Hills & Valley Water Systems

Colleen
Colleen
2 reviews Russell, ON

Water treatment

We found Errol online by looking up well water specialist in my area and we are so thankful we found his company Hills and Valley water systems. I want to provide some background first: We purchased our home 3 years ago and even after doing the required water tests for well water prior to purchasing our home we didn't realize that even though the water is potable it still wasn't good to drink or cook with until we moved in. After time went by and having other water companies in we realized our water was bad, really bad and no one could provide us with a full fix. The color of the water is yellow, with a slight smell - more of an iron smell than sulfur and we always had to worn people that our water color was yellow and not to drink it as it was quite salty and to which we couldn't cook with it either. Over time we got frustrated as clothes were starting to get ruined with orange stains that I couldn't get out because we couldn't use any bleach products or oxiclean ect. in the wash or even to clean our washrooms as it would stain everything.

Errol came and did multiple water tests explaining everything in detail as he was doing it and we found out we have whats called Brackish water - caused by our well's fresh water mixing with the sea water that once was our land years and years ago and the water is high in tannin. This is what was causing the yellow water and why it was not only ruining our fixtures it was corroding the faucets and clogging the faucet screens with orange sludge over time with build up behind the screens of the faucets affecting the water pressure as well. Errol needed to install a water softener, Sulphur/Iron remover, Tannin remover, RO system (reverse osmosis) with ultraviolet disinfection and a 300 gallon holding tank. We were quite shocked at not only what was required to fix our water but the cost to fix it totally shocked us! However Errol explained that because our water was that bad it wouldn't be fixed with a residential system as we needed a Commercial grade system to be able to handle the on demand water usage as it takes time to remove tannin and and the go through the RO system we wouldn't get enough water. After much deliberation we decided we needed to fix our water we had no choice we just had to, so we went ahead with it. One month later we are so very happy we did and have no regrets at all, we have crystal clear water, we can use it to cook, and it isn't just drinkable it is better than bottle water! Doing laundry now isn't scary, things come out so clean, and whites are actually white, and no more stains!
Thank you Errol for fixing our water and being the expert that you are in your field! we are so thankful

Your very welcome! It's our pleasure to help you with your complex water issues. Enjoy your crystal clear water!!!

Lyall
Lyall
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

the correction of a difficult water issue

Our water problem has been a costly, difficult issue for us since we moved into our house UNTIL we had the good fortune to find Errol. From our first meeting he presented us with reasonable solutions @ a reasonable cost, in addition, being prompt in his response to us whenever we had a problem, on the road to getting to the final solution. Given where we had been, we were so relieved to have found a person

We take pride in our expertise and our work. It's been a pleasure working with you.

Liz a.
Liz a.
1 review Ottawa, ON

The works. Water treatment system including: sulphur iron reducer, water softener, reverse osmosis system and UV filter, well pump and pressure tank

Errol was beyond exceptional to work with. We had a lot of unexpected problems arise that Errol either discovered for us, or helped us to fix, in a very kind and considerate manner. Not only was his work impeccable, he was wonderful to work with and we bonded over a mutual nerdy interests. We have already recommended him to others, and will continue to do so.

It's our pleasure to have worked with you. Ensuring the job is done right, is our top priority. Enjoy your new digital system. It will serve you well.

srussocontracting
srussocontracting
1 review Ottawa, ON

Water softening equipment/pressure tank

I have been dealing with Hills and Valley for many years now spread over numerous projects. They have always been very professional and the workmanship and knowledge is second to none. I have enjoyed working with them and look forward using them on my future projects.

It's a pleasure working with you. We strive to continue to exceed your expectations.

krownmidland
krownmidland
1 review , ON

Water filtration system

They put in a new water pump and pressure tank along with a complete digital water filtration system and softener. The work was completed on time and in a very professional manner .

Enjoy the unparalleled performance of your new digital filtration and pressure system. It will serve your operation well.

Dsmith96
Dsmith96
1 review Russell, ON

Sulfur and iron bacteria in water

I am a 22 year old first time home buyer. I bought my house just outside the village of Russell where I am on a well.
After purchasing the home, I needed to find a company that could take care of some issues with the water quality and sulphur smell.
First I contacted a well known water company in the city of Ottawa who promised me they could take care of everything and I would have no worries. I was with this company for over a year. In that year I had numerous headaches and constant problems. I had to book time off work
due to their incompetent work and their machines kept clogging and I had peroxide level issues. I kept getting the run around and they didn’t seem to know how to resolve the problems. They tried different equipment and said maybe we will try this, then maybe we will try that and nothing seemed to help! In fact, it got worse!
I have since learned that the peroxide was a huge issue in the amount of sulfur water I have. I was shocked that so called “water technicians” from this other company would recommend this for my needs.
I began to believe I was having so much hassle due to my young age. I felt I was getting taken advantage of. So eventually I started looking else where for a solution to my water problems.
I contacted Hills and Valley Water and they came out to the house and tested the water. Immediately he made recommendations on the type of machine required to resolve my problems. He explained in great detail on how this system works compared to the other systems that the other company put in my house.
I had the new system installed and within a couple minutes the problems were gone !
I have to say I am very pleased with such great water quality! And such clean work ! I appreciated the time they took to explain how the system works and install neatley without mess!
I would highly recommend Hills and Valley water! When they are on the job there’s nothing to worry about!

