Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Jeff in Calgary
Jeff in Calgary

Hot water on demand

Removed 2 hot water tanks and installed hot water on demand system. Professional clean and neat installation. So much more room now to move around in the utilities closet. Will be calling soon to retire the old furnace!

Thanks so much for the wonderful review Jeff! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Dean G in Sylvan Lake
Dean G in Sylvan Lake
1 review Sylvan Lake, AB

Air Conditioner

Thanks Matt H for the help in sizing the right air conditioner for us. We have truly enjoyed it this summer. Matt was knowledgeable and friendly. The installation was quick and well done. Thanks Reliance!!

Dean

Thank you for the kind review Dean! ~Jessica

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

News tank installation

Matt gave us quote that was very acceptable for a new water heater and the service crew was at our residence within a couple of days
And work was accomplished within 3 hours

Thank you for the review and taking the time to share your experience with us. ~Jessica

Roscoe in St. Albert
Roscoe in St. Albert
2 reviews St. Albert, AB

Furnace Repair

Great exprience, knowledgeable people and great customer service ! My furnace stopped working right when the cold weather spell hit and reliance was there with same day service. Definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking!

Thank you for the kind review Roscoe! ~Jessica

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Great Service

Daniel was great in explaining to us our options on our furnace. We got our A/C with Reliance as well. All the time we dealt with Reliance it was a very good experience. The prices are reasonable as well.

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate the great feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Michelle from Calgary
Michelle from Calgary

On protection plan - Worst service ever

I have the protection plan and have always referred my friends & coworkers to your company. But my view of your company is changing. I have to say that your service is very bad. I have called to have a plumber attend issues only to have consistently no shows of your workers. This has happened 4 times. I needed a hotwater tank and because of no shows Reliance lost the sale and install. Reliance sets times for the plumber to show up ie) between 7-11 or 1-4 and no one shows up. Reliance does not seem to care in regards to their quality of service. All they seem to care about is the monthly payment that they obtain from homeowners without providing the promised service.

Hi Michelle, I am very sorry to hear about the no show appointments. If you require any further assistance please email me. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

Rob W.
Rob W.

BEWARE

My experience with Reliance started fairly well. I purchased an air conditioner and despite the pushy sales job, the price was the best in the market. Since that point nothing has gone right. The install was done incorrectly so it didn’t pass the city inspection. I email the salesman and of course he didn’t reply cause the sale is done. I then called Reliance to fix this simple issue and they agreed to send someone out. First person didn’t show and left me a VM telling me to rebook 5 hours after the booking. The second guy showed up but said he didn’t have time (thanks for coming!), the third guy said the same thing, the 4th guy looked at it and said you need an electrician and left. With every single one of these I had to call and make the appointment even though I was told every single time that they would call. Despite everyone being very friendly and personable, this issue still isn’t fixed despite 4 appointments and numerous call centre promises. Here’s to hoping the 5th time is a charm with Reliance.

As icing on this brual cake, they signed me up for heating protection plan despite me telling them 3 times not to. Now I have to call again and get them to stop charging me.

Despite a good price, this hassle has not been worth it. HUGE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY

Hi Rob,

We have already been in touch and are addressing these concerns. ~ Penny

shaw12 in Calgary
shaw12 in Calgary

Service

Daniel is a great Advisor. We had an emergency situation with our hot water tank and we wanted to order a tankless product, which would not arrive for another week. Daniel was very accommodating and let us borrow his extra hot water tank for the week so we could have hot water. He was also very responsive to our questions, great at addressing our concerns and did a good job at explaining the products.

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience! We appreciate the great feedback! ~ Penny

cwmartin101 in Calgary
cwmartin101 in Calgary

A/C Installation

I had Reliance install a new AC unit in May of this year to take advantage of spring promotion they had going. They were by far the most competitive with their pricing! When the guys came to do the install they were efficient and very professional, they were happy to answer any questions I had, and explain the installation process. When they were done they cleaned the work area, it was cleaner when they left than it was before they started.

There were some wiring issues with my thermostat, but when I called Reliance they sent a tech the very next day and he installed a brand-new Nest thermostat, got everything running well and even sealed up some leaks on the furnace manifold to make it more efficient.

Some notes, Reliance has (in the past) been aggressive in promoting AC rentals rather than sales, never rent that is a total waste of money and the terms (based on past research) are generally unfavorable. They did sign me up for some monthly maintenance plan by default which I objected too, but it was addressed in a quick two minute phone call.

Overall, Reliance had great pricing, great customer service, and took great care when I had issues. They were genuinely great to do business with and I'm very happy with my AC purchase.

I'll update this review to include notes regarding long-term ownership and service quality/pricing when the time comes.

kcottrell in Beiseker
kcottrell in Beiseker
2 reviews Beiseker, AB

Terrible Follow Through & Customer Service

We got the whole nine yards with Reliance..at first Daniel the sales rep made a ton of promises and was very diligent at landing the sale..don't be fooled!!! It is only to land the sale..no referral fee paid to us as promised, and we are still waiting for work to be done almost two months later (work that is a fire hazard in our home!!) I would highly recommend going elsewhere and for Reliance to change their slogan!

Hello, I am sorry that you have had this experience with us. Can you please email me with your account information and I can take a further look into this. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

More about Reliance Home Comfort - Calgary

Reliance Home Comfort has been delivering high quality home comfort products and services for over 40 years. Specializing in furnaces, air conditioners and water heaters, we provide our customers with peace of mind and are with you every step of the way. When you choose Reliance, you’re choosing one of the largest HVAC providers in Canada, with over 1.2 million customers and growing. You can expect your call to be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Water Heaters, Air Purifiers, Boilers, Humidifiers, Ductless Air Conditioners