Closets By Design Of Central Ontario

Heba in Markham
Heba in Markham
2 reviews , ON

Closet Interior Customization

Great experience with Closets by Design. We were looking to tear out existing closet interiors and customize layout of 5 small-ish closets (including 2 smaller walk-ins).

Our designer, Owen, made time to visit us twice in our Mississauga home on Saturdays - always arriving on time. He took detailed measurements, produced detailed 2D drawings and answered all our questions. He also encouraged us to visit a showroom to get an idea of what the finished product will look like. We did, found that really helpful and sprung for a few upgrades on this basis.

Turn around time from date of our final go ahead to installation was about 6 weeks, given the number of closets. The booking team was accommodating of our requests, allowing us to schedule a Friday installation. Our installer, Mark, was fantastic. He worked quickly, cleanly, efficiently and got all 5 closets done in one day, which we really appreciated.

We had asked a few other providers to come in and provide quotes, but we found Closets by Design to be the best option given (I) they will include removal of existing interior closet fitting in the installation price (though they won’t paint or sand down the area after - which is understandable) and (ii) their standard product runs to the floor, and not just halfway down the wall. Other providers offered that slightly cheaper product, but we felt that would just make the closets appear half finished.
Prior to the installation I had items scattered across 3 separate closets around the house. Now those same items all fit comfortably in a single closet with plenty of room to spare. Well worth the expense!

Hi Heba, thank you so much for your review! We are very proud to exclusively offer a floor-based system, using the very highest quality materials available. That's why we are able to offer a true lifetime warranty. We are very happy to hear how pleased you are with your new closets! Let us know when you are ready to do your laundry/mud room, home office, or pantry! Many thanks for your business.

Ema Dantas in Barrie
Ema Dantas in Barrie

Custom Linen Closet Built-in unit and closet organizers

Vicki was the designer assigned to our 1st appointment, assigned to design a Custom Linen Closet built-in stand alone unit our Townhouse in Friday Harbour, Innissfil. She was pleasant and professional and artistic. She was able to captured effortlessly what I had envisioned. I loved her designed. I did wait until the unit was installed to call her again. I had wanted to see the installation process, and the final product, etc. Needless to say, a couple days after my gorgeous unit was installed, which looks like it was meant to be there all along, I contacted Vicki to see her availability to come design my closets - 4 of them - at my home in Glen Williams. Again she exceeded my expectation on her designs and suggestions and I look forward to having them installed in about 5 weeks.

Hi Ema, thank you very much for your review! We are so pleased to hear that you are so happy with our work. It is absolutely our pleasure to be of service. I will pass your kind words on to Vicki. Thanks again!

ROY in Markham
ROY in Markham

2 Walk in closets

Cristina our design consultant was very familiar with what I really wanted and worked with us to get us just what was required for our space. I would really use Cristina again when my other closets are to be done.
Our Installer Guy is a very professional worker and he did a great job and left my home spotless after all the work was completed.

Great team at Closets By Design.

Roy Lynch

Hi Roy, it was a pleasure to work with you! Thank you for your kind words, which I will share with Cristina and Guy. Enjoy your new closets and please just let us know when we can help you with your additional spaces.

Walk-in closet

We've converted one of the unused basement bedrooms into a walk-in closet, & the result was amazing. A room that was never used is now a gem of the house. Closets by Design was one of the companies we received a quote from. Their sample materials & variety of finishes won us over. We went for ivory deco closet with molding. Molding definitely makes it look complete & luxurious. The installation was not as early as we were hoping for, but after a month and a half of waiting for our installation date, the guy showed up on time and did a great job. We're very happy with the result and the quality.

Hello! Thank you so much for your review. Bedrooms-to-closets are amazing spaces and we really love doing them for our customers. Please enjoy your fabulous new space!

Harold & Eilene Ayerst fromBarrie
Harold & Eilene Ayerst fromBarrie
4 reviews Barrie, ON

Closet organizers

We are presently having a 1100 Sq ft condo renovated. As we are moving from a 4 level home we are looking to squeeze every inch of storage space possible into our new home. We chose to put closet organizers into all the closets: small walk in in master bedroom, closet in second bedroom and hall entryway closet. The consultant we worked with listened to our needs and made suggestions which would maximize our closet storage space. The consultant did not try to up sell any features but made certain we knew what options were available. Installer arrived on time and all closets were installed in less than a full day. Work site was left clean and neat. Positive experience from start to finish!!
recommend Closets by Design.

Thank you so much for your review and for your kind words! We are very happy to hear that you are so pleased. Thank you for your business and for the opportunity to work with you.

