We recently had our basement developed by Prime Developments and what was supposed to be an exciting time quickly turned into a something we'd like to forget.
There's so much to say went wrong in the process that I don't think there's enough room on here to detail everything but let me provide some lowlights.
1. We had a lockbox placed for trades to access, but we put a stop to that once we discovered a tradesperson took the key home for the night - Prime assured us that it was never compromised - who would really risk that, so we had to re-key our entire house that evening
2. Paint - Lost track of how many coats the painters put on, even got to the point they were watering down the paint - eventually the painters were replaced but we still cringe looking at the paint job as it looks terrible - suspect we'll need to repaint ourselves in the spring
3. Bathroom Shower Tile - Terrible installation but we had to point it out not Prime - that was eventually ripped out an replaced
4. Drywall - A job that was planned or 1 week (according to there online schedule) took 3 weeks - every excuse in the book why it wasn't done sooner
5. Painters - Forgot to mention that they used our kitchen like it was there own - They didn't know what to say when we found them hanging out inn the kitchen using the microwave - no issue but perhaps ask first
6. So called 5 year Guarantee - Going on just over 2 months and we're still waiting to see the details of what that guarantee is - if a business has been around for a while you would think they could provide that when asked?
7. Selections - The cheapest they could find I guess, we were told they would match what we have in our house now, but that never happened.
8. Drywallers - How could I forget, locks himself out of the house and then forces open a basement window to get back in - who does that
9. Completion Time - Projected started Sept 8th and was to be completed Nov 8th +/- a week - project was completed end of November and we still had to wait until Jan to get someone back in to refinish the shower base - for the 2nd time.
Overall a bad experience, from our perspective they align themselves with trades that do less than quality work and it shows.
I'm sure there's things I've missed but I'm trying to block out as much as I can.
- Company Response
We are saddened and confused by your comments. There were a few issues with your job and yes some of them were outside the realm of normal construction but they all were resolved right away to give you a great finished product at no additional expense to you.
We would gladly speak to you at anytime to help resolve any outstanding matters that there might be. The only point I would like to address is the security of your property. Dave at no time was the safety of your family in jeopardy. The trades person did take the key home with them as per human nature after they locked your door they put the key in their pocket , it was an unfortunate event and nothing more. We were informed right away and passed the on information. Had you mentioned your fear we would have resolved the issue that night.
Again we do appreciate your feedback and will have already made changes based on your comments.