Mike's Plumbing Services

HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Port Elgin  >  Mike's Plumbing Services

Reviews for Mike's Plumbing Services

Private User reviews Owen Sound, ON

Substandard Skills and Service

We hired Mike Mercer to do plumbing in our house. He failed to correctly install several fixtures, resulting in a flood costing thousands of dollars. I would never hire this person and I would investigate whether he has his plumbers license. These are the facts that I can verify with documentation. I would hate to see another family go through what we did. If you choose to hire him ask to see his licence, ask to see his insurance. Our insurance had to pay for his mistakes because he did not have any.
Note: Installing a tub backwards has nothing to do with a defective part. How does anyone install a tub the wrong way?! Also, it was NOT determined to be a "faulty" part at all...this is just a lame excuse. Also, there was no insurance to cover his error-these are the undisputed facts. Ask to see 1) Licence 2) INSURANCE & Call to verify 3) Worker's Compensation & call to verify. If you want someone to practice their skills on your home, by all means hire this person. I have hired several plumbers since for different homes and different project and never had these issues. So many reliable, honest and competent plumbers around. Find one. BUT, be VERY VERY VERY careful in Southampton, as all of the locals recommend each other. Look outsdie of Southampton and in other larger centres for trades and do your home work. Summer residents are often preyed upon by the townies.

I hold a valid and current red seal plumber license and have since completing the apprenticeship program in 2008.
I have full insurance coverage on my business and have since opening in 2010.
The complaint at hand was dealt with through insurance companies and was determined to be caused by a faulty part and NOT workmanship.

carolwalberg from Port Elgin
carolwalberg from Port Elgin
1 review Southampton, ON

complete plumbing for my new house

He did a great job with the plumbing but I can't get him to return my calls when I have an issue, very frustrating
His dad did my furnace and air conditioning and he also will not return calls

Craig from Southampton
Craig from Southampton
1 review Southampton, ON

Supply and install UV Filter & Water Softener

Supply and installation of UV Filter and Water Softener in our home was Top-Notch. Mike provided a complete turn-key solution and took care of every detail including arranging for water testing, supply of salt, and programming the system for our usage requirements. Workmanship - excellent. Attention to detail - excellent. Prompt and courteous service - excellent.

thanks for the review Craig! It was a pleasure to provide you a system to meet your needs with little maintenance required.

Joan East from Port Elgin
Joan East from Port Elgin
1 review Port Elgin, ON

handyman, opening and closing of cottage

Mike is pleasant, efficient and makes it a priority to assist me when I need him the most. Eg. when my pump is not working and I have no water! This constitutes an emergency for me, especially when my 3 grandchildren are visiting and Mike goes out of his way to correct the situation. I would highly recommend Mike's Plumbing Services.
Joan EAst

Patricia from Port Elgin
Patricia from Port Elgin
1 review Port Elgin, ON

Cottage winterizing & start up

We have a cottage in Southampton and have used MIke's plumbing service for installation, winterize the plumbing and have things up and running in the spring. Extremely professional and reliable service. I highly recommend Mike and his company!

Looking for Plumbing pros in Port Elgin?