Mega Roofing & Exteriors Inc

Reviews for Mega Roofing & Exteriors Inc

Mark Young in Whitehorn from Calgary
Mark Young in Whitehorn from Calgary

Downpipe Repair

In July of 2020 Mega Roofing replaced our Eavestrough,Chimney Siding, and Cap Replacement. They did an excellent job.

During the heavy rain on July 3, 2021 I knocked the off the downspout in an attempt to dislodge a blockage. I called Mega Roofing with my problem. Chris came out on July 5, 2021. He re-attached the downspout and removed the blockage. The work was done well and Chris was very polite and efficient.

Chris is definitely an asset to the company. Thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure working with you.

Calgary Homeowner
Calgary Homeowner

Quick service for an urgent problem

Shingles were flying off my roof due to the poor work of a different company. MegaRoofing came out the next day! What also impressed me is that they fixed the urgent problem, but then had an open discussion about the other things they saw. Thankfully, I was eventually able tot get the former contractor to honor his warranty, but next time I need roof work done, I'm calling Mega Roofing! Their prices were extremely competitive and I appreciate their honesty and integrity.

So great that the former contractor came to the plate. A pleasure to work with you!

Rob in Calgary
Rob in Calgary

Eaves cleaning and resealing; roof and chimney repair.

Mega Roofing cleaned out my eaves which were clogged with debris from the many trees on my property and broken cedar shakes which make up my roof. At least two black garbage bags of debris was removed. Upon inspection of my roof, many broken and missing cedar shakes were notice. In addition the cap of my chimney had come loose. The roof was repaired by installing 2 1/2 bundles of new cedar shakes. The chimney cap was also repaired.

Glad we were able to satisfactorily take care of your repair and trough cleaning.

S. Pollard
S. Pollard

Roofing repair

We had wind damage to our roof resulting in shingles being blown off. Needed the repair done before another snow storm hit. They were out in a few days and completed the work quickly.
Awesome service!!!

Happy to be of service!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Eavestrough repair & cleaning, and downspouts replaced.

Exceptional service provided by Brandon, Megaroofing’s estimator. Fast, efficient and fair pricing. I am a very satisfied customer and would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone. Well done, Brandon.

Thank you so much for the great review and taking the time to share your positive experience with Brandon and Mega Roofing & Exteriors. We appreciate your kinds words.

Jacqueline in Toronto
Jacqueline in Toronto

Prompt, excellent work at a fair price.

We contacted several companies. Mega was the first to actually call and they were able to come the next day to complete the work. Price for service was on par with expectations. Quality work on my downspouts.

We appreciate your business and sincere review.

Howard from Calgary
Howard from Calgary

Eavestrough and downspouts

I had Mega roofing come and explained what I needed done, they came up with a solution and saved me a lot of money the work was completed in a timely manner. I am very satisfied with this company and I will consider them for my roofing needs in the future. Thank you.

Thank you for allowing Mega Roofing to assist with your home repairs and for your kind review.

Davide in Calgary
Davide in Calgary

Garage Roof Replacement

Sadly, we are extremely disappointed with Mega Roofing, and they shown us that they can be downright disrespectful. We reached out to Mega Roofing and requested our garage roof shingles to be replaced, and I was put in touch with Trevor to get the work done.

Our first major flag with Trevor was his clear lack of communication. He never gave us a clear date on when the work will start. He was very vague, and the only communication was when the supplies would get dropped off. Little to my knowledge the installers came by later in the week to start the work. No prior communication was sent out to me nor did the installers bother contacting us about starting the work or completing it. If I had not come out of my home during my break, I wouldn’t have never known they were installing the roof. I chatted with Trevor about his lack of communication, and he scuffed it of by saying: “If I had to walk you through, and communicate what we’re doing to every customer then I would be on the phone all day, and I wouldn’t be able to run my business”.

Once the work was completed a few of the condo board members looked over Mega Roofing quality of work to make sure things were satisfactory. The board was not impressed with the work provided and wanted to discuss with Trevor some of the findings we had.

We left a voice message and the following day Trevor decided to show up unannounced on a Sunday to discuss the issues. He immediately started being standoffish, and being extremely rude. We wanted to have a civil discussion, but his tone of voice said otherwise. He told us we did not know anything and made me, and the other condo board member feel extremely threatened. We discussed the problems with the shingles not lining up, and that some were lifting off the roof. Trevor’s way of explaining things did not lineup, and he was rapidly becoming more irritated, and out right rude to the point we could not hold a conversation any longer.

