Gala Kitchens And Bath

Reviews for Gala Kitchens And Bath

vpelkonen
vpelkonen

Bathroom renovation

The demolition of the old bathroom took 3 days. New tiling was installed in the shower, shower floor, tub surround, the floor and the wall behind the toilet. Scott Thomas recommended places to look for tile, vanity, fixtures, toilet, sink and countertop. We found what we liked and needed at each of the places he recommended - a little more on the higher end side, but not over the top price-wise. Scott Thomas from Gala was easy to deal with and he was very responsive when any issues came up, big or small. His crew was reliable and competent. Gala Kitchens and Bath was a pleasure to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. You're in good hands.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with us. I enjoyed working with you and I'm happy that you like your new bathroom.

Chris
Chris

Kitchen Renovation

We presented Gala Kitchens and Bath with a job we had been dreading digging into since we bought our 104 year old house back in 2012. Basically we needed to remove an early 1970's kitchen, demolish a raised dining room floor, rebuild damaged and warped subflooring, and remove, replace and insulate 1914 era un-insulated lathe and plaster walls. Oh, yeah and we also needed them to build and install a custom, modern kitchen.

They managed this, without any defects I can find, and without causing any damage at all to our house, not even a scratch. And all at a very reasonable price.

These guys are top shelf kitchen and bathroom rebuilders, everything is custom made, and they seemingly can deal with any renovation, no matter how difficult. It was like "all you have to do is point" and they would just do it, fix it, replace it, no issues, no complaints, like magic.

They gave us a beautiful, modern kitchen, very tough and functional but also extremely nice to look at, for a very reasonable price, according to our timelines and working with our schedule, and did it all with a friendliness and approach-ability that left us feeling very good about the whole affair.

And they even cleaned our house afterwards. Vacuumed, dusted, it was like they had never been there.

Highly recommended. These guys are pros. Top shelf, worth every penny.

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. I really appreciate it. I hope you will enjoy your new kitchen with a dining room at the same level.

Anna in Toronto
Anna in Toronto

Kitchen reno

Scott and his Gala team are wonderful and did a brilliant job on our kitchen.

We sought a few quotes for a complete gutting, incl. structural work, and build of a new kitchen: Gala's quote was reasonable which we were so pleased about because after our initial meeting with Scott we really hoped to be able to work with him. We particularly appreciated Scott's calm and patient demeanor; he took the time to really understand what we we after and offered fantastic advice where we were unsure.

Throughout the job Scott was great at communicating progress and next steps. When issues arose he always presented them alongside at least one solution and was very conscious of our budget.

This was a huge job but because of Scott's good communication, calm and considerate nature, expertise and problem solving - it was always a pleasure to have him and the team around. They made the disruption as easy to manage as possible, even sweeping up when the place was gutted and a real bomb site!

The resulting new kitchen is an absolute dream. Better than we could have imagined, certainly better than we would have designed without Scott's help. Thank you!

I wouldn't hesitate to work with Gala again and wholeheartedly recommend them.

Anna, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you throughout the renovation process and I'm pleased to hear that you are happy with your dream kitchen. All the best.

Midtowner
Midtowner

Bathroom

Gala Kitchens has been fantastic since the get go. Since our initial meeting Scott and his team have been reliable and on time. They stay on budget and keep lines of communication open with the homeowner so you know who is coming and going. We have done a secondary bathroom with them and look forward to more work with them in the near future.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I look forward to continuing to work with you on additional renovations that are planned.

sylvie  from Toronto
sylvie from Toronto

Kitchen and Bath Remodel

I would definitely recommend Gala Kitchens and Bath to anyone. The owner, Scott, was very attentive to our needs & wants. This was especially important because of the limitations in my physical abilities, so the fact that he took the time to get all the details just right was very valuable to us. He was very knowledgable about materials and provided helpful suggestions about suppliers.  Considering the fact that the kitchen and bathroom were being remodeled at the same time, he coordinated the timing of the sub-contractors & workers excellently.   At every stage, Scott communicated what would be happening in the next day or week.   Also, he always took the time to address our questions and concerns.  All the workers were very conscientious, hard-working and tidy. So, if you want a great reno experience with a contractor that goes the extra mile, then hire this company!

Sylvie, thank you so much for taking the time to post this thoughtful review. I enjoyed working on your project and it makes my day to know that you are pleased with our work.

Brad from Etobicoke
Brad from Etobicoke

Bathroom re-model

Scott did a wonderful job re-modelling our small bathroom. He guided us through all options and helped us arrive at the best possible use of the space available. This involved a lot of demolition, plumbing and electrical work. Scott and his crew also pointed out some potential dangers in our existing drains that could have led to a real disaster if not taken care of it in time - and the costs charged for this extra work were minimal. Scott also took great care in helping us select tiles and fixtures, and went out of his way to accommodate our wishes. My family is very happy with the finished bathroom, with the amount he charged for his excellent work, and most of all with his very professional and friendly approach to his work. We have already asked him to do some more work in our house and look forward to contracting him for other projects. We cannot recommend Scott and his company highly enough.

