Francis Plumbing & Heating

Francis Plumbing & Heating

Reviews for Francis Plumbing & Heating

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Tankless Water Heater

The company came through for us on a time sensitive project. We had moved to a another home and we did not want to be locked into an undesired rental of a hot water tank. Francis was able to install a tankless water heater in a timely fashion. Jeff and Erin did a wonderful job of removing the old water heater and installing the new heater as well as leaving no mess behind.

Ray G
Ray G
1 review Ottawa, ON

Boiler Maintenance

Yesterday was the scheduled day for my annual Boiler maintenance. Kyle was right on time. I also knew it would be Kyle because I ask for him each year. This year some water had been pooling under the pressure valve which I thought could be a huge problem. Kyle checked this and discovered that the water was actually condensate leaking from the external copper tube connected to the floor drain. It had been “eaten” through. He replaced it with a plastic one and I have my peace of mind back. Thank you!

juderand in Ottawa
juderand in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

New Ductless Air Conditioning System

Francis Plumbing and Heating recently installed a ductless air conditioning system in our old home. Not too many companies install ductless systems in homes with radiant heat, so it took us a while to find Francis. JP and Dennis, were exceptional in every respect. We have done tons of home renovations over the years and I can honestly say that this team is the best. They were pleasant, unobtrusive, punctual, professional, polite, and informative. They are problem solvers that go beyond the call of duty. There were no surprises, no delays, and the system works like a charm. And very exceptionally, they cleaned up at the end of each day to the extent that you would not have known that they'd been here. Around the same time, we had Francis (another team of plumbers) come in to repair a major leak, and that too was done professionally and competently. We highly recommend the company and will use it for all of our future plumbing jobs. Sincerely,

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Overprice and no talent

I got a quote saying the work would take an entire day with 2 people needed. It took 2 hours. Hugely overpriced and a big battle to get the price reduced. Then the annoying secretary Who has to phone you continually to pay (I sent check day after work done) and she phoned me 4 times within 3 days. Feeling harassed.

Our goal is always 100% Customer Satisfaction so discounts were offered and authorized and the phone calls issues were caused by our phone system which has since been fixed. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you experienced so we can make sure this can't happen again in the future.

Doug in Ottawa
Doug in Ottawa

On demand water heater

In 2010 I had an on demand water heater installed. At first it worked well then gradually produced less and less hot water. Called Francis and a technician flushed the system with moderate improvement. A year later paid again and even less improvement.
Less than a month after the last Francis service I called JC Robinson, the technician red tagged the unit saying it was leaking carbon monoxide and had visible signs of burning outside the burn chamber.
My house could have burned down! TSSA was involved.

JC Robinson put in a water tank on short notice which is running without issue.
Still have the damaged on demand heater in my basement...will have to spend more to get it removed.

Shirley  in Ottawa
Shirley in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Emergency Service

January 10th I purchased a new comfort furnace from them and on January 12th it stopped working. I was told by one of the workers that returned my call from the emergency line that the roads were bad and other people needed a furnace more then I did and I would have to wait until Monday for an appointment. I have two furnaces one that heats up the front of the house and the new one heats the back of the house were all my plumbing etc., is installed. This was also mentioned during our telephone conversation by the worker. I was not impressed and I am not happy. I paid cash for this new furnace and expected excellent service. I was very happy with the comfort furnace when it worked not impressed at all with the response I received from them. I have a small oil heater near my water pipes and hope that they won't freeze overnight. If I had not paid in full for the furnace I probably would have received excellent service due to the fact that money was owed. Now that it's paid in full they don't seem to care.

The office was not notified of this response by our emergency on call technician. This is not the kind of services our company provides and it goes against our company policy! This customer should have received priority service like the rest of our customers who bought equipment from us. The technician who gave this inappropriate response has been fired and no longer works for our company.

KRAMD in Waterloo
KRAMD in Waterloo
1 review Kitchener, ON

Bathroom Relocation

Francis Plumbing came in on time, on schedule & did fabulous work!
Old Bathroom Plumbing disconnected & new location pluming, shower & tub installed as requested. Crew were great and very courteous and all work was completed on time.
Thank you Francis Plumbing, we will recommend your services to everyone!

I'm thrilled we were able to meet your expectations and look forward to hearing from you again for your next project. Keep in touch and thanks for the testimonial!

Tristan from Ottawa
Tristan from Ottawa

Plumbing Inspection

I called Francis Plumbing & Heating to have a thorough review done of the plumbing system on a home we were looking to purchase. I am very glad we called, Dan (plumber) was very helpful in determining the correct changes to done, and even made some recommendations on maintenance etc. I would recommend Francis Plumbing and Heating to anyone looking for a qualified and skilled plumber!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate your feedback!

R & MJ  from Ottawa
R & MJ from Ottawa

New Hot Water Tank

Came back from an extended holiday to find our gas hot water tank leaking once I fired it back up. Called around and compared. Also looked at renting vs buying. Decided to go with Francis Plumbing & Heating (Colonnade Rd). Their 10 yr parts/labour/and no leak warranty is by far the best I found when making my calls. I was surprised to learn that a rental from another good company had a warranty of only 8/6/1 after which we would still be liable for repair costs. Given this revelation and that it costs a lot more over let's say 10 years, compared to purchasing, we decided to buy again. Yes, one has the up front cost but with a warranty like Francis's - peace of mind.
The purchase and installation went perfectly. We made our decision in the afternoon and they came before noon the next day! Ellen in the office was very helpful and knowledgeable. The installers, Damion and Kyle were really nice, clean-cut guys. They worked quickly and efficiently. Very professional and experienced. Given the snow and mess outside, I was happy that they laid walking mats from the front door all the way to the furnace room.
We are retired and have dealt with many companies and service people over the years. This was one of our best experiences. We will not hesitate to use this company again and will highly recommend them to family and friends.
Thank you to everyone at Francis!

wow what a wonderful testimonial - thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post this. We really appreciate it and look forward to serving you again in the future

Florence from Ottawa
Florence from Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Upgrade gasline for a new gas stove in Kitchen Renovation

I am renovating my kitchen to change the current electric stove to natural gas stove. Francis was hired to upgrade the gas line in my house in order to accommodate this new and bigger gas stove. Technician Jordy is very professional and pleasant to work with. One of the tasks is to file some paper work with Enbridge to upsize my gas meter to meet with the additional gas load.

Anne in the office has gone out her way to chase Enbridge and follow-up with my request, which is entirely Enbridge's fault. Kay and Ellen are very helpful too. I could not say thank you enough to these ladies.

I would highly recommend Francis to anybody.

That was very kind of you to post this review. Thank you very much. We do appreciate your business and are very sorry for the issues you had to go through to get your gas meter changed to a different size. Hopefully they will come through for you soon so we can do the final hook up so you can get back to having a functioning kitchen.

More about Francis Plumbing & Heating

Francis Plumbing & Heating providing plumbing, HVAC, heating (furnaces and boilers) and air conditioning, water heaters and tankless water heaters services to Ottawa homeowners since 1933
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Ottawa?