Gus's Kitchen And Bath

gblais4 in Richmond Hill
gblais4 in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Horrible customer service

I purchased in excess of $6000 in bathroom equipment (tub, shower, vanity, faucets, etc). During the buying phase they stressed customer service. I needed to return to the store a number of times as the shower pan was not the right one, nor was the hardware, as well as two other changes. Finally, when the plumber tried to install the sink drain, it broke in his hands. When I returnrd it, I politely asked to be reimbursed $100 for the frequent return trips and the fact that I was pulled off the golf course after 3 holes by the plumber to return the part or pay a second service call. The owner blamed the plumber and I, and stated that my request was unreasonable. When I stated that my review would not be favourable his response was “Fine buddy! Your drain just cost you $35 plus tax, banging the article on the counter and walked away. Biggest overreaction ever. I was going to use them to remodel my kitchen but that ship has definitely sailed!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Very satisfied

i Purchase 3 full washrooms and the product where the best I seen in the city. Great pricing and very knowledgeable staff. I would highly recommend Gus’s kitchen and bath

frank in Ottawa
frank in Ottawa

kitchen renovation project

I purchased my Solid wood kitchen cabinets from Gus's Kitchen and bath. There solid wood kitchens where some of the nicest i had seen well shopping around and the product construction quality was superior to all others i had seen. I had a very good experience will this company and would recommend them anyone that asks.

Michelle in Mississippi Mills
Michelle in Mississippi Mills
3 reviews Pakenham, ON

Shame on You

We purchased a $1800 vanity from this place in July 2016 and it was available for pick-up in August 2016. We had it professionally installed by contractors who were completely redoing 2 bathrooms in a new home we had recently purchased.

By March the unit began showing severe cracks. I sent a letter to Gus's asking if they would replace the unit or, come and get it and reimburse me. Keep in mind that we had this professionally installed so now we are looking the cost of having an electrician and plumber return to uninstall the old one and install a new one.

This is the response I received from Gus's head office.

" Solid Wood Vanities and Wood Hutches are not covered under Warranty. This would be caused by the humidity levels in the house.

Our cost on a hutch is $495.00 and we can sell you a new hutch at cost as an option or I would suggest for a fast and easier fix then purchasing a new hutch, is to use wood filler to fill the cracks and use a touch up espresso paint or pencil.

let me know if you have any other questions.

john

Imagine! They had the audacity to suggest we come back and pay them more money for a unit that had already proven itself faulty and lasted mere months.

Also, we knew it had nothing to do with the humidity because we also had a new humidifier installed when we moved in and the humidity in our home sits at 40-50% depending upon the season. Oddly enough, it seems this was the only piece of furniture affected.

To say that we are not happy is an understatement. We now have a beautiful master bath with a "new" vanity cracked in several, very obvious places.

Please, please DO NOT spend your money at this store. Since we have had this problem we have heard from many others who have had similar experiences.

For the record, we are still considering small claims court.

Update: September 13, 2017 - We have lodged a complaint with the BBB which can be viewed on their website. It appears this issue will not be resolved without legal intervention.

ingrid in Kingston
ingrid in Kingston

Replacement of 2 guest room(s) toilets

While renovating two guest bathrooms, I purchased toilets from Gus'. The first one, double cyclone, worked well for 1 year then made continuous water leaking sounds. The latest one, triple cyclone, does not flush properly and it is necessary to use a toilet brush after each use. The staff at Carlingwood store were not helpful in the least and, even after multiple trips to the store, left us with unresolved problems. We were told there was a one year warranty - other brands offer 5 yrs. Parts to address the problem were not available and we had to do our own purchase. I will NEVER purchase another item from Gus'.

Janet Longfield in Toronto
Janet Longfield in Toronto

GREAT PRICING & SERVICE

My husband and I are all about DIY , we purchase our vanity+granite countetop , shower and toilet for our guest bathroom as well as faucets. My hubby damaged one the faucets during the installation, we went back to the store and where up front with them. They replaced the damaged part at no charge and with no hassle, and while we where in there we got to rub elbows with Ottawa's "A" list
Dion Phaneuf and Elisha Cuthbert who where in there purchasing products for there home reno!! FYI Dion is definitely hotter in person !! GO SENS GO!!!

JD in Hamilton
JD in Hamilton
1 review Ottawa, ON

2 complete washrooms and 1 fabulous countertop!

Me and my partner chose Gus's kitchen and bath to purchase our products for two bathrooms and granite countertop. They went above and beyond to assist us in selecting the correct products for renovations. All the products of been installed and look fantastic. Thanks John so much for your help! We wish you all the Best!

Jxr in Toronto
Jxr in Toronto
1 review Peterborough, ON

Reno Job - Supplies

The difference with this place and say a main name brand renovation company or one of the others, is: If you have a problem with a product, a main name brand renovation depot returns it hassle free. These guys argue and give you a hard time ruining the experience. They must buy bulk and get stuck with off shore products. Anyway customer service is not good.

Erica from Whitby
Erica from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Bathroom Vanity

I bought a bathroom vanity as well as a low flush toilet and seat from Gus Kitchen and Bath in their Whitby location. They have the BEST selection of vanity styles whether your looking for modern, traditional or antique styles.
I cannot say enough good things about Jamie and his teammates, especially Andrew. These guys really pay attention to Customer satisfaction. They made sure that we were 100% satisfied with our purchase. I will recommend Gus Kitchen and Bath to anyone looking for terrific product and great service.