Brad, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoy your new bathroom for many years to come.

M &.
M &.

Bathroom tub and tile.

Gala did a completely thorough job, installing our new bathtub, fixtures and tiles to replace our old, outdated ones. They also made a seamless repair to our kitchen ceiling, damaged badly by an earlier bathtub leak. Scott provided a lot of helpful, detailed information and advised us upfront, what to expect at each stage of the job. His team always cleaned up after themselves and worked professionally to create gorgeous results we are so pleased with. We appreciate all their efforts to make us happy - they gave us an upgrade for our bathroom that exceeded our expectations.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I enjoyed working with you and I am delighted that you are happy with the results!

cbrooke in Toronto
cbrooke in Toronto

Kitchen renovation

We were thrilled with the work done by Gala. Scott and his team are perfectionists yet they respect time and budget constraints. Their level of professionalism is superb as are their communication skills.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working with you to create your open concept kitchen.

Chunga19 in Old Toronto
Chunga19 in Old Toronto

Kitchen and Master Bathroom Renovation

we received quotes from four other contractors and Scott’s was the most competitive. He made renovating simple and was very transparent and communicative during the entire process. He made suggestions as to where to go to choose our materials and decor and was quick to reply if we had any concerns. We felt that our satisfaction was always a priority and would definitely recommend Gala Kitchens and Bath to our friends and family.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoy your new open concept kitchen.

rkishk2
rkishk2

Full basement renovation to build an independent one bedroom basement apartment.

In Aug 2017 I purchased a new house (build in the 1920's) with an unfinished basement. I searched high and low to find a contractor who I could trust to build a one bedroom apartment. My requirements where:
1: cost-effective
2: high quality (on a tight budget)
3: time sensitive
4: TRUST! I did not know what I did not know, so I needed to find someone who I could trust to deliver, not cut corners, and could take full responsibility of the entire project, but someone who would act as a business person, not simply a contractor.

I was lucky to be recommended to Gala & Scott. Scott was very thorough, understood the dilemma I was in, and guided me through the emotional roller coaster of decisions and issues which arose from start to finish. His team started work on the second week of October 2017 and finished by 20th Dec 2017.

The project was very comprehensive and included (but not limited to) leveling the floor, putting up drywall, building a furnace room, custom bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, storage space, laundry space, floor tiling and carpeting, drywall etc etc. All in all, Scott had someone on site doing something every single weekday (and some weekends) apart from three days where schedules simply could not be aligned due to last minute issues. I would highly recommend Scott and his team anytime for any size of a project. He is an excellent person to work with and I can't say enough about him, his work ethic and the quality of his work and people he hires. Thank you so much Scott.

Thank you so much for writing such a thorough review. I really enjoyed the process of working with you to create the apartment for you.

More about Gala Kitchens And Bath

At Gala Kitchens & Bath we help you to bring beauty into your home - to create welcoming space.

The kitchen has a history of being the focal point within a home. In ancient times kitchens were often communal affairs either in a central part of the home or a central part of a community where friends and neighbours would congregate to cook. During the early 1900s kitchens became small areas tucked away and separated from living spaces but this trend was short lived. Today kitchens are once again central to how we live.

A kitchen renovation integrates living areas where families can celebrate the daily joys of life. Let us bring some joy and beauty into your home and give you a place to celebrate.

Gala Kitchens & Bath was founded with the vision born out of two sound principles: Client-centric design and impeccable customer service. Whether your space is wide open with room to imagine or quite cozy in which we have to be creative, we will work with you to make sure that your kitchen is build exactly the way you want from the ground up.

Our design process starts with your ideas and vision for your home from which our design team will help you bring your ideas to life in a set of plans that will guide our craftsmen to create the cabinetry of your dreams. We cherish this vision and will leave no stone unturned in the journey from concept to reality. With our passion, knowledge, and capacity paired with your space and vision, we ultimately end up with a one of a kind unique space in which you will be able to call your own!

Our Process

Initial Designer/Client meeting

View your home and areas to be renovated
Review client ideas, photos and preferences
Review Gala Kitchen & Bath’s portfolio of completed projects
Idea generation
Initial budget discussion including home value / remodel investment parameters, client goals, and cost estimates

Once retained, Gala’s Client-Focused design process starts with a field measure and is typically completed in six phases. Depending on the complexity and number of rooms to be designed, client meetings are scheduled as needed.

Narrowing the design goals

Second site visit made to measure the existing space
Complete a Gala Kitchen & Bath client-focused design questionnaire
Confirm project budget and design goals
Outline and confirm scope of work and timing
Discuss options for cabinetry, finishes and materials

Design Options

Third meeting to discuss layout options
The pros and cons of each option
A final layout is agreed upon often using aspects of more than one option
Select cabinetry, finishes and materials

Confirm details

Review the newly created floor plan
Confirm cabinetry, finishes and materials
Discuss various options and related costs

Finalize the Agreement

Detailed proposal is presented
Review responsibilities and timing
Confirm final agreement

Production

Cabinetry is put into production
Construction schedule is prepared