Gala Kitchens And Bath

Reviews for Gala Kitchens And Bath

M &.
M &.

Bathroom tub and tile.

Gala did a completely thorough job, installing our new bathtub, fixtures and tiles to replace our old, outdated ones. They also made a seamless repair to our kitchen ceiling, damaged badly by an earlier bathtub leak. Scott provided a lot of helpful, detailed information and advised us upfront, what to expect at each stage of the job. His team always cleaned up after themselves and worked professionally to create gorgeous results we are so pleased with. We appreciate all their efforts to make us happy - they gave us an upgrade for our bathroom that exceeded our expectations.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I enjoyed working with you and I am delighted that you are happy with the results!

cbrooke in Toronto
cbrooke in Toronto

Kitchen renovation

We were thrilled with the work done by Gala. Scott and his team are perfectionists yet they respect time and budget constraints. Their level of professionalism is superb as are their communication skills.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working with you to create your open concept kitchen.

Chunga19 in Old Toronto
Chunga19 in Old Toronto

Kitchen and Master Bathroom Renovation

we received quotes from four other contractors and Scott’s was the most competitive. He made renovating simple and was very transparent and communicative during the entire process. He made suggestions as to where to go to choose our materials and decor and was quick to reply if we had any concerns. We felt that our satisfaction was always a priority and would definitely recommend Gala Kitchens and Bath to our friends and family.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoy your new open concept kitchen.

rkishk2
rkishk2

Full basement renovation to build an independent one bedroom basement apartment.

In Aug 2017 I purchased a new house (build in the 1920's) with an unfinished basement. I searched high and low to find a contractor who I could trust to build a one bedroom apartment. My requirements where:
1: cost-effective
2: high quality (on a tight budget)
3: time sensitive
4: TRUST! I did not know what I did not know, so I needed to find someone who I could trust to deliver, not cut corners, and could take full responsibility of the entire project, but someone who would act as a business person, not simply a contractor.

I was lucky to be recommended to Gala & Scott. Scott was very thorough, understood the dilemma I was in, and guided me through the emotional roller coaster of decisions and issues which arose from start to finish. His team started work on the second week of October 2017 and finished by 20th Dec 2017.

The project was very comprehensive and included (but not limited to) leveling the floor, putting up drywall, building a furnace room, custom bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, storage space, laundry space, floor tiling and carpeting, drywall etc etc. All in all, Scott had someone on site doing something every single weekday (and some weekends) apart from three days where schedules simply could not be aligned due to last minute issues. I would highly recommend Scott and his team anytime for any size of a project. He is an excellent person to work with and I can't say enough about him, his work ethic and the quality of his work and people he hires. Thank you so much Scott.

Thank you so much for writing such a thorough review. I really enjoyed the process of working with you to create the apartment for you.

mechater in Toronto
mechater in Toronto

Main bathroom reno

Scott renovated our main bathroom recently and I found him to be very knowledgeable and customer-focused. He works to high standards and so do the tradespeople he brings in to ensure the result exceeds expectations. I found him to be very flexible to deal with in how the project was approached, and he freely shares his network of suppliers to source quality materials at great prices. He was always pleasant and professional and I can highly recommend him.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the work we completed in your bathroom. I enjoyed working with you during the renovation.

cfayflood
cfayflood

Installation of new door and window

Scott Thomas has the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience to identify the scope of the project and is fully committed to seeing it through to your satisfaction.

He knows the best trades and gets the best from each of them. He responds quickly to queries, shows up on time every time, and stays on top of the job. He'll go the extra mile to look after his customers' needs. Oftentimes i have known him to offer a creative and efficient solution to a problem that is workable and saves me money.

When I decide to go ahead with an addition to my house, I will call Gala kitchens and Bath. Scott's know-how and integrity are rock solid.

Thanks very much for your review. I look forward to working with you again.

tamara
tamara

Replace the faulty liner in a custom built shower

Thete was not a lot of work that had to be done but it was very work intensive because it involved removing tiles from the wall and floor of the shower before the repair could be made. Scott followed through on the time commitment he had made and completed the job when promised. He identified what the problem had been and after the new liner had been installed, finished the job with some modifications to avoid further problems and to give the shower a more pleasing finish. He also pointed out how to identify future problems. The bathroom was cleaned up at the end of each day so the other fixtures could still be used. I would definitely call on Scott again if I had any kitchen or bathroom work that needed to be done.