Tigerz2new in Barrie
Tigerz2new in Barrie

Walk in closet

We contacted Closet By Design to do our master closet. Our closet was a good size but a lot of wasted space. They sent out one of their designers and she went over multiple layouts with us until we found the one that worked the best. They managed to use every inch of space we had pracitly doubling our hanging space we had before as well as add drawers and lots of shelves. Our job was completed without any delays and the installer did an excellent job of cleaning up after himself too. We would highly recommend Closets By Design.

Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with your new closet, and are very pleased to have been of service. Enjoy!

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Built-in wall unit

After spending two on-site meetings with the sales person and signing a contract for the job, the company cancelled the contract because the job turned out to be more expensive for them and complex than they anticipated.

First, the salesperson, if they were not qualified to do so, should have consulted the necessary expert before a contract was finalized if there was any doubt as to the job's feasibility...the feasibility should not be an after-thought.

Second, a contract is a binding agreement (especially when a deposit has been made to show commitment of the purchaser). The company's ability to deliver on the agreed upon terms of the contract should not be the customer's concern; they need to figure out how to deliver on what they committed to.

Finally, the company had no problem in promptly taking a deposit before cancelling the signed contract. More importantly, the company was in no rush to return my deposit; it took an email and a phone call by me before the deposit was returned.

I will not be hiring them in the future nor recommending them to others.

Hi Prit! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. As we discussed, very unfortunately, the entertainment unit design that you requested was simply not feasible nor physically viable, even though, as you describe, our designer worked very hard, in two on-site meetings, to try to make it work. It had nothing to do with being "more expensive" (?). We understand that you are disappointed, as are we! Our documents describe that designs are subject to technical review and, unfortunately, this project was one out of many thousands of projects we've completed in the last few years that we had to decline. It simply could not have been completed to your expectations and so we had to decline. Again, please understand that we are as disappointed as you are, as we want all of our customers to be thrilled with their new spaces. Thanks again for your feedback.

Rita in Woodbridge, Ontario Canada
Rita in Woodbridge, Ontario Canada

Walk in Closet

I contacted Closets By Design to get a quote on converting a spare bedroom into a full room walk in closet. They sent over a designer, Katie. She was wonderful! She came the first time to give me a quote, she gave great ideas of what would work in the closet. She was also very good at changing any ideas I had and she envisioned my dream closet the way I did. She worked tiredlessly to keep the dream idea within my budget. She came out a couple of times to make sure I got what I wanted. Katie was great. I am so happy I got to work with her. She really cared about me and my ideas / cost. I would gladly work with her again.

Thank you Rita for sharing your experience with Closes by Design.
We are happy that we, CBD was able to deliver and made your dream closet come true.

Enjoy your new Closet!

juliagazda in Mississauga
juliagazda in Mississauga

Disaster Closet

They are absolutely unprofessional company.
When I ordered from Closet by Design Cabinets I paid the downpayment $1,350 on July 11and when they delivery closet and installed it, I was shocked how unprofessional and a disaster the closet was. I called Julio and told him all my complaints and told him I will not pay the remaining balance of $1,379.50. He laughed at me. I didn't know that time what that meant, but when I got my Capital One statement I saw that they already charged me the remaining balance without my approval and without me knowing about it. I asked them to return me the money on my credit card and completely redo the closet. They agreed to redo the closet but they wouldn't return the money back which for 2 months I had to pay the interest on the card. Julio said its not his problem. They had no right to take the money without my knowledge and without the closet being what I ordered. They came and fixed it and its still not done properly. And now they're refusing to fix their mistakes.

Hi Mrs Gazda! I am just following up and see that we answered you elsewhere but not here. Your unit has been reworked again and you have indicated that you are happy with the results. I am pleased that, with the additional materials and effort at no charge to you, we were able to overcome the issues with your uneven basement floor and ceiling, and complete your job to your satisfaction.

Mary a.
Mary a.

Bedroom wardrobe

The ladies that worked on this with us kept it very simple for us. We got exactly what we were looking for! Kathy did a great job on installation! Fast, efficient and clean! Awesome job

Hi Mary, thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear that you love your new space. Let us know when we can be of further assistance in helping you organize your life!

More about Closets By Design Of Central Ontario

Serving all of central Ontario from The Muskokas -Peel Region- York Region - Dufferin Region -Simcoe Region - Georgetown -Milton , Closets by Design is the industry leader in custom manufactured organizational systems. We design, build and install custom closets, garage cabinets and flooring, home offices, laundries, pantries, and much more. From our no obligation in-home consultation, custom tailored designs, and the highest quality canadian product construction, our products offer the best value in the industry. Check us out at barrie.closetsbydesign.com.