We decided to have a 3rd party inspector to look over the roof about the issues we are concerned about. Trevor then gave us a deadline to have someone look over it before Friday or else. Then he told us in a very threating voice that the material (shingles) was his, and that he wants his payment. Giving us the impression that he is willing to comeback and take away our installed shingles on our garage. Which is highly illegal.

My impression with Mega Roofing and Trevor has been a nightmare. Furthermore, Trevor’s inability to hold a civil conversation and being out right disrespectful to me and the other condo member has made it very clear that they do not value customer retention. Not to mention the way they try to bully you into paying when asked about their quality of work. We are now hiring a few roof inspectors to make sure they have done the work properly.

Mega roofing appreciates and respects all their clients and values them tremendously. Honesty, respect and communication are paramount in operating a service-based business. Only until when that mutual respect is broken by a client have, we had to respond in this form. As with any other service industry unfounded accusations and verbal abuse are not called for or tolerated. Instead of politely calling to question certain items he did not understand, this client called and was in rage and made threats and accusations over items he clearly has NO experience, knowledge, or the slightest understanding of.
Its unfortunate that things unfolded the way they did but the owner’s choice in words when he called initiated the reaction from Trevor. Once the owners receive their third party inspection report we will be happy to except an apology and apologize as applicable, then shake hands and put this behind us.
We were contacted to quote a detached garage from Ryan. Once the quote was approved, we were asked to bring samples which we delivered the following day after the request of the client. After a week had past, we followed up with a phone call to Ryan to see if they had chosen a colour. During the conversation, Ryan started by stating that they did not receive the shingle samples and was frustrated with the delay in receiving the samples. Then we confirmed with our staff that the samples were personally delivered to Dave the other board member. It appears that Dave neglected to communicate the receipt of the samples with his fellow board members which resulted in the delay of Ryan receiving the samples.
Once the colour and product were decided we notified Dave that the materials were going to be delivered on a specific date and the crew was to follow. The crew was onsite the following morning to start and finish the garage. The project duration took only half a day from start to finish. The following morning a text message was sent from Dave complaining that the crew left the left-over materials. These were neatly stacked in the alley next to garage and that we did not complete the house roof inspection. Immediately after receiving Dave's concern via text, a call was placed to explain that left over materials are picked up by our staff when the final inspection is completed. it was also communicated that Ryan did not make any mention or request for us to complete an inspection of the house roof. At this point that is two communication errors between these board members (Ryan and Dave) that we were getting accused for. Within in two hours we had one of our project managers retrieve the material, inspect the completed work (which was flawless) and completed a free roof assessment of their home.
The following Saturday evening, Ryan left a voicemail stating that the workmanship was unacceptable, the job needed to redone and was threating that they would not pay due to the lack of workmanship, and that another contractor was to be hired. Upon listening to the voicemail the following Sunday morning. The owner of Mega roofing visited the site to see if there was any validity behind the aforementioned accusations. Sure enough the workmanship was EXACTLY as expected (flawless). It is our opinion that the owners did not have any valid concerns on the workmanship. He can only blame the shingle installed for looking like a shingle.
It is rare that we have a complaint about a project that we have worked on. Where a complaint is made, we endeavor to make amends where possible. We are hoping that we can reach a positive resolution to this contract.

Private User reviews Claresholm, AB

Replacement of Roof and Eavestrough

After few minutes of posting the project at Homestars, Mega Roofing and Exterior responded to it. The project was done in a span of two weeks from the time Robert sent me an affordable quote to the two days of actually replacing the roof and eavestrough. Everything was communicated and planned according to the customer’s needs, availability and satisfaction.

Thanks for the great review. very much appreciated.

Don in Calgary
Don in Calgary

Excellent Honest Customer Service

Very impressed with the honesty and integrity of Rob and Mega Exteriors regarding our gutters, facia and downspout requirements. Rob responded promptly and displayed a depth of knowledge that helped us make informed decisions and not make unnecessary repairs. We recommend Mega for their quality roofing and exterior work.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate working with clients such as yourself.

More about Mega Roofing & Exteriors Inc

At Mega Roofing & Exteriors we offer a wide range of high quality exterior services throughout southern Alberta. Specializing in all Roofing applications, Siding, Soffit/Fascia & Eavestrough 5"&6". We also offer a 24 HR emergency repair response line for any of our services.
Our company's core values consist of Honesty, Integrity, and Extreme pride of workmanship & exceptional customer service. We strive to go over and above to please every client, to guarantee their satisfaction if not exceed it, whether it is a Eavestrough cleaning or a complete exterior Renovation (roof, siding, all soft metals etc.)