Decks
Richmond Hill ON L4C
Decks

Reviews for The Post Hole Diggers

Basketball pole

This company was great to work with. Booking was made quickly by phone and email. They were very organized with preparing me with what I needed prior to the job. Mike and crew were very friendly, came on time, and did the job exactly as requested at the agreed price.

I highly recommend this company and their service.

Thank you very much for your positive review. Hope you and your kids enjoy playing basketball for many years to come. Mike and the PostHole Diggers

pppp in Vaughan
pppp in Vaughan

Post Review

I was glad, to find someone, to dig my post's. The receptionist, who took my order, was great. She agreed to dig 4 feet deep. But when the guys, came to do the work, they where unprofessional, he didn't want to dig 4 feet deep. he checked his phone, and the receptionist at head office, texted him to dig 4 feet deep. They left the dirt, from the holes, all over my neighbors property. When i asked, if they would clean up, after them self's, I got a rude NO. They never even gave me, a receipt. I will not be using this company again.

Beware of these guys

They dug 2 holes then said a diamond tip auger would be needed to finish the job because there was rock and shale and the cost would be an additional $100 per hole plus the original $40 quoted per hole! I spoke with neighbors that had posts dug recently and they did not have any issues. I had another company come in and they did a great job with no issues and for the original quoted price. Beware!!!!

Lori in Toronto
Lori in Toronto

Post installation

The service leading up to the installation was fantastic. Paulina was patient and answered all of my questions. On the day of the install the posts were installed quickly and efficiently. However, the professionalism of the crew left something to be desired. They showed up and were smoking in my yard throughout the entire install, the main worker was condescending to me until my husband arrived, then he was ok. They destroyed my rose bush without consulting me or letting me know afterwards. They also walked all over the fence boards I am putting back up, breaking some that I will now have to replace after I had told them I was reusing them. All in all the job was completed on time, and on budget and the quality was good.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Posthole excavation and sets

Let me start off by saying that I have been installing fences for close to 20 years.
Everything was very professional until I was alerted to the fact that my 12-foot posts were going to cost $10 more per post than a 10-foot post of the same size to install. Even though the length of the post going into the ground would be exactly the same. Couple this with the fact that I carried all of the wood into the appropriate backyard ahead of time.

I also saw one of the workers come out to the company truck on more than one occasion and urinate on the street.

Due to the logistic and personal issues that these guys have..... I will go somewhere else next time for my posts being set.

Thank you for your feedback and my apologies that you were not satisfied with the service we provided. Unfortunately, we do have a set price list and our prices are carefully calculated based on the average time the jobs take and working with 12' posts does take longer which is the reason for the higher price. As all of our customers are told, if they are not comfortable with any price changes when the contractor is onsite they can refuse the job with no penalty. We are also very upfront when we provide our estimates that the price is for 10' posts and if you had told us you would be using 12' posts we would have gladly told you the price. However, we do thank you for your feedback, and we will definitely use it to work out ways of improving our service for the future.

Javier in Ajax
Javier in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Great job, competent, efficient, pleasant

They arrived early, they left quickly, they were friendly, the foreman helped me with the planning and placing of the post locations. They are respectful, competent, careful and they know their stuff. Very satisfied with this company and I'd use them again.
Javier

Thank you Javier. It was a pleasure. We're glad that we could help you with your project.

Michael Ellis in Oakville
Michael Ellis in Oakville

As planned, on time on budget, great people and quality work

Needed 12' 6x6 posts in mounted concrete in difficult ground. Staff were complete professionals arrived as planned, great work, careful with peripheral landscaping. Cleaned up everything. Only complaint is they are so good they are very busy and had to wait a few weeks for their next available date.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for the kind works! We always do our best to make sure our customers are happy from start to finish! Sorry we made you wait a couple weeks, but we are glad that other than that everything went exactly how you wants.
It was also great working with you, if you need anything from us in the future please let us know.

Chris from Etobicoke
Chris from Etobicoke

Post holes delayed one week, short notice cancellations

Took a vacation day to be around when the post holes were supposed to be dug. Received a call the day before at 4pm to cancel. Rescheduled to the next week, received a call at 2pm the day before to cancel.
I, like most people, can’t just cancel a vacation day last minute and show up at work as the shift has been covered.
The 3rd cancellation was due to weather, which is out of their control.
I was expecting a call today again to cancel but they actually showed up. Work done was fine, however, other companies I have used in the past were more reliable. I chose Post Hole Digges as they were available sooner than the competition, though with the delays, it wouldn’t have mattered.

Hi Chris,
I'm sorry that the job had to be postponed a couple of times. However, I do want to remind you that we were ready to come out to do the job and had a crew on their way to you and when they called you you told them that you weren't ready and that you needed to reschedule the appointment. Unfortunately because our schedule is full for at least two weeks ahead it is difficult to squeeze in a reschedule but we did make every effort to do so and the job was done that same week because of our efforts to get you booked in. I'm sorry that the delays happened and that it postponed your job, however, I am glad that you were satisfied with the quality of the work that was done. In the end I believe that is is the quality of our work and our commitment to our customers that sets us apart from the other companies out there.

Handy in Mississauga
Handy in Mississauga

Great service friendly staff

Needed 10holes with cement for a deck. I normally would do this but price was great and all holes lined up perfectly they wheeled the cement down a slight hill to the back of house. No mess as they cleaned everything up.

Hi there,

Thank you for the kind words. We always want to try to make sure the job is done well so it makes it easier for you. I'm glad you were happy with the experience you had with us and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

If you need anything in the future just let us know.

Best wishes,

Post Holes

Thank you very much to the Post Hole Diggers! I am very pleased with the work they did on my fence. The head office was well organized. Everything went as planned. Despite the large number of job requests, they sent a contractor the day that was booked. I also received a call from the contractor to confirm the time of his arrival. The contractor and his team did an excellent job. They made holes with a very powerful machine and also with hand tools on more sloppy areas. The new poles are now deep in the ground and nicely aligned. I am relieved because my fence will hold for many winters to come. I can highly recommend this company to anyone.

Thank you for your your kind words. You are more than welcome. We want to make sure our customer get the job done right the first time! It was great working with you, if you need anything in the future we will be here!

Best wishes,

More about The Post Hole Diggers

We have been in the post hole digging industry for over 15 years. The Post Hole Diggers prides itself on its integrity, dependability and high quality workmanship. We value our customers satisfaction above all else and strive to deliver on what we promise. Our staff is professional, well trained, and eager to help and strongly believe that no job is too big, too small, or too hard as they always say If there is a will there is a way!!

We have managed over our 15 years in the business to build a reputation for our quality work and our professionalism which has given rise to large contracts with many contractors, construction companies and land developers. We are proud to say that our work speaks for itself and we get many happy repeat customers and referrals for it. We know you will be satisfied with us. Feel free to browse our testimonials for some feedback and reviews.

When working with us, you, the client, can be at ease knowing that we are fully insured for all aspects of the work (from liability to WSIB) and you bear no responsibility should something go wrong. However, we are proud to say that in 15 years we have never had to make any claims for any work related accidents. We always make sure to take all the necessary safety precautions to ensure a safe work environment for our clients and for our employees.