Top Notch Renovations

Reviews for Top Notch Renovations

SLondon
SLondon

Basement Framing

I contracted Top Notch Renovations to re-frame our basement after we had to gut it from water damage. Alex responded to the inquiry and provided a quote by looking at pictures I had sent him. When he came to complete the work, the quote ended up being adjusted up by a few hundred dollars and time to complete by an extra day. The work quality itself was good, he did a fine job with the framing and cleaned up all the sawdust and scraps when he was finished. My single recommendation is for Top Notch Renovations to provide in-person quotes so that you're not underestimating the cost or time to complete jobs, in another scenario the mis-calculation could have been a deal-breaker.

Hi Seth,
It was great to meet you and frame out the basement. Sometimes for smaller jobs we have to quote over the phone. Will try to get out to all jobs and quote in person. Thanks for the review!

Great Job on my bathroom!

Alex and the people at Top Notch did a fantastic job on my bathroom. They did a high quality job in a prompt time, with a competitive quote. 5/5! Would use them again

Hi Mike, thanks for reviewing. It was a pleasure working with you! Please give us a call if you decide to proceed with work on your main floor. Take care!

Second floor unit

I had a great experience working with Alex in renovating our second floor apartment. Everything ran smoothly from the date he quoted. The guys were in for the demo within a weeks time and work moved along faster than expected. In total they completed 1 washroom, two bedrooms, blew out our living into a kitchen for an open concept look and rebuilt a second floor terrace. Im very happy with the workmanship. I was concerned that this build would be a nuisance to our downstairs tenants but the Top Notch crew made sure to keep the site clean and work acceptable hours so as to least disturb them. I will be hiring these guys again.

Thanks for your response Dave. Call us anytime.

Joseph B.
Joseph B.

Hardwood flooring installation

Top Notch was recommended to me by a good friend. I'm glad I went with them because they did an outstanding job and quite honestly exceeded my expectations in terms of work quality and timeliness. Communication and planning was a breeze, pricing was better than expected. My new flooring always puts a smile on my face, it looks incredible. Top Notch will be back to upgrade my patio in the Spring, they're my new go-to renovation people. Highly recommend these guys.

Thanks Joe. It was a pleasure, we appreciate the work! We look forward to working with you on the patio project. Give is a ring anytime and enjoy your new floors.

Dylan O.
Dylan O.

Full bathroom renovation

Alex and his team did a great job renovating 2 bathrooms in my home. High quality work that was timely, clean and right on budget! I would definitely hire them again.

Thank you Dylan. We appreciate the work as well as the review. Give us a ring if you have any future projects, we'd love to get a quote in. Glad to hear you are still happy with your washrooms. Best
Alex

Monika from Toronto
Monika from Toronto

Bathroom renovation

I hate to write negative reviews, but unfortunately I feel like this is the only avenue for accountability left in the reno world. Alex was recommended to me from a friend for some work I needed done. I met him twice for quotes on my house, then my condo. His availability worked well for my condo, so we were to proceed on fixing my bathroom, closet and backsplash. The job ended up being just the bathroom due to time and cost. I spent 3 hours with Alex at Home Depot picking up materials so that I could choose and pay for it. Alex dropped the materials at my condo and said he would start the work the next day. I hadn't heard anything the next day so I sent a message to check in. No response. What I got in the evening was an apologetic note saying something came up and he can't do the job anymore. He was to meet me at 10 am the day he was to leave town to return the materials with me. Instead I get a text saying he's running late, it'll be 10:30. Then another text saying his truck was impounded and he can't return the materials after all. I have been left to return 15 boxes of tiles and 3 bags of concrete among other materials on my own because of his lack of professionalism. I hope he will be more organized in the future with other customers.

More about Top Notch Renovations

Get quality work done at low prices. We’re a strong team of experienced tradesmen that have recently left major contracting firms to form Top Notch Renovations. Get an honest, well completed job done for below average rates. . . while you still can!
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?