Sb Hardwood Stairs & Flooring

Best of 2019 winner 4 timesBest of 2019winner 4 times

Reviews for Sb Hardwood Stairs & Flooring

Joel & Sandy Brown from Mississauga
Joel & Sandy Brown from Mississauga

Replace carpet on stairs with hardwood

Simon and his team were friendly, hard-working, and showed pride of workmanship. They did a great job replacing the carpet on our stairs with hardwood, and updating the posts and spindles. Simon was very responsive to all communication.

Thank you Joel and Sandra for your kind words.
We are glad that you're fully satisfied with our company and workmanship!!!

Regards,

Anna Oraczewski in Mississauga
Anna Oraczewski in Mississauga

Stair Renovation

Simon & Team did an amazing job on refinishing my old stairs, including replacement of spindals and adding in more modern posts. The process was very seamless and the team accommodated my schedule (I work from home, have an 18-month old and large dog) to get the stairs done in a timely manner while still allowing me to maneuver as needed while they worked.

Attention to detail was on point! If I could give more than 10 stars, I would.....highly recommended!

Thank you Anna for your review!
It was a pleasure to deal with you!
We are happy that you're fully satisfied with the quality and workmanship.

SB TEAM

Dot from Newmarket
Dot from Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Stair Refinishing

Simon and his team are absolutely amazing! They did a phenomenal job removing the carpet from my stairs, staining (new color) and painting.
It's like I had a whole new staircase installed. They are honest, absolutely immaculate, they respect your home. I have never met a contractor that responds so quickly to phone calls and so conscientious about the work they do. So very easy to work with also. Recommend highly!

Thank you Dorothy for your kind words and giving us 10 stars! We are glad that you're happy with our work and the new look of your stairs!

Marcel Gamon in Brampton
Marcel Gamon in Brampton

Hardwood Stairs

Simon and his team did a solid job with our new hardwood stairs. Firstly, Simon was the only contractor who did a house visit to see the scope of work, and gave us a cost estimate that was better than anything I got over the phone from other contractors. We also asked if the work could be done before the New Year, which Simon was willing to accommodate. His team even worked around our busy schedule in December to do minor prep work (cutting, measurements, etc) prior to the actual installation. The actual work took about two days total, and consisted of minimal disruptions and dust.

I strongly recommend Simon and his team to anyone looking to have a solid performing team install quality work at a competitive/reasonable price. Lastly, it was an actual pleasure to work with contractor (for once) as Simon and his entire crew was friendly, punctual, and always consulted us prior to proceeding with the work.

Thank you Marcel for your kind words! We are glad that you're fully satisfied with the whole project.
It was a pleasure dealing with you.

Allan in Toronto
Allan in Toronto

Hardwood floor

Simon at SB Hardwood is a very nice, courteous and professional guy. I chose him based on previous excellent reviews in this website and I'm extremely glad I chose his company to install the hardwood floor for my new house. I will highly recommend him and his company for hardwood floor installation.

Thank you Allan for the review! It was a pleasure to deal with you.
Enjoy your new floors!

Valmorr in Oakville
Valmorr in Oakville

Staircase Renovation

We had SB Hardwood redo our existing staircase in 2016. I did try to submit a review then, but had technical difficulties with submitting it. A friend just asked if we knew a company that did staircase renovations. After 2 years, I would still highly recommend SB Hardwood. The stairs have shown no wear after 2 years, and we now have a puppy that goes up and down them constantly. We felt very comfortable with our decision after Simon came to our house to measure, and Tom and his team of Voytek and Marta were professional and patient. The hallway was left spotless each day. The attention to detail was amazing. We are so incredibly happy with the results. The staircase is still the highlight of our foyer and hallway. Thank you!

Thank you very much for posting a review for us, we really appreciate it :)

Koush
Koush

Stairs Repair and Refinishing

Simon and his team were outstanding! I had a special request to complete the job based on some time constraints. Despite being considerably booked, Simon went out of his way to accommodate my request. Him and his team completed everything in a timely fashion including some extra last minute requests. More importantly, the attention to detail in their work is absolutely first rate. I had railings that were damaged and his team managed to repair them to like new condition. It is evident that Simon is customer focused and prides himself on making his customers happy. I won't hesitate to work with Simon again, SB Stairs are the best of the best.

Koush, thank you very much for the review and giving us the highest rating!!! We really appreciate it!
Hope to deal with you in the future!

Stefanie  in Mississauga
Stefanie in Mississauga

Loving our new stairs!!

We recently had our stairs sanded and stained by SB Harwood. The whole process from beginning to end was great! Simon helped us with deciding on the design of our stairs, even when design changes were made part way through the project!! We actually had a number of last minute changes or requests that were honoured without hesitation. When the posts were first brought to our place, we noticed some minor deficiencies and identified them to Simon, who requested new ones right away.
Simon’s crew were very respectable of our house and did there best to keep dust at a minimum. They did a great job with cleaning up the work stations at the end of each day. Despite this, since we had a 1-year old, we actually decided to stay a family’s house during most of the project. Family was around the corner, and it was just easier for us.
When asked to come back and fix small nit-picky spots on the stairs, this was not a problem.
Overall, I would definitely recommend Simon and SB Hardwood to anyone looking to redo their stairs. Simon was unlike other contractors we have worked with as he seems to focus heavily on customer service and satisfaction, in addition to delivering quality work.

Thank you for writing the review for us and for the kind words! We are really happy you're fully satisfied with the project and our workmanship.
We a really appreciate it!

Archana, Oakville Ontario
Archana, Oakville Ontario

Main floor: Hardwood installation

Simon and his team did a fantastic job on the hardwood in our main floor (LR, DR, family room, den and hallway). Simon was great in advising on hardwood options, addressing my concerns/questions and being patient! His team did our flooring over a few dates to minimize disruption (as we were living in the house). All and all it was done beautifully! We will be calling them back to redo the stairs!

In addition his commitment to addressing issues is truly outstanding.

Thank you Archana for the review and giving us the highest rating :) we really appreciate it.
Please contact us whenever you're ready to do stair project!

Priscilla in Toronto
Priscilla in Toronto
1 review Milton, ON

Modern stairs

When you walk through the front doors of our house, the staircase is the first thing you see and so it was important to us to have it looking good. The team did a fantastic job revamping our old and outdated stairs, giving them a more modern and polished look. Professional and positive experience all around! Thank you for your excellent work and careful attention to all of our questions along the way. Thanks again for a terrific job!

Hi Priscilla. We are glad you're happy and fully satisfied with the look of your stairs! Thank you for choosing SB Hardwood for the project :)

More about Sb Hardwood Stairs & Flooring

Welcome to SB HARDWOOD FLOORING & STAIRS. We’re a two-generation family owned business and we pride ourselves on excellent workmanship and outstanding customer service. Since our inception, our commitment has been to provide quality hardwood stairs & flooring services. With over 26 years of combined experience we’ll help you select the perfect type of flooring and stairs, every step of the way.
We’ve built our reputation one customer at a time, taking the necessary measures to work through the many options and possibilities related to flooring. The end result is a personalized flooring concept guaranteed to meet your expectations!
We work on residential and commercial projects with home owners in private homes and condominiums in the Ontario GTA. We supply, install, sand, repair and refinish hardwood floors and stairs.