McCartney Landscaping Inc.

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Mississauga ON L5G 1K4
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Mississauga  >  McCartney Landscaping Inc.

Reviews for McCartney Landscaping Inc.

Jane A.

Bill McCartney did the creative design and hardscaping at the front and back of our house. The front was particularly challenging, as our home is set atop a hill, with a large maple tree set in the middle. Bill and his crew removed the grass and replaced it with a tiered design of large boulders in rows around the tree. At the back of the house, McCartney created a beautiful patio overlooking our garden. His crew worked efficiently and without complaint, despite some difficult circumstances. The results speak for themselves.

J. Brown from York
1 review York, ON

McCartney Landscaping

I have used the services of Bill McCartney of McCartney Landscaping twice for work in my backyard and have been completely satisfied with both experiences.

In 2010, Bill installed interlocking brick to create a beautiful oasis in my backyard. He used a neutral square shaped brick with a traditional rectangular brick edging in a darker contrasting colour. The work was done in a professional and timely manner. The patio has not heaved at all and I have had no problems. Friends and neighbours have been amazed by the beauty of my yard.

In 2013, I discovered that my wood covered concrete porch and stairs were disintegrating. Bill removed the wood and found a disaster underneath. Instead of demolishing the whole structure, he suggested that as the structure was basically solid, that the unsound concrete be removed and the remaining concrete be built up and then covered in rectangular flagstone. I was impressed that he came up with a cheaper solution to my problem which would not need the upkeep that a wood deck would have. I am completely satisfied with the look and practicality of my 'new' porch.

I am pleased to recommend McCartney Landscaping and would certainly use their services in the future.

Mark Walsh in Brampton

The Before and After Pictures:
As the saying goes " you only get one chance to make a great first impression and I firmly believe that Bill has helped us do just that.
When we do put our house up for sale later this year, we also believe we will be able to command top dollar.

Once again,
Thank You to Bill and McCartney Landscaping Inc

Nancy from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

I hired a Landscape Designer from Plant World in Etobicoke in the spring of 2012 to design a garden oasis in my back garden as well as a flower bed at the front of my property and behind my house. The design included a huge wooden pergola for my back garden as well as hardscape including two stone patios with stepping stones joining them and large rocks in my front and back gardens. My Designer highly recommended McCartney Landscaping Inc. who she had satisfactorily worked with on a number of jobs. Bill McCartney sent me a detailed written proposal which looked good and then my Designer brought Bill to my house for my first meeting so we could all review the plan together and they could answer my questions. This ensured that we were all on the same page. Almost immediately after that Bill dropped off 3 stone samples so that I could make my selection. Bill introduced me to the head carpenter whose company would make and install my pergola as well as a wooden fence. Bill and his crew were at my place for a full month. Bill picked up his crew and they were at my place at exactly 7:00 am every morning and they worked 10 to 12 hour days. Bill and his crew were all extremely professional, friendly and polite and were all a pleasure to have around. They tidied up every evening. Bill actively tried to source a wall mounted fountain for me. I was able to find one on my own but only had 24 hours to pick it up. Bill was extremely accomodating and picked it up for me. I was absolutely thrilled with the end product. My garden oasis turned out beautiful. Bill and his crew left my place in pristine condition when they finished the job. Bill was extremely responsive when there was later a problem (i.e. Designer wanted some plants re-arranged upon final review, few patios stones sunk over the first winter). I would highly recommend McCartney Landscaping Inc. They were a fantastic company to deal with.

Stacy Wilcox in Mississauga

I was a little leary on hiring McCartney Landscaping based on online reviews. Im glad I researched this company more in depth because I found that McCartney Landscaping Inc. has been in business for over 20 years, which is rare for many trades companies. I decided to go with this particular company since most of the others only had a few years experience. I am 100% pleased with everything that has been done, and feel that I have received quality craftmanship to my property. I can finally enjoy friends and family coming over to my new home and enjoying my paradise of a back yard!

linda in East york
5 reviews East York, ON

We hired McCartney Landscaping Inc to completely re-design our front and backyard. It was an extremely difficult backyard to work with and Bill did an incredible job. This is our 3rd year using them and could not be happier. Bill went beyond his call to make sure I was completely satisfied, even with many crazy changes I made during the process. Bill was a complete gentlemen and very accomadating to all my revisions. My backyard now looks like a mini resort.... absolutely beautiful! We are constantly getting compliments from neighbours and friends how gorgeous our back yard look. The PRICE and WORKMANSHIP is TOP NOTCH. THANK YOU Bill for the Fantastic job and we will definitely enjoy our backyard for many more years to come. We are using them again to do our landscaping at the cottage. THANK YOU

karen

I hired bill mccartney through a local contractor and bill removed my existing steps which were falling apart and installed new steps in December 2010. Reviewing the email correspondence with the local contractor I see the agreement was for stone treads, instead bill mccartney installed solid stone steps which do not conform to the city building code and each step is of a different height, all exceeding code. I have called him twice and would certainly pay to have the steps repaired but he does not return my phone calls.

John C in Mississauga

I hired Bill McCartney in 2007 through a landscape designer I was "assigned" when I submitted an online request through Sheridan Nurseries. Because of the affiliation with a large, established company like Sheridan Nurseries, I felt reassured that I was hiring a reputable, professional contractor. To better manage the finances, we chose to split the project into two phases: backyard first (~60% of the cost) then the front yard the following year. While the overall project was installed to our satisfaction and the crew was respectful of the property during the course of the project and appeared to take pride in their work, I was starting to get concerned about the extensive (4-level) stone work on the stair-walkout from our patio door to the patio when it started to show signs of heaving and instability. This was more concerning since the it had really become unstable to walk on, and the stones were so loose they could be removed easily by hand. I spent the better part of the 2010 outdoor season trying to get a hold of Bill so that he would come back and fix things. I wasn't looking for "free warranty" service, but felt that an honest contractor would acknowledge that the installation was not holding up and required some degree of fix. I was prepared to pay a reasonable amount out of respect for additional labour, but did not expect to have to pay full cost only 3 years after the initial install. I lost count of the number of calls and emails I made to Bill in 2010. I eventually enlisted the assistance of my landscape designer (Nan Keenan) to try and generate a response from Bill. In all honesty, I think I heard back from Bill maybe twice - through voice mail messages promising he would "take care of things" but was "extremely busy". Weeks, then months passed, but Bill and his crew never appeared. I gave up on Bill by the time fall 2010 rolled around and had to ask Nan Keenan for another firm who I could rely on to fix the mess left behind by McCartney Landscaping. As of April 2011, I am essentially looking at a situation where I am being forced to pay twice for a job that should have been done right the first time. My advice - stay away from McCartney Landscaping. They may show up when you first hire them, but good luck getting ahold of them afterwards to stand behind their work.