Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

3953 112 Ave SE, Unit 111 Calgary AB T2C 2Z6
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Rob W.
Rob W.

BEWARE

My experience with Reliance started fairly well. I purchased an air conditioner and despite the pushy sales job, the price was the best in the market. Since that point nothing has gone right. The install was done incorrectly so it didn’t pass the city inspection. I email the salesman and of course he didn’t reply cause the sale is done. I then called Reliance to fix this simple issue and they agreed to send someone out. First person didn’t show and left me a VM telling me to rebook 5 hours after the booking. The second guy showed up but said he didn’t have time (thanks for coming!), the third guy said the same thing, the 4th guy looked at it and said you need an electrician and left. With every single one of these I had to call and make the appointment even though I was told every single time that they would call. Despite everyone being very friendly and personable, this issue still isn’t fixed despite 4 appointments and numerous call centre promises. Here’s to hoping the 5th time is a charm with Reliance.

As icing on this brual cake, they signed me up for heating protection plan despite me telling them 3 times not to. Now I have to call again and get them to stop charging me.

Despite a good price, this hassle has not been worth it. HUGE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY

Hi Rob,

We have already been in touch and are addressing these concerns. ~ Penny

shaw12 in Calgary
shaw12 in Calgary

Service

Daniel is a great Advisor. We had an emergency situation with our hot water tank and we wanted to order a tankless product, which would not arrive for another week. Daniel was very accommodating and let us borrow his extra hot water tank for the week so we could have hot water. He was also very responsive to our questions, great at addressing our concerns and did a good job at explaining the products.

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience! We appreciate the great feedback! ~ Penny

cwmartin101 in Calgary
cwmartin101 in Calgary

A/C Installation

I had Reliance install a new AC unit in May of this year to take advantage of spring promotion they had going. They were by far the most competitive with their pricing! When the guys came to do the install they were efficient and very professional, they were happy to answer any questions I had, and explain the installation process. When they were done they cleaned the work area, it was cleaner when they left than it was before they started.

There were some wiring issues with my thermostat, but when I called Reliance they sent a tech the very next day and he installed a brand-new Nest thermostat, got everything running well and even sealed up some leaks on the furnace manifold to make it more efficient.

Some notes, Reliance has (in the past) been aggressive in promoting AC rentals rather than sales, never rent that is a total waste of money and the terms (based on past research) are generally unfavorable. They did sign me up for some monthly maintenance plan by default which I objected too, but it was addressed in a quick two minute phone call.

Overall, Reliance had great pricing, great customer service, and took great care when I had issues. They were genuinely great to do business with and I'm very happy with my AC purchase.

I'll update this review to include notes regarding long-term ownership and service quality/pricing when the time comes.

Thank you for the review and taking the time to share your experience with us. ~Jessica

kcottrell in Beiseker
kcottrell in Beiseker
1 review Beiseker, AB

Terrible Follow Through & Customer Service

We got the whole nine yards with Reliance..at first Daniel the sales rep made a ton of promises and was very diligent at landing the sale..don't be fooled!!! It is only to land the sale..no referral fee paid to us as promised, and we are still waiting for work to be done almost two months later (work that is a fire hazard in our home!!) I would highly recommend going elsewhere and for Reliance to change their slogan!

Hello, I am sorry that you have had this experience with us. Can you please email me with your account information and I can take a further look into this. [email protected] Thank you, Jessica

cool zone in Calgary
cool zone in Calgary

Air conditioner

After alittle run around with the sales guy, our overal experience was very good. The installers Dustin and Blue were professional, friendly, knowledgeable they totally made our experience!

Our house is cooling down, bring on the hot summer!

Thank you for the review, enjoy your new equipment. ~Jessica

Tolulope3 in Calgary
Tolulope3 in Calgary

Ac installation

I am wowed by the service i got from reliance,Daniel the home comfort adviser made all my options clear to me and allowed me to make an informed decision.The install went well and the guys cleaned up perfectly.Daniel made sure to call the same day to ask how things qent.I sefinitely recommend Daniel and the relianceteam

Thank you for the review! ~Jessica

Vill in Edmonton
Vill in Edmonton

AC installation

Thank you Dan MacDougall for getting out AC installed so quickly. Aside from a few items missing the installation went smoothly and professionally. Everything is working great.
Dan knows his products very well. I would have preferred less of a sales pitch off the bat and more information on what options were available. After all I was going to be getting an AC regardless.
Overall I’m happy with the service received.

Thank you for the review! ~Jessica

Ron in Calgary
Ron in Calgary
1 review Airdrie, AB

Goodman AC Installation

After a bit of a rocky start to the installation process of our new Air Conditioner we are enjoying the comfort of a very quiet AC. Our Sales Associate is a very passionate individual and walked us through our options, recommend the appropriate unit based on the size of our house and did his best to provide a very quick installation date.

We had a few mis-starts to that installation date, however quickly resolved. The Unit delivered came with a faulty board, and was eventually completely replaced with a different Goodman AC. The operations and sales team did a fantastic job to keep things on track and pulled out the stops to complete the job.

Thank you for sharing your comments and review with us Ron! I'm so happy to hear that everyone was taken care of ~ Penny

Diane Selby in Windsor
Diane Selby in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

Installation of a water heater

We have rented a water heater form this company for many years. Yesterday it broke down and an emergency call was made. The very next day a gentleman by the name of Steven Hale arrived at our home and did an absolutely wonderful and quick and extensive job in putting in a NEW WATER HEATER. I found him to be very polite, knowledgeable and he made sure we were satisfied. He answered all our questions and eased our minds in many way. Thank Steven for installing our water heater - great job, great man.

Thanks so much Diane for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate the great feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

More about Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Reliance Home Comfort has been delivering high quality home comfort products and services for over 40 years. Specializing in furnaces, air conditioners and water heaters, we provide our customers with peace of mind and are with you every step of the way. When you choose Reliance, you’re choosing one of the largest HVAC providers in Canada, with over 1.2 million customers and growing. You can expect your call to be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Water Heaters, Air Purifiers, Boilers, Humidifiers, Ductless Air Conditioners