms (yes, mushrooms - they can grow even on carpet) and nothing. I did find some small pockets of water at the down edge where the puddle is too small to drain. There I found some green stuff, probably algae at the bottom of the water but it is not attached to the pvc. I checked the pvc around the vents and the chimney, all strong. I know I only have a short experience thus far but I am pleased with the quality of the pvc. What I did see that concerned me was a few air bubbles underneath the pvc a few inches wide spread all around, six or seven of them. The pvc itself of the bubbles is strong. I'm guessing the roof under the pvc has some trapped air, and in any case EVO Roofing assured me they were normal.
5. I mentioned before that I only experienced frost but not snow in the winter months. From the inside I experienced nothing unusual, no sounds of contraction, no leaks, no abnormal loss of heat. From the outside the frost behaved normally, even distribution, no clumping at the low sides, no uneven melting, no sliding of the frost, etc.
Below are my observations during the pvc install proccess:
1. It was done with a crew of four to eight workers, mostly young 25 - 35 years old. They were courteous, considerate, and very professional. They wore socks to avoid damage to the pvc. They wore work clothes and had safety ropes everywhere. There was no partying or playing or eating on the roof. I was allowed on the roof many, many times to observe, and was actually helped up to the roof. The crew answered my many questions patiently and thoroughly. The work itself was very thorough and high quality, no quick and sloppy jobs. I would rate the crew first class.
2. The install process took just two days. The beginning of the first day involved removing the gravel off the roof. Then came the roof integrity checks (the old roof leaked), where they removed damaged plywood, checked for mildew and fungus in the attic and in the insulation and replaced or repaired damage. After that came the thin insulation install over the tarred plywood. I had the option to remove the tar and install new plywood but declined to save costs, as the old plywood was in excellent condition (the leaks were from the cracks between pieces of plywood, where the tar had split). After this came the pvc install itself. This was done all in the first day and I was there witnessing every step of the way. The work crew did a very professional job. On the second day the metal sidings and the smaller roof thingy were done, along with the vents and the drains. After that came the touch ups and the clean ups. The clean ups were far more thorough than the tar and gravel crew did 20 years before. All in all, it was an excellent job.
3. The whole process was mostly quick and quiet, using screws to secure the thin insulations and the heat gun for pvc seams. The big lawnmower sized heat machine for pvc seams was a little loud but tolerable. There were no mishaps, no grinding noises, no flying debris, no smells (like in tar and gravel). The final result is a beautiful white roof.
Below are some details of my contract:
1. It is a big roof(2,888 sq.ft), a duplex two-storey house shared with my neighbour. Not sure if I should mention price but it is roughly two and a half times that of the ordinary shingle roof, three times of the tar and gravel roof(twenty year old prices, mind you), one and a half times of the rubber roof. Yes, it is pricey. I debated with myself on the pros and cons of everything. The shingle roof provides no guarantee of leak-free because of its nature, of over-lapping shingles, difficulty locating leaks, weakness against wind, and moss growth. I have twenty years of experience with a tar and gravel roof and I didn't like the poor heat reflection during summer, the secret leaks, the poor drainage, and the trapped debris and moss that are difficult to remove. One quick sweep of the pvc roof and all debris would be gone. I didn't go with the rubber because it is close in price and yet offerred nothing compelling and is poor in reflecting summer heat. Rubber, like tar, expands and contracts with temperature, and splits and cracks, leading to leaks. The pvc is strong, smooth, almost like one surface, everywhere. Leaks are easy to locate and repair. A visual inspection is all that is required for pvc integrity. That is not possible with the other roofs. There is also the tile roof, which is sometimes even more expensive than the pvc, has all the problems with shingle roofs, and is very heavy. The pvc is very light. What clinched my decision is, according to internet opinions, pvc lasts forever, which means to me it holds its integrity through high and low temperatures, dust and wind, snow, rain, and hail. The manufacturer provides a Lifetime guarantee for the pvc. Thus, I thought the pvc was worth its high price.
2. The contract is for the entire roof, including the neighbour's side obviously, the little roof thingy, new vents, new leaf guards, four new front drain pipes, new white sidings, gravel removal, new fanfold panels (the new insulation on top of the tarred roof but underneath the pvc), pvc, labour, cleanups, replacement of damaged roof plywood, damaged attic insulation, photo and filming of the roof during various stages (a copy was sent to me and my neighbour), post install service (repairs, touchups, etc) also known as ten-year workmanship warranty from EVO Roofing. The pvc itself is guaranteed for life for original contractees from the manufacturer IB Roof Systems, 20 years pro-rated for subsequent owners. The costs were split down the middle between me and my neighbour. EVO Roofing offered easy payment terms, any combination of credit, debit, cash, and installments.
