Reviews for Hills & Valley Water Systems

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Water filtration system products and installation

I have high standards for service done on my home and Errol completely exceeded all expectations. He was polite, professional, very clean, and extremely knowledgeable in his trade. After purchasing a new home, I had an Iron/Sulphur Filter installed, UV sterilization system, as well as an Reverse Osmosis Filter. During the process of installation, Errol was able to identify mistakes in the set up of the prior owners water softener, such as improper size tubing, material of tubing, and drainage location. For example: 50psi tubing was used for something that requires 100psi tubing, and the short drainage tube, for some reason, went back into my well -- the makings of a potential basement flood. He had all the materials on hand to correct the prior issue in a timely manner. He was also able to recommend how to sanitize my hot water tank to remove the sulphur producing bacteria that may be there as a result of the prior system, and reprogram my previously incorrectly programmed water softener. I absolutely recommend Errol's services as finding someone this knowledgeable in their trade can be a rarity. Thanks again for the great service!

It's a pleasure to get your water treatment up and running as it should. We are at your service! Enjoy your new digital system!

Laurel in Ottawa
Laurel in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Commercial Water System in Residential Home

I purchased my new old house in October 2017 and the water taste was poor, but we just drank bottled water instead. Suddenly, in early August 2018 we had a serious mechanical system failure that required several experts assessing what could be done to correct the problem. Shockingly, we received the same story from all of them, that the existing system was not, and never had been adequate for the severity of our well water quality. We have extremely high hardness and salt content to name a few. None of the experts could handle the scope of the work required leaving us panicked. We found Hills and Valley through HomeStars and discovered that they could actually take care of all the required aspects of replacing my old water system with a new system that would not only allow us to drink our water, but save the pipes from further corrosion throughout our house. The hard to hear news was that we would require a commercial grade system to make this happen. Added to the complex installation of all the required pieces of the new system, was the small room in which everything had to fit. Errol Judd was very professional throughout the process, from the assessment to the planning, and had to actually re-plan the system fit multiple times during the installation for a proper fit. We had trouble with one of the cisterns, and a delay ensued while Errol sourced another tank, yet throughout our suffering as a family of five, we had Errol at our back reassuring us that it was going to come together perfectly. And it did. We can't thank you enough Errol, and with a system containing three pumps, two UV lights, a 160 gallon cistern and numerous other tanks and machines and valves, you have still managed to leave us with a system that has enough simplicity, that it makes sense, even to me (mom). You even rebuilt all the existing plumbing lines to work more efficiently. You and your team are superstars. The continued hand-holding is greatly appreciated and we are thankful to you for rescuing us from a horrible situation. We wish you and your company continued success.

It was our pleasure to solve your complex water issues. Your digital solution is on the cutting edge of industry technology and is well equipped to serve your needs for years to come. Welcome to Hills & Valley!

Kristina
Kristina
1 review Winchester, ON

Water treatment system update

K2S 0C8

Errol, I can't thank you enough! They say timing is everything and I believe that it definitely was the case this time. You found a solution to my current water situation and went above and beyond to make sure that it was installed properly. Your knowledge of the products and belief in doing the job right reassured me that I was going to be getting quality service. I am truly grateful!

It was our pleasure. We're glad your pleased. Your water treatment solution is a quality system that will serve you well for years to come. Enjoy!!

Rick
Rick
2 reviews , ON

Install new pump, water softener, and sulphur/iron filter

K2S 0C8

I have always had very hard well water but in the last year staining from iron appeared and a sulphur smell, also the water was turning grey. Errol came out and tested my water and gave me his recommendations and a price. He completed the job when he said he would and at the agreed price. It's been a month now since installation and I can say that I am happy with the results. This was an excellent business transaction and I would definitely recommend him to others.

Richard Pinard

Providing effective solutions is our goal. Enjoy your digital solution from Hills & Valley, it will function within the highest standards.

Very satisfied customer in Goulbourn
Very satisfied customer in Goulbourn
1 review Ottawa, ON

Very satisfied customer

K2S 0C8

We built our retirement home 5 years ago and my wife has been complaining about the water since day 1 with reason, the water system that our sub-contractor installed was outdated and not up to the task. After calling many companies, we got in touch with Errol at Hills and Valley Water Systems. Errol came over the very next day to give us a quote for a new system. He immediately inspired confidence compared to the other companies. After he installed a commercial R/O system, my wife has been thanking me every day. We are extremely impressed and pleased with the results. Highly recommended.
Mike and Louise

It was our pleasure to resolve your water issues. We're confident you'll enjoy the unparalleled performance of your digital water treatment solution from Hills & Valley Water Systems.

Water Purification for our Boat.

I met Errol Judd through boating and soon became aware he was in the business of water treatment. I asked if he had ever designed a system for a Motor

Yacht. He said no but advised it would be easy and very similar to a cottage system with with some constraints as to space and power.
He inspected my 501 Chris Craft asked some questions with regards to consumption and storage and said he'd get back to me.
When Errol called back he advised that he and his supplier had designed a water treatment system that would suit my needs at what l
considered to be a very reasonable price compared to what I had previously been quoted.
The system was installed and we have been enjoying perfect water since July 2017.

