Francis Plumbing & Heating

Ottawa ON
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Ottawa  >  Francis Plumbing & Heating

Reviews for Francis Plumbing & Heating

Shirley  in Ottawa
Shirley in Ottawa

Emergency Service

January 10th I purchased a new comfort furnace from them and on January 12th it stopped working. I was told by one of the workers that returned my call from the emergency line that the roads were bad and other people needed a furnace more then I did and I would have to wait until Monday for an appointment. I have two furnaces one that heats up the front of the house and the new one heats the back of the house were all my plumbing etc., is installed. This was also mentioned during our telephone conversation by the worker. I was not impressed and I am not happy. I paid cash for this new furnace and expected excellent service. I was very happy with the comfort furnace when it worked not impressed at all with the response I received from them. I have a small oil heater near my water pipes and hope that they won't freeze overnight. If I had not paid in full for the furnace I probably would have received excellent service due to the fact that money was owed. Now that it's paid in full they don't seem to care.

The office was not notified of this response by our emergency on call technician. This is not the kind of services our company provides and it goes against our company policy! This customer should have received priority service like the rest of our customers who bought equipment from us. The technician who gave this inappropriate response has been fired and no longer works for our company.

KRAMD in Waterloo
KRAMD in Waterloo
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Bathroom Relocation

Francis Plumbing came in on time, on schedule & did fabulous work!
Old Bathroom Plumbing disconnected & new location pluming, shower & tub installed as requested. Crew were great and very courteous and all work was completed on time.
Thank you Francis Plumbing, we will recommend your services to everyone!

I'm thrilled we were able to meet your expectations and look forward to hearing from you again for your next project. Keep in touch and thanks for the testimonial!

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Plumbing Inspection

I called Francis Plumbing & Heating to have a thorough review done of the plumbing system on a home we were looking to purchase. I am very glad we called, Dan (plumber) was very helpful in determining the correct changes to done, and even made some recommendations on maintenance etc. I would recommend Francis Plumbing and Heating to anyone looking for a qualified and skilled plumber!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate your feedback!

R & MJ  from Ottawa
R & MJ from Ottawa

New Hot Water Tank

Came back from an extended holiday to find our gas hot water tank leaking once I fired it back up. Called around and compared. Also looked at renting vs buying. Decided to go with Francis Plumbing & Heating (Colonnade Rd). Their 10 yr parts/labour/and no leak warranty is by far the best I found when making my calls. I was surprised to learn that a rental from another good company had a warranty of only 8/6/1 after which we would still be liable for repair costs. Given this revelation and that it costs a lot more over let's say 10 years, compared to purchasing, we decided to buy again. Yes, one has the up front cost but with a warranty like Francis's - peace of mind.
The purchase and installation went perfectly. We made our decision in the afternoon and they came before noon the next day! Ellen in the office was very helpful and knowledgeable. The installers, Damion and Kyle were really nice, clean-cut guys. They worked quickly and efficiently. Very professional and experienced. Given the snow and mess outside, I was happy that they laid walking mats from the front door all the way to the furnace room.
We are retired and have dealt with many companies and service people over the years. This was one of our best experiences. We will not hesitate to use this company again and will highly recommend them to family and friends.
Thank you to everyone at Francis!

wow what a wonderful testimonial - thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post this. We really appreciate it and look forward to serving you again in the future

Florence from Ottawa
Florence from Ottawa

Upgrade gasline for a new gas stove in Kitchen Renovation

Francis Plumbing & Heating
613-224-0041
25-174 Colonnade Road South
Ottawa
K2E 7J5

I am renovating my kitchen to change the current electric stove to natural gas stove. Francis was hired to upgrade the gas line in my house in order to accommodate this new and bigger gas stove. Technician Jordy is very professional and pleasant to work with. One of the tasks is to file some paper work with Enbridge to upsize my gas meter to meet with the additional gas load.

Anne in the office has gone out her way to chase Enbridge and follow-up with my request, which is entirely Enbridge's fault. Kay and Ellen are very helpful too. I could not say thank you enough to these ladies.

I would highly recommend Francis to anybody.

That was very kind of you to post this review. Thank you very much. We do appreciate your business and are very sorry for the issues you had to go through to get your gas meter changed to a different size. Hopefully they will come through for you soon so we can do the final hook up so you can get back to having a functioning kitchen.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Furnace repair

Francis was great. When my furnace broke down late one night about a week ago, they dispatched a technician who arrived within half an hour, cleaned out the hoses to the furnace, solving the problem, and made some good recommendations. I didn't have an existing service agreement with them, but they had installed the furnace for the previous owner. Highly recommend them. Prompt and reasonable.

thank you for the feedback - it is very appreciated!

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Leaky kitchen no more!

I contacted Francis Plumbing to fix a leaky dishwasher supply line and leaking kitchen tap on Monday and by Tuesday the work was done and the leaks are all fixed! The service tech was on time, polite, and tidy. I will call Francis plumbing again anytime I need it done fast and right.

It was great serving you Tristan - thanks for the review!

Ann McNaughton from Ottawa
Ann McNaughton from Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Intallation of gas furnace and water heater

Francis Plumbing and Heating installed a modulating furnace and water heater for me.

From the salesman, Ray, to the installation teams, they were great.

Ray went through all my options carefully and answered all my question. The install teams completely cleaned up and explained how everything worked. They answered all my questions.

Great service.

Thank you so much for the review - we were delighted to assist you with your heating and hot water needs!

Louise Crosby in Ottawa
Louise Crosby in Ottawa

Replacement boiler expansion tank

It was a pleasure doing business with Francis Plumbing, particularly Ellen in the Ottawa office and Brandon Willard, who oversaw the installation of our new water heater. The work was done quickly and professionally. I now know what company to turn to for maintenance of our Baxi Luna boiler.

We really appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again!

Mike Hyde from Kanata
Mike Hyde from Kanata
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Air Conditioner supply & install

Our A/C unit failed on June 19th. That day I made a request for a call back through the Francis Plumbing website. They called back the next day, and that same day Ray came out to see me, assessed what was need and gave me a quote for a new A/C unit. The unit was installed three days later. The installers were friendly, knowlegeable and did an excellent job of installing the A/C, including moving the unit so that it was away from some outside vents. Ray also noticed that a cold air return was needed in the basement and arranged for proper installation (at ground level), at the same time. The installers answered all my questions about the furnace fan speed, and made sure that the fan was set to proper specs for the AC unit. Fast, Efficient, Excellent service, at a competitive price. I am a very happy customer.

Thanks for the review Mike - we appreciated the opportunity to take care of your cooling needs - don't forget we are here if you ever need help with your heating too! Thanks again!

More about Francis Plumbing & Heating

Francis Plumbing & Heating ClimateCare providing plumbing, HVAC, heating (furnaces and boilers) and air conditioning, water heaters and tankless water heaters services to Ottawa homeowners since 1933