Complete Exteriors

Reviews for Complete Exteriors

Gus in Toronto
Gus in Toronto

New home Reno

I hired Bruce and his team to install new flooring in a new property I had purchased. After providing a deposit to book the date of the work, Bruce’s team was fast and efficient and produced excellent work. When challenges came - Bruce took care of it and I had no worries. I would recommend Bruce and his team to anyone.

Gus.

Siding, etc.

Just. Don't.

Apparently I am required to use at least 30 words for this review, but other recent past customers of Bruce's have been threatened in here for saying stuff very similar to what I would say. I could write a lengthy magazine article about the whole 11-month experience of having made the mistake of hiring Bruce, but I don't particularly want the aggro of a threatening lawsuit, on top of the money he hasn't refunded (he disputes it but cannot / will not substantiate the basis for his arriving at different figures), or the work he never completed. I am counting my blessings that I never expect to hear from him again, and I sympathize with the people he has hired (including family members) who mostly do good work. I can't imagine having their company's reputation and livelihood ruined because of us customers who cannot in good conscience recommend hiring this company. I would like to believe that Bruce will acknowledge to himself that he is every homeowner's worst nightmare, and will instead consider retiring rather than trying to justify his failures as a contractor to an ever-growing number of dissatisfied former customers on here, and threatening them to boot. But I don't really believe that'll happen, will it, Bruce?

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

Absolute nightmare to deal with - ongoing 1 year

Sadly we made the mistake of dealing with Bruce and his company, Complete Exteriors. We have had to deal with his mistruths and deceptions and fraudulent work.

Originally did a job on our siding where they didn’t not properly wrap house. We discovered water leaking into house and had another of his crews come inspect and to our worst fears. The entire job was a patch job, didn’t use wrap, correct amount of nails.

Worst is that he removed siding and is claiming he can’t afford to put up new siding. We are now stuck taking legal action

Do yourself a favour and avoid this man and his terrible business, if you have to pay more or wait for someone else, it will be worth your time

Please contact me if you want any further clarification on how bad this man and his business are.

Kitchen Reno

Love the new kitchen. The team was easy to deal with. Took a deposit and everything was completed in time. Looking forward to starting the bathroom project soon with these guys.

John Volpe from Toronto
John Volpe from Toronto

Took a deposit 11 months ago, did nothing, still has 30% and now does not respond to messages

Got Bruce’s name from HomeStars and had him come by the house in July 2018 for a quote. Seemed like a good guy, knowledgeable and had a good rating on the site so I decided to go with him. Stated he needed a 50% deposit so that he could make arrangements with his supplier who he was visiting down east the next month. Some time passed and we were in pretty regular contact regarding the job and how we should proceed. As it got close to his departure communication from his end became more frequent as he pressed me for the $6000 deposit. I happily obliged sending 2 deposits over the course of 2 days. Apart from acknowledging the deposits communication immediately dropped off. Over the next few months the only conversations we had came after me chasing him down. They followed a similar path, I’ll drop off samples (never did) I’ll be in touch ( never did) and I’m a good guy and wouldn’t rip you off it’s your money (not what good guys do, it seems you would and I still don’t have my money) I decided in January that it was too late in the day to start the job, had a couple of big bills come in so I decided to ask for my deposit back. At first he was very approachable, promised immediate compensation and looked forward to working with me at a later date. He sent me money sporadically only after me hounding him for every cent. Unfortunately he still owes me $1900 after holding my money for 11 months and NOT DOING ANY ACTUAL WORK!!! I have made repeated attempts to contact him and have been reasonable the entire time but to no avail. I would not recommend Bruce under any circumstances as he has proven to be untrustworthy in my exchanges with him. It represents the worst of this industry to give your money to someone you put your trust in to then turn around, ignore your communication attempts and unjustly keep your money all the while professing their integrity which unfortunately, in this case, does not exist. A cautionary tale for I which I take full responsibility for my part in.