Our entire boat has filtered and UV light protected water. Errol recommended a Reverse Osmosis filter for our galley which we also had installed. It's true

what you read about the taste of Coffee, Tea and food prepared with Reverse Osmosis Water.

My First Mate is quite the worry wort and has been having our water tested almost weekly with consistent 0% 0% readings. It's worth noting that the same

tests from our on board tank came back not suitable for drinking.

Now with our Hills & Valley Motor Yacht water treatment system we never have to worry about water quality regardless of where we hook up to dock water or fill our tank as all of our water goes though our fillers and UV light.

NO more plastic water bottles! Our water tastes better!

We can use our AC or DC water pump which is great for when we are on "on the hook".

Our U V light is powered by our inverter and consumes very little power. This ensures that even when connecting or disconnecting power or using the

generator, Our UV light is always protecting our water.

We are liveaboard boaters even through one of Ontario coldest winters, (2018) and because of our Hills and Valley water treatment system drawing from the lake water below us, we have solved one of a live aboard boaters biggest dilemmas. How to get water in the winter time.

Thanks Errol

Your Next mission should you choose to accept it is a Desalination System for when we go south!

Aren & Vic of "No Fixed Address"

Glad your enjoying your H&V Marine Water Treatment Solution. It will serve your needs for many years to come. It was our pleasure to design a system that meets your needs. We certainly can help you when you go south! Hills & Valley is diversified into many sectors when it comes to water treatment and purification. Our Marine dept is our newest. Welcome to the Hills & Valley family!

Paul in Ottawa
Paul in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Well water problems solved!

We bought a home on well and septic in Manotick 2 years ago. I never liked the iron taste or sulphur smell that came with it. White clothing would get rust stains and the tiles always needed scrubbing with septic safe products. This was real chore.

The final straw was the constant noise from water hammer anytime water was running. I called in Hills and Valley based on the solid reviews here. Errol was able to quickly diagnose the cause of the water hammer being a blown pressure tank bladder. He was instantly able to list all the issues we'd been having and confirmed this by seeing the rust in the toilet cistern.

Errol recommended a solution that would eliminate the iron and sulphur and properly condition the water. He gave a quote in minutes and was accommodating with the timing of installation as we had guests coming for Christmas. He worked until 7pm to get the job done. He even called the morning after to make sure we were happy.

The water now has no odor, the iron is gone and the missus is smiling now that we can wear whites again without rust stains.

I would absolutely recommend Hills and Valley. Errol, you rock!

We're very happy you're pleased with your new digital system! Christmas time is a busy time of year with family etc, we understand your need for good clean water. We were happy to help. Enjoy!

Mike from Ottawa
Mike from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Service

K2S 0C8

I am fairly new to the area and have been very lucky finding great contractors. When we bought the house, we knew the water softener should be serviced and called Hilks and Valley Water Systems. Errol came out to do the service and he was fantastic, reminded me of the friendly and reliable people I knew from the East Coast. Knowing I should soon replace the water pressure tank, I had him come back today. The work was done very well; again I was impressed with Errol and I highly recommend Hills and Valley for your well related needs. Errol is a great guy and their prices are very reasonable but more importantly, I trusted them to do the work at a high standard and they always meet or exceed my expectations. One day I will require a new pump and they will be the company I hire to do the work. Thanks for all your work Errol.

Thanks for the kind words Mike. We strive to serve our customers well. Good service and good equipment are our recipe! Welcome to Hills & Valley!!

Private User reviews , ON

water system

K2S 0C8

We were very impressed with the installation. The service worker was on time and very efficient. We were quoted 1 day installation and that's what we received. Extremely happy overall !

We aim to please. Glad your happy with your installation.

Becky  in Perth
Becky in Perth
1 review Perth, ON

Water System

K2S 0C8

After dealing with bad water for a few years, Errol came to our home and tested everything right there and was able to tell us that our current system was under sized and one unit was not even functioning.
We ended up going with a whole new system properly sized with the right units needed.
Chlorine injection
Iron ans sulfur
Tannin unit
Softener unit
We noticed a difference right away, no longer staining our clothes and fixtures orange.

Errol is very knowledgeable and able to answer all our questions
Very happy with the system

Sizing water treatment equipment appropriately to the water issues is critical to a successful solution. At Hills & Valley we are proficient in proper sizing as well as methodologies required to design a custom digital solution for our clients. Enjoy your digital solution from H&V! It was our pleasure to work for you.

More about Hills & Valley Water Systems

Enjoy the highest grade in technology, reliability & durability with Water Treatment equipment from Hills & Valley Water Systems. Not only does our equipment offer highest in efficiency standards and reliability, but we offer competitive pricing.

Our staff brings 21 years of experience in solution implementation & design; we are always up to date with current water treatment methodologies and practices in conformance with the highest standards. Hills & Valley Water Systems is a water treatment company experienced in residential, commercial and industrial water solutions. H & V Water Systems is experienced in treating both rural well and municipal water problems.

Hills & Valley Water Systems is a licensed well contractor with the Ministry of Environment and has M.O.E. licensed well technicians on staff. Our proficiency in pump sizing & installation benefits the end users water quality because H & V Water Systems understands the critical requirements of water treatment from the pump & pressure system.

H & V Water Systems is equipped to assist you with all of your water needs. There is no water quality issue we cannot solve.