Thank you so much for your review Tamara! It was a tricky project but I'm pleased that you are happy with the result.

lesliedrapersantos
lesliedrapersantos

Kitchen and bath renovation

Gala Kitchens and Bath were instrumental in renovating our tired old kitchen into a modern and bright space that is both functional and beautiful. The bathroom renovation was seamless and is now a stunning well proportioned airy bathroom. Scott Thomas of Gala is a very good communicator and kept us informed every step of the way. Practically all of the work was done earlier than forecasted in our initial schedule provided by Scott at the onset of the project. I cannot recommend Gala highly enough. Happy to recommend and will definitely be calling on Gala for our next project.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoyed working with you to create two beautiful, contemporary spaces in your home.

Corey in the Annex
Corey in the Annex

Kitchen renovation

A friend had recently hired Gala kitchens to design and install her kitchen.. and it was beautiful. So we decided to contact Scott right away!

From the moment we met him and discussed our vision for the space, we knew we were in good hands. Scott was very patient with us, made note of our wish list, took measurements of the space, and came back with an initial design and quote. After some minor adjustments, we signed off on the design.

The install took a week, as promised, and the space was transformed. We absolutely love the functionality and design. Everyone who has seen our kitchen was blown away. We're very happy and would recommend Scott to anyone.

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure to work with your family to create your beautiful kitchen.

Paulina in Toronto
Paulina in Toronto

Kitchen and bathroom renovation

We are so lucky to have found Gala Kitchens & Bath. We couldn't be happier with the service and the outcome. Scott was the only contractor who agreed to meet with us on a weekend to assess our space and was by far the most comprehensive in his review, measurement and questions ahead of the quote. He had our complete confidence from day 1. As the renovation progressed he kept us informed of progress via regular emails, texts and photos (we weren't living in the place during the bulk of the work) and was always very quick to respond to our inquiries -- from the first day to the very last day of the job. This was our first major reno and Scott was very patient with us. He always had good suggestions for how to handle the trickier elements of the design. Our neighbours remarked on several occasions that the tradespeople who worked on our reno were always very polite and friendly. Now that the dust has settled and we've 'moved in' to our new kitchen and bathroom, we're confident that both are well-built and a joy to use. We would highly recommend Scott and his team at Gala Kitchens & Bath.

Thanks for your kind words Paulina, It was a pleasure to work with you during the project. I hope you enjoy your new kitchen and bathroom.

More about Gala Kitchens And Bath

At Gala Kitchens & Bath we help you to bring beauty into your home - to create welcoming space.

The kitchen has a history of being the focal point within a home. In ancient times kitchens were often communal affairs either in a central part of the home or a central part of a community where friends and neighbours would congregate to cook. During the early 1900s kitchens became small areas tucked away and separated from living spaces but this trend was short lived. Today kitchens are once again central to how we live.

A kitchen renovation integrates living areas where families can celebrate the daily joys of life. Let us bring some joy and beauty into your home and give you a place to celebrate.

Gala Kitchens & Bath was founded with the vision born out of two sound principles: Client-centric design and impeccable customer service. Whether your space is wide open with room to imagine or quite cozy in which we have to be creative, we will work with you to make sure that your kitchen is build exactly the way you want from the ground up.

Our design process starts with your ideas and vision for your home from which our design team will help you bring your ideas to life in a set of plans that will guide our craftsmen to create the cabinetry of your dreams. We cherish this vision and will leave no stone unturned in the journey from concept to reality. With our passion, knowledge, and capacity paired with your space and vision, we ultimately end up with a one of a kind unique space in which you will be able to call your own!

Our Process

Initial Designer/Client meeting

View your home and areas to be renovated
Review client ideas, photos and preferences
Review Gala Kitchen & Bath’s portfolio of completed projects
Idea generation
Initial budget discussion including home value / remodel investment parameters, client goals, and cost estimates

Once retained, Gala’s Client-Focused design process starts with a field measure and is typically completed in six phases. Depending on the complexity and number of rooms to be designed, client meetings are scheduled as needed.

Narrowing the design goals

Second site visit made to measure the existing space
Complete a Gala Kitchen & Bath client-focused design questionnaire
Confirm project budget and design goals
Outline and confirm scope of work and timing
Discuss options for cabinetry, finishes and materials

Design Options

Third meeting to discuss layout options
The pros and cons of each option
A final layout is agreed upon often using aspects of more than one option
Select cabinetry, finishes and materials

Confirm details

Review the newly created floor plan
Confirm cabinetry, finishes and materials
Discuss various options and related costs

Finalize the Agreement

Detailed proposal is presented
Review responsibilities and timing
Confirm final agreement

Production

Cabinetry is put into production
Construction schedule is prepared