Haim
Haim
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Unfortunately, I try to deal with complete exterior inc.

Unfortunately, I try to deal with complete exterior inc. As another consumer, I had a very bad experience with this company. The trick they use is very simple and we all know it, they simply ask for a large amount of deposit so you will be bound to them. The owner convinces me that he is an honest hard-working person which operates ~12 full-time staff. However, I only saw 5 workers in total. He asks for ~45% of the total project as a deposit so he can order the materials, then he starts me you with project start date, in my case we have time frame which he never starts the project. but he did hold my deposit, and never return the balance need. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND.

HaimR

hiam.i sent materials to your site in the amount of deposit except for 2700.00.we were not on time for project because of all rain this spring.any reasonable person
knows that.when i did show up you fired me.not right.i am not god far from it weather i can not control.there is a small balance that is yours.i did not claim to keep it.my lawyer is drawing up a letter for you to sign.when that is complete.you will receive you balance when these lies are removed from this site.note.there was work done on my contract in the amount of 1400.00 that you refuse to pay.

Nancy
Nancy

BUYERS BEWARE!!

Bruce did the siding and soffit at my house a year ago. Since then the soffit has flown off twice. When we approached Bruce about it he said it was due to the environment of where our house is located. We even believed him and paid for more expensive material for him to fix it but he kept putting us off because our job wasn’t expensive enough. Since then we had to get the soffit replaced at our cost. When the new metal guy was here he informed us our siding didn’t have drip pans on the windows, the siding is installed short and a few other problem. We decided to leave Bruce a fair review at which point he threatened to sue me if I didn’t take it down. Finically he decides to come “fix” the issue if I remove the reviews to which I agreed. Since I left my last review Bruce decided to come and rip up all the siding from the house. Once that was done we saw that the house was never wrapped before installation and my house has been sitting that way for over a year. However about 1/2 way through putting the siding back on Bruce simply stopped coming to site. My house now is in worse shape then ever before. There has been no cladding on my house for weeks and Bruce keeps telling me he will come with a crew. Yet when I check with the crew directly they tell me they have no idea about coming to my house. This is the type of contractor Bruce is. We have no choice but to try to take legal action. BE AWARE!!

EDIT: upon this review Bruce called me and told me he will no longer fix my house because I posted a bad review. After taking down all the siding he now refuses to put it all back leaving my house without cladding for weeks on end.

Review has 4 previous versions

funny Nancy how things go.you did not want pay my price.you were told I had to make full day job.your and another to make the day.ther is only one way to install alluminum soffitt.i was trying to do you a favor and get it done.but all you did was complain there was no money.i sent back your deposit same day when you said you were getting some else.not fair.pay your bill to builder to.and stop acting like it's my fault.two sides to all story's Nancy. yours wrong.just because you did not get your own way.sorry does not always work that way.

The Roy's in Seagrave
The Roy's in Seagrave
1 review Seagrave, ON

Brand New Upper Deck

Bruce's team removed my old deck and built my new deck quickly and professionally! Their commitment to quality shows in their craftsmanship and I now have a beautiful maintenance free deck to enjoy this summer! Thank you from the Roys!

Salon Lyol in London
Salon Lyol in London

Hair Salon Commercial Exterior Project with Longboard

We selected Complete Exteriors to do a longboard siding renovation for our hair salon. At the time there weren't many installers of this product in the GTA. Another challenge is that the sole manufacturer and distributor is in British Columbia which can cause delays in delivery for a project on a tight timeline. Nonetheless, Bruce & Co. delivered a fantastic result. We love it and we have received great feedback from our clients. I have included the before and after pictures for you to judge for yourself.

More about Complete Exteriors

Complete Exteriors (& Interiors) exists solely to ensure your dream spaces come to life. Through superior craftsmanship, service, and support, we will ensure that your space is enjoyable for you and yours. Complete Exteriors (& Interiors) has over 30 years of experience in general contracting, specializing in Exterior Trim, Siding, ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Whitby?