The job was:
1. Removal of 21 posts (4x4 set in 3ft concrete). I did not really want to dig beside existing ones, since on many posts the concrete was pushed above ground
2. Removal of the corresponding fence panels (in total 160 ft)
3. Use the existing hole and dig another 0.8-1 ft into each.
4.Dispose of the clay removed.
5.Set up the posts (4x4 provided). Set in concrete or in crushed gravel. put 3 inches of gravel at the base of the post.
6.Build the fence and the gate.
7.Dispose of the old posts, the fence panel and the dirt dug out.
The bid from Corey an CPM was about average, but they provided very good communication and willingness to start as soon as the hydro and gas lines were marked.
They came the day they promised and removed the old fence as well as most of the older concrete bases along with the posts that were not rotten.
Loaded up the trailer and disposed of the old fence.
After a bit of prodding, they also helped removing as much as possible of the dirt dug out and took it away. This is a must, in my opinion, for such a job since a regular homeowner cannot deal with the huge amount of dirt dug out.
In the meantime, other members of the crew dug holes close to 4 feet and starting setting the posts in gravel, which is probably better for this clay rich area.
They moved really fast and even in the first day part of the new fence was already build.
In the second day, the entire fence and the gate was done.
They finished the job in only 2 days, which was much appreciated.
I should mention, though, that some of the fence boards were not installed right in the middle, so I will have to move them in the spring. It is easy since I insisted we used deck screws and not nails.
In summary, I would recommend Corey for any job you need done as long as you are clear what needs to be done and how should be done.
It was much easier dealing with Corey than with other contractors.
- Company Response
Having done so many fences around Toronto and Newmarket area I can easily say that this was one of the hardest to raise. The utilities simply went underneath the fence line! We had to pull out the existing posts and dig the holes without machine to 3'8". It was a challenging and fun project from beginning to the end and we are thankful to Alex and his dear wife Simona for their trust in us and awarding the contract. Thank you!