RB'S ELECTRIC

Calgary AB T2J 2B4
HomeStars  >  Electricians in Calgary  >  RB'S ELECTRIC

Reviews for RB'S ELECTRIC

Jonathan in Calgary

Ron from RB's Electrical came to install two pairs of 3 way switches.
Whilst here he also fixed a light fitting that was wired incorrectly and changed another switch too.
Ron was great, and quickly and efficiently sorted out all my problems.
I would highly recommend RB's Electric and I will definitely be using these guys again in the future.

I always like to be as helpful as possible when at any project, this particular call was supposed to be for only a few switches to be replaced. The client had previous problems with another set of switches not working properly so i investegated and made sure that the wiring was correctly installed. Also i would like to say thanks to Jon for his patience as i first communicated with him to arrive at an earlier time but my job comes with unexpected/ emergency calls and it just so happened while on my way that i received a such a call and we communicated to postpone for a later time. Its always nice to meet reasonable people thanks again Jon.

Kamal

1. First call was to install a light, switch and a plug. Ron listened, did what we asked, cleaned up and was very friendly to deal with. The work quality was very good, prices were reasonable. A job well done!

2. I called him back to pull Ethernet network cables, for internet. Yes, he does that as well! It was an "extreme fishing job", but Ron stuck around, tried many ideas and got the job done.

I would call him again.

It was a pleasure to be working for such a nice a family. Kamal knew exactly what he wanted from me and explained the placement of where he desired the locations of the electrical to be installed. When possible I clean up the mess I make during an installation out of respect to the customer and their home. Thanks again Kamal for your patience regarding my timing on getting to your home and a personal thanks for the food and drink you offered us...much appreciated.

Initially visit was scheduled between 3 and 3:30pm. Then re-scheduled between 4 and 4:30pm. Showed up 5:15pm. It was a 240V breaker problem, did not have breakers on them and sent me to shop for them. Overall spent 45-50 min at home, charged me $100, while we previously agreed to $85/hour. A disaster -- do not call them.

Alright so our initial meet time was at 3-3:00 pm, I personally thought that I could have made this call and was only going to charge a service fee of $85.00 plus. G.S.T. My van heater had been giving me problems for a few days already and finally stopped working therefore taking full priority of my day ( I was not going anywhere in Minus 24 degrees Celsius except to the mechanics shop to get this issue fixed ). Communication is a key factor in keeping business and also getting more business so I had my co-workers take on this call for me. Right around 1:30 pm my co-worker informed you that they would provide you service after they were done the project they were already working at ( He told you some time in between 4-4:30 pm ). I told my co-workers that they must finish the job they were at before heading out to your home, in my line of work there are usually unforeseen obstacles that create us more work thus leading to more time spent on a project. Obviously my co-workers ran into some of these obstacles and ended up finishing their work at the project a little later than they had expected. They were complete and headed off in your direction, called you to inform you that they were now on their way. They told me later that you seemed quite upset over the phone because of the short delay we had put you through but you told them that you would proceed with the work and asked them to come by still. My co-workers arrived at approx. 5:15 pm ( only 1 hr 45 min from our originally scheduled meet time ), once there we found out that a breaker was required to proceed with the job at hand. Not once but twice they asked you that it would be faster if they go and grab the breaker from the hardware store and you shut that option down and told them firmly that you would go and grab the breaker. We had to agree but before you left we described in great detail the breaker you would need to get, so off you went to get the breaker and not only once but twice you had to call my co-workers from the hardware store to make sure you were grabbing the correct breaker. Overall, time could have saved if you had us go and grab the material required ( 1 man work the electrical panel and 1 guy grab the breaker ).

1.) Getting a 2 man service call from an electrical company for only $100.00 WITHOUT G.S.T is a fantastic deal, I know some electrical companies that automatically charge on arrival a 2 hr minimum for only 1 man.

2.) We offered twice to get the breaker for you, but in your review you say we MADE you go shop for it? Please tell the truth in a review on a site like this, that would be greatly appreciated.