3. We, the neighbours and I, contracted for the 60 mil thickness of the pvc. According to EVO, 60 mil and 80 mil are overkill, 50 mil is more than enough strength. The difference in price between 50 and 60 mil is not that much but we decided the extra strength and peace of mind was worth the small extra cost.
Final thoughts. I recommend EVO Roofing and pvc roofs even if pricey. Do the math yourself and you will come to the same conclusion. I do have some caveats. The pvc roofs are not for houses that are going to be torn down in less than 20 years, as that is a waste for strong roofs. The pvc roofs are great for flat and low slope roofs, but for high slope roofs you may want to save costs and use shingles because snow isn't as much of an issue and rain water drains quickly (thus less chance of water damage). If you do decide on pvc, I strongly recommend EVO Roofing as contractors. They take care of you from beginning to end, providing you a huge amount of detail, documentation (pictures, video, print), and post-installion service. I hope this post is helpful for those looking for a new roof.
PS: The site required that I post the cost so: $15,000 for my share, $30,000 for both sides (actually a little less) including tax.
Thank you Mr. Chang! What a review! You have it all covered pretty much for those looking to replace their roof! Thanks again for the opportunity, we truly appreciate your business!
Had the roof done in August 2014. Everything about this process was easy. Even thought the skylight people sent the wrong sizes, Evo Roofing took care of it all. No hassles for me. The job was done quickly (one day) and cleanly. Hardly knew there was anything going on above me. The crew was great and CLEAN. Love our new white roof. Thanks Vitaly
Rob, we really appreciate your feedback and very happy to hear we met all your expectations! Thank you for your business!
Every homeowner recognizes the fact that a new roof constitutes a major investment in one’s property. In August of 2014, it became obvious that we were going to have to replace our roof before the fall rainy season came upon us. The question was, what type of material should we replace our tar & gravel roof with, and which contractor should we hire to do the work? Based on an impressive referral campaign on Facebook, we decided to contact EVO Roofing Systems.
It is well known that first impressions are usually correct, and based on our initial impression of the company, the product, and the professional approach taken by Vitali, the estimator and contractor’s representative, we decided to engage EVO Roofing Systems.
It did not take long to determine that our choice was the correct one. The work was well thought through and brilliantly executed with what appeared to be military precision.
To put it in a nutshell, EVO Roofing Systems is the antithesis of a roofing company, period! The initial presentation by Vitali was concise, easy to understand, and backed by photographs that spoke more than a thousand words. The estimate presented was carefully itemized and offered a choice of material colors and thicknesses for the top membrane. In addition, we were pleased to be offered to have installed a custom made insulation system that sculpted the roof surface to create inclines to the drains, and to virtually eliminate pooling of water by correcting low spots in the original structure.
Little did we know that Vitali’s impeccable presentation would be followed by an amazing installation by Artem and his well-trained crew of tradesmen. The work was done in a timely manner and executed with a military precision. It became obvious that we were dealing with a team of people who believe in and trust in the roofing system they install. The attention to detail during construction and the clean-up afterward was simply impressive. Everything promised in the contract was delivered on time and on budget.
One does not have to be a specialist in roofing systems to appreciate the value and beauty of the product we had installed. Likewise, in our opinion, EVO Roofing Systems provides an industry leading product, and a service that is priced fairly and competitively. At the end of the day, we received a sound roof backed by a solid warranty and it is visually attractive to boot; I was very impressed by the beauty of the finished product.
In conclusion, we would not hesitate to recommend EVO Roofing Systems as an outstanding choice for anyone’s flat roof construction for single family dwellings, multiple dwelling structures and commercial buildings. We are thankful for the great product and professional installation of the roof on our behalf.
Dr. V Rust
Thank you Bert & Valerie! What a feedback! We are very happy to realize that this is how you view our service! Such compliments force us to provide better service every time we start a new job. Day by day...It keeps all of us (management and installation) in a mood that we have to provide superior service not just as a part of business, but due to huge amount of trust you insert into our company when you make a decision to have your roof installed by us. We always say that the cooperation from the client is also the key - and we loved the way everything went simply because you were very cooperative and accommodating as well - the only way contractor can fulfill the client's needs is to hear them, but if they are not spoken, they can’t be heard - we appreciate your input in terms of speaking out your needs as well – that helped a lot! We feel to also give you 5 star rating as a client, we’ve had awesome experience!
Thank you, Bert and Valerie, for choosing us!
P.S and we’ll make sure all our installers read the review. They deserve it!