Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

3953 112 Ave SE, Unit 111 Calgary AB T2C 2Z6
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Tereza in Toronto

We scheduled furnace inspection with this company for safety reasons for Dec 12 - we needed to make sure furnace in our new home is safe for insurance purposes.
First of all - the guy looked like he’s not very sure about how to use his tools, but that’s just my opinion. He was trying to claim that the furnace is overheating, that it needs to be rewired and that the motor is bad. He was saying this furnace is a huge risk to our safety and was trying to scare us saying that we have a baby in the house and this furnace can cause health risk to our baby. The inspection took him about 10 minutes during which he was already just shaking his head saying that everything is wrong and the rest of the time (about an hour) he spent convincing us that we need to buy new furnace from the company and pay monthly and was pushing us to make decision right there and schedule appointment with sales guy. We said it’s a big investment and need to discuss and we’ll call the company number later if we decide to purchase from them - he replied not to call the company, but his number and also said not to go with another company, because they will do a bad job. He was not able to answer any question we had - “Why the motor is bad? “ "It's just bad". He made a hole in the furnace pipe and put a sticker over it that is already melting due to the heat and we'll have to fix it ourselves. According to the company, he was supposed to also clean the ducts - that didn’t happen, he just vacuumed inside the furnace box after we reminded him. Paid over 80$.
Today we had ATCO gas technician coming here to inspect the furnace - the result: furnace working perfect, no issues with overheating, motor or leaks. Inspected for free.
Don’t go with this company, they're just trying to sell new furnace and will scare you with misleading and untrue information. We wasted time, money and ended up with a hole in the furnace that he didn't know how to patch properly.

Hi Tereza, please email me if you still need assistance [email protected] ~ Penny

This Company is a joke, I cannot wait to get out of the situation I got myself into. Horrible phone service, people don't have a clue what they are talking about with this company. All around unimpressed. Please do your research before entering any contracts with these clowns.

Hi there, I can assist with any concerns. Please email me [email protected] for assistance ~ Penny

HomeStars user calgaru

We bought a furnace, a/c and hot water heater. The salesman Dan, was late to the first appointment- the weather was bad. He missed our second appointment because he was arguing with air Canada all day. He did not call to let us know he wasn’t showing up. At this point we really needed a new furnace. When he finally showed up he promised a $100 gift card as an apology, and he offered us a deal in an out of the box a/c if we wrote him a good review on home stars . He also said he would give a gift card to the person who referred reliance to us. It is almost a year from the installation date and we have not seen the gift cards. The furnace has broken down twice in the first year and when I went to call for service, reliance magically did not have us on file. They were billing us but couldn’t find us for service ....hmmm.
In our contract there is. $500 no frustration guarantee that says if the furnace breaks down once they will give us $500. Guess what? We don’t qualify but of course they couldn’t tell us the qualifications.
I hope the furnace doesn’t breakdown again because it’s winter and we have a toddler. Be careful of these reviews, Daniel offers deals if you write a good one.

Hello,

I would like to look into this further. Please email me [email protected] for assistance ~ Penny

Jolene in Calgary

If you enjoy pulling your hair out then I HIGHLY recommend this company! You will be shopping for wigs and hats before you know it.
My journey began with the sales lady forgetting to do her due diligence with the financing aspect of the contract but somehow an Air Conditioner was installed on my property with out payment. After months of hassling the sales lady for information about when my first payment would be coming out I received a call from a collections agency. Seems she forgot to submit my application……
The second leg of journey consisted of a failed city compliance because reliance installed the Air conditioner in an location that violated city bylaws. Trying to get Reliance to move to relocate the Air conditioner to satisfy the bylaws was more painful than multiple root canals but was necessary in order to sell my house.
The third leg of journey was my stupidity to allow Reliance to install ANOTHER Air conditioner in my new home. Some those highlights include
- Quoting me one price then charging me more
- I do not have a copy of the correct contract
- I had to ask several times for my “free cover”
- Failing the city electrical permit
- Spending countless hours trying to arrange for the air conditioner to be moved again!
- Asking multiple times for my siding and concrete to be repaired

If all of this was not bad enough Reliance some how screwed up their billing then tried to rebill me for the Air conditioner by forcing a payment on my credit card. Despite repeated attempts to contact them they will not return phone calls or emails.

I encourage you to use ANYONE but reliance!

Hi Jolene, we have been in contact regarding this.

Thank you.

Dave In YYC  in Calgary

I had a time sensitive home sale that required immediate furnace assistance. Darren to the rescue. He was punctual, knowledgeable, cost effective and extremely professional. I would recommend Darren at Reliance Home Comfort in a heart beat for all your immediate furnace needs!!

Dave C

thank you for the amazing review!

The Honeywell controller on our Trane Furnace went "wonky".

The first Reliance technician did a poor stop-gap job. Left us in a bit of a lurch.

Darren fixed everything. Well done!!!

thank you for the feedback and are delighted everything turned out great!

Rob J in Calgary

Darren was absolutely amazing. On time, friendly, professional, and polite. His work was done in a quick efficient manner and used all of his resources on hand to ensure the furnace and air conditioner were working at 100% efficiency.
Well done Darren and well done Reliance for having hired such high quality staff

thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the time you took to write this post and we will definitely be sharing this with Darren!

dagarb in Calgary

We had used Reliance to install AC at a previous home, so we asked for a quote from them when installing AC and replacing the old furnace in our current house. Daniel MacDougall worked with us to find the right products. The products, warranty and price were all better than the other companies that quoted. Installation was very professional and the result looks good and works great.

thank you very much for the amazing review we really appreciate it

Reliance installed a furnace for me last year. I booked online for a maintenance call last week; was quoted $189 and asked if I wanted a quote on new equipment?! Fortunately Darren the tech got the right lady on the phone as the first service is included. Odd that the database can't match me up with my account when I am already a customer. Darren was great! Very pleasant and helpful.

We went to buy a water tank from reliance home comfort calgary and met Chris, Chris was so helpful and friendly and experienced in his field and guided us the right way and gave us advice on are tank and saved us money and time I strongly recommend anyone looking to buy or service water tank to go see chirs first at reliance home comfort. Thank you for your service and help chris!!! God bless you

thank you for the great review we appreciate the time you took to share your experience so that others can see this.

More about Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Reliance Home Comfort has been delivering high quality home comfort products and services for over 40 years. Specializing in furnaces, air conditioners and water heaters, we provide our customers with peace of mind and are with you every step of the way. When you choose Reliance, you’re choosing one of the largest HVAC providers in Canada, with over 1.2 million customers and growing. You can expect your call to be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Water Heaters, Air Purifiers, Boilers, Humidifiers, Ductless Air Conditioners