We specialize in problem water solutions and our advanced digital systems couple the latest technology in filtration to treat in the most efficient thorough manner. It was a pleasure working with you. Enjoy your new digital solution. It will serve you well.

t.gault
t.gault
1 review Smiths Falls, ON

Install water softener systems and pressure tank

Very accomodating and helpful. When they did the work . Very efficient. Great job . Definitely will call them again

Our pleasure. Enjoy your new Digital system!

Water filtration system products and installation

I have high standards for service done on my home and Errol completely exceeded all expectations. He was polite, professional, very clean, and extremely knowledgeable in his trade. After purchasing a new home, I had an Iron/Sulphur Filter installed, UV sterilization system, as well as an Reverse Osmosis Filter. During the process of installation, Errol was able to identify mistakes in the set up of the prior owners water softener, such as improper size tubing, material of tubing, and drainage location. For example: 50psi tubing was used for something that requires 100psi tubing, and the short drainage tube, for some reason, went back into my well -- the makings of a potential basement flood. He had all the materials on hand to correct the prior issue in a timely manner. He was also able to recommend how to sanitize my hot water tank to remove the sulphur producing bacteria that may be there as a result of the prior system, and reprogram my previously incorrectly programmed water softener. I absolutely recommend Errol's services as finding someone this knowledgeable in their trade can be a rarity. Thanks again for the great service!

It's a pleasure to get your water treatment up and running as it should. We are at your service! Enjoy your new digital system!

Laurel in Ottawa
Laurel in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Commercial Water System in Residential Home

I purchased my new old house in October 2017 and the water taste was poor, but we just drank bottled water instead. Suddenly, in early August 2018 we had a serious mechanical system failure that required several experts assessing what could be done to correct the problem. Shockingly, we received the same story from all of them, that the existing system was not, and never had been adequate for the severity of our well water quality. We have extremely high hardness and salt content to name a few. None of the experts could handle the scope of the work required leaving us panicked. We found Hills and Valley through HomeStars and discovered that they could actually take care of all the required aspects of replacing my old water system with a new system that would not only allow us to drink our water, but save the pipes from further corrosion throughout our house. The hard to hear news was that we would require a commercial grade system to make this happen. Added to the complex installation of all the required pieces of the new system, was the small room in which everything had to fit. Errol Judd was very professional throughout the process, from the assessment to the planning, and had to actually re-plan the system fit multiple times during the installation for a proper fit. We had trouble with one of the cisterns, and a delay ensued while Errol sourced another tank, yet throughout our suffering as a family of five, we had Errol at our back reassuring us that it was going to come together perfectly. And it did. We can't thank you enough Errol, and with a system containing three pumps, two UV lights, a 160 gallon cistern and numerous other tanks and machines and valves, you have still managed to leave us with a system that has enough simplicity, that it makes sense, even to me (mom). You even rebuilt all the existing plumbing lines to work more efficiently. You and your team are superstars. The continued hand-holding is greatly appreciated and we are thankful to you for rescuing us from a horrible situation. We wish you and your company continued success.

It was our pleasure to solve your complex water issues. Your digital solution is on the cutting edge of industry technology and is well equipped to serve your needs for years to come. Welcome to Hills & Valley!

Kristina
Kristina
1 review Winchester, ON

Water treatment system update

Errol, I can't thank you enough! They say timing is everything and I believe that it definitely was the case this time. You found a solution to my current water situation and went above and beyond to make sure that it was installed properly. Your knowledge of the products and belief in doing the job right reassured me that I was going to be getting quality service. I am truly grateful!

It was our pleasure. We're glad your pleased. Your water treatment solution is a quality system that will serve you well for years to come. Enjoy!!

More about Hills & Valley Water Systems

Enjoy the highest grade in technology, reliability & durability with Water Treatment equipment from Hills & Valley Water Systems. Not only does our equipment offer highest in efficiency standards and reliability, but we offer competitive pricing.

Our staff brings 21 years of experience in solution implementation & design; we are always up to date with current water treatment methodologies and practices in conformance with the highest standards. Hills & Valley Water Systems is a water treatment company experienced in residential, commercial and industrial water solutions. H & V Water Systems is experienced in treating both rural well and municipal water problems.

Hills & Valley Water Systems is a licensed well contractor with the Ministry of Environment and has M.O.E. licensed well technicians on staff. Our proficiency in pump sizing & installation benefits the end users water quality because H & V Water Systems understands the critical requirements of water treatment from the pump & pressure system.

H & V Water Systems is equipped to assist you with all of your water needs. There is no water quality issue we cannot solve.