BkB Renovations

Mississauga ON L5L3A9

Reviews for BkB Renovations

Private User reviews , ON

Kitchen and Bathroom rebuild

Things started off positively, and the quality of the work done was ok.
However, halfway through the project, it became nearly impossible to reach him, and absolutely impossible to see him.
The project ran way over time, commitments were regularly missed, and updates were very rare.
There are still a few things left undone months later, but we've given up.

Not with your hammer and your buddy swinging it

Ya so, kitchen renovation(basic),6month total vs. the 2month estimate(while we were living there), weeks without someone at the house actually working, 3 workers from ready higher that couldn't hammer a nail into a barn door, a lien on the house after he didn't pay the electrician, 3 court dates which he didn't show up for, pretty well sums it up. Though he does trade show very well and sells himself, I almost drove myself to his house when he wouldn't return my call after 3 weeks of not being on the job.

Mel26
Mel26

2nd Floor Reno including 2 New Bathrooms

We hired Moti Berlad (BKB Renovations, Oakville) from meeting him at a home show. We explained to him that we didn't think our current contractor was doing a good job. He came by our house and criticized the work that had been done and assured us he could fix the work and complete it within about a month. He started early May and by end of June, I was completely fed up and finally had to fire him for the following reasons:
#1 - he told us that he had one guy who could start the job and a few days later a couple other guys would join him. This never happened, and we had only 1 guy working the job the entire time (other than a drop in here and there to lift heavy objects). Keep in mind this is an entire 2nd floor reno including TWO new bathrooms.
#2- he talked about cost savings in materials because of his high volume purchasing. He did not follow through on this. For example, when he said he could source some high quality potlights for a fraction of the price of the ones that I had, I returned mine only to find out that he told the electrician to bring whatever potlights he wanted. Same thing happened with the bathroom fan, which I still have no idea what fan it is (cfms or brand) because it came in two pieces at two different times from the electrician and it has no brand or specs on it. I can only cross my fingers that it will work well enough for this bathroom with very tall ceiling.
#3- his timing promises were a farce. after almost 2 months of a "1 month job" his guy started working another job and we didn't see him for days at a time.
#4- when his plumber showed up to install all the bathroom fixtures (ie tub/shower valves, drains, toilets, vanity faucets, etc.), Moti decided to demand to be paid in full and if he wasn't, his plumber would leave without installing the fixtures. After the plumber left, I turned on the bath faucet only to have a downpour of water going directly down into the garage. Not only this, but he installed the plumbing for the floating vanity in a way that the vanity drawers didn't fit, he installed the shower rail (drilling into the shower tiles) in completely the wrong spot (he installed it for a left side shower head except the shower head can only be hung on the right side) which makes this shower head right next to the side wall instead of centered.
#5- not only were there all of these plumbing mistakes (which we are still finding more as of this day, because we have yet to be able to use either of the new shower/baths, and the shower valves were installed completely wrong, so wrong, that our rain shower head DOESN'T EVEN TURN ON AT ALL.), but he also left us with no doors and door frames to the bathrooms (even though he said he had ordered the doors weeks prior) and with a completely ruined hardwood floor upstairs because he has convinced us to replace it at a "very reasonable cost" (except when I sourced the floor and told him to go buy it, TWO WEEKS LATER he tells me he won't buy the floor that I sourced and that I need to pick another one - this was the last straw!).
He stopped working the job late June and we are still scrambling to fix it up to be able to use our upstairs bathrooms. We had to hire an electrician, a flooring company, a carpenter, painters, and now we have to find a really good plumber who will be able to fix the plumbing (and check ALL the plumbing) in order to get our showers/tubs working.
This reno has been a complete nightmare no thanks to Moti