3.) NO ELECTRICIAN CARRIES EVERY BRAND OF BREAKER ( I AM NOT AN ELECTRICAL WHOLESALER, I AM AN ELECTRICIAN )

4.) You claim in your review at the end that this call was a disaster...? Did we fix your issue? In the end you had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes but had the work done on the same day you wanted it done. A disaster isn't even when a company does not show up ( because then you do not even have to pay them ), a disaster is when a company shows up and fails to do the job or makes the problem worse and charges you for it.

5.) I strongly believe in patience and you my good sir have none, you gave us a ZERO out of TEN review for fixing your electrical problem for $10.24 more than I initially told you the call would cost. Thank you for your business but please do not call us ever again.

Brett in Panorama Hills

The plug-in in my ensuite stopped working on a Saturday morning knocking out the power to my whole bathroom. I called and left a message and Ron called me back right away. He was here by the afternoon to fix my problem. He and his helper were thorough making sure that the plug was the problem and not just a symptom and explained to me what they were working on. I would use their services again.

Thank you Brett for the review, from the information you gave me with the initial phone conversion i knew the electrical issue should not take too long to resolve but i wanted to insure that there didn't have to be a return call for the same issue. If i investegated every aspect that i could that had to do with that same problem circuit then i can feel certain that my job was complete.

Leanne from Calgary

Ron has done several jobs for us, including installing a hot tub, electrical outlets, motion sensors lights and smoke detectors. The jobs are done efficiently and the work space is cleaned when the job is completed. He is very personable and is happy to explain what he is doing in layman terms. I believe that we received good quality work for the amount charged.

Brenda from Calgary

We are finishing our basement and have had this company do the electrical work. We are having lights, plugs, and a fan installed. They seem very professional and everything has been great dealing with them.

Conroy from Calgary

I am a general contractor who often uses the expertise of R.B Electric. He does good work and we have used him to do a lot of the electrical work in the condos we built. He offers a good warranty for his work. His costs are very reasonable and we keep using him.

It is always a pleasure to see that a job can be finished because of something I have done to get the project moving forward, I continue to try to do my best to efficiently tackle any task.

Stan from Calgary

He was referred to me. It was a very good experience. There was great communication between me and him. He was professional and prompt. They answer their calls quickly. He works quickly and efficiently . The inspection passed with flying colors.

I believe communication is key for any project no matter what trade you are in, there is an order of operations and those need to be followed so a project can continue without backtracking, I do my best to follow the electrical code because in the end an inspection must pass.

Carolyn from Calgary

Sometime ago I had a major renovation , I wish I had known about Ron then. The electrician I used was not, in the least, helpful and willing to come up with solutions as Ron is. When Ron arrived he fixed things, and was able to complete requests that the previous electrician would not help with. He came up with creative and tasteful recommendations the under counter lights, pot lights etc. His pricing was competitive. Service has been outstanding, Ron and his team are friendly and efficient.

I always find it great when a customer is satisfied, I don't like to leave a job I have done without the customer being happy with the work. When I run into projects like this one it brings out my creativity and gives me a chance to prove that I can come up with some pretty neat stuff while doing as little damage as possible.

Mark from DHL MECHANICAL

I have used Ron and his company for several jobs, mostly residential work but some commercial as well. He has a good staff and they are all reliable. He might be late but will always follow through. If he said he will be there, he will be there. He is honest, one time he felt that the job was a little specialized and he referred me to someone who is well trained in that field. So many others might take on the job and not provide adequate service. I appreciate that honesty.

I do my best to be on time, this day and age lots of people need work done and I try to do as much as I can but sometimes things take longer than expected and I appreciate when people are patient, I will be there and get the job done but sometimes it takes me a little longer to get there. All said I continue to take on as much as I think I can handle and if something seems that it may be out of my expertise I will do my best to refer whoever I think can handle the task because I do have a lot of connections and it helps others to continue moving forward with their projects.

More about RB'S ELECTRIC

RB Electric of Calgary, AB provides homeowners renovating their older homes or building newer homes electrical maintenance, repair, and installation services. Installing electrical outlets, lights, fans, and upgrades of wiring. Our highly trained Electricians are knowledgable, professional, and focused on customer service.