Durham Plumbing

Reviews for Durham Plumbing

The Churchills in Newcastle
The Churchills in Newcastle
1 review Newcastle, ON

Installation of new bathroom sink, reinstall fallen kitchen sink

David was extremely prompt in answering our call in the first place. He consulted with us over the phone about what our options were for installing a new sink in our kitchen or fixing our fallen sink in our kitchen. They also installed a new sink in our bathroom that was cracked. Then, he came over to size up the situation. That is great customer service. When David and his team came over, they were extremely professional and very friendly. I trusted them completely. David has a very happy demeanour and this is refreshing. Our 2 sinks are perfectly installed and they left absolutely no mess. I will use them again and recommend others to do so as well.

Travis from Newcastle
Travis from Newcastle
3 reviews Newcastle, ON

Drain repair

I had my drain from the sink break away from the floor drain in the basement which caused a leak and I needed a plumber to fix the problem. David was great and came within hours of me calling him. He was fast, efficient and very professional. Thanks very much for your quality work! If you need a plumber don't hesitate to call David!

Goat in Bowmanville
Goat in Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Kitchen renovation

Dave and his crew were nothing short of amazing. We moved our kitchen around and all the plumbing had to be re-routed. They did a wonderful job, were great to deal with and we’re happy with the finished job. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and will use them again for future projects. 10 out of 10 Top notch service.

elaine mcarthur from Courtice
elaine mcarthur from Courtice
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Help with back-up sewer

My husband called to inquire about having our sewer pipes checked ; the company suggested to call the Durham works department instead.
So by doing this, our repair was done at no cost to us!
We are thankful for this suggestion and the comment from the city workers was that " not many plumbers would do this"
We trust this company and would certainly use them if we ever had a problem.
E. McArthur

100 year house in Bowmanville
100 year house in Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Switch out toilet and repair / replace old plumbing

I contacted Durham Plumbing after reading some positive reviews....and after having two other plumbing quotes given to me. Dave came over and looked at some very old plumbing and patch jobs that have been done over the years in my 100 year old home, as well as how a toilet had been installed on the main floor. He was fair and honest in his assessment and pricing and had a realistic time frame to get the job done - and it involved some nasty crawling around in a dirt floor crawl space to run new plumbing lines! Dave and his team did a great job and cleaned up totally after they were done - replaced a toilet, kitchen faucet, fixed venting issues, repaired / replaced some very old pipes and patch jobs - I'm very pleased with their work and would definitely use them again and recommend them!

BahadurCplus in Whitby
BahadurCplus in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Backed up Kitchen Sink

Green Gobbler didn't work. Called David. What a professional! Great teacher and so knowledgeable. Very clean despite the job and he really knew how put my mind at ease! Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWR in Brooklin
TWR in Brooklin
5 reviews Bowmanville, ON

Bathroom, Shower and Blokage

Have used Dave's services 3 times - last was for a basement bathroom; exceptional service. We are very pleased with the workmanship, and knowledge he passed on to his apprentices.

The previous times was for a leaky shower, which he was able to find parts for and repair, and the first time was for a nasty blockage in the master bathroom.

Overall we would recommend Durham Plumbing to anyone who needs plumbing work

Christine Ferguson from Oshawa
Christine Ferguson from Oshawa
5 reviews Bowmanville, ON

flood

I had a flood in my place and need to get the plumber to find out if it was the plumbing or the washer. It was the washer but because of the age I could see that I needed to upgrade. Dave did this over two days and now I feel comfortable that I won't have any issues again for a long time. He came quickly and returned to finished the job the next day when we decided to do additional work. He kept me informed at each step and I feel that he went above and beyond. I have his business card handy and if I ever need and plumber again I will call Durham Plumbing.

larbour in Scarborough
larbour in Scarborough

Basement drain fix.

Sewer line access caps in my basement were broken open by previous owner and stuffed with rags. We had a big rainfall and the basement floor was covered with a half inch of muddy water. I was able to do clean up but we needed to fix the source. I called locals, Durham Plumbing. Owner Dave Axworthy answered the phone, problem-solved with me over the phone and by text. He gave me the options, didn't try to up sell me, even recommended the simplest, most cost effective fix. The next day he and his apprentice were at our house, worked fast and effectively, cleanly installed caps and ball valve drain, no mess. They were friendly and professional. And all at a fair price. Will definitely call them again. In fact, Dave is pricing out a new hot water tank install for a future date - at my request.

Mike from Whitby in Bowmanville
Mike from Whitby in Bowmanville
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Replace lead stack and closet flange

Dave showed up on time, did the job professionally and quickly. It was not a straightforward job. Some cast iron pipe had to be cut out and the lead fixture removed, all replaced with ABS.

He explained everything, reviewed options: obviously knew what he was doing. He laid down floor protection, they wore the fabric booties over their shoes, they cleaned up after themselves. He even noticed an issue with my dryer vent and fixed that!

I also liked that he had an apprentice. Perpetuating the trade. Something that many journeymen don't do.

I would highly recommend Dave for any plumbing work!

More about Durham Plumbing

At Durham Plumbing services we do all types of repairs,backed up drains,dishwasher install. Fixture replacements,faucets,sinks,
toilet install specials. We can create custom shower units that will complement any bathroom and full bathroom renovations.
We offer up front pricing ,we respect your home
.licensed and insured
serving Durham and surrounding area
24 hour services available.
Call Dave anytime to discuss your needs

Plumbing
Kitchen Plumbing Repairs Clogged Drains Faucet Repairs and Replacement Sink Replacement Bathroom Plumbing Repairs Bathtub Drains Faucet Repairs and Replacement Installation of new Toilets (We Recommend Gerber) Banging Pipes (Water Hammer) Pressure Reducing Valves Leak Detection Add A Bathroom Laundry Room Add or Relocate Laundry Room Repair and Replace Laundry Sinks and Faucets Other Services We Offer Plumbing Consultations and Design Ceramic Wall and Floor Tile Water Treatment and Water Softening Complete Bathroom Remodelling and Design Plumbing Parts
Durham Plumbing uses quality brand name plumbing parts when it comes to fixing your faucet or toilet. We recommend the following manufacturers of quality plumbing parts. Gerber Toilets Moen Faucets Delta Faucets Master Plumber Parts Kindred Stainless Steel Sinks
1992
cash or cheque
Master Plumber, ADWWA, Backflow and Cross Connection Certified, Water Treatment Specialist
Business Network International