Wet Paint was hired to paint my the interior of my house in the Fall of 2011. He appeared friendly at first. Unfortunately this was not the case when problems arose. Wet Paint suggested different paint that we request as he said he could get it cheaper. When the company finished painting the kitchen it was clearly a different colour than the original paint we requested. When we discussed this issue with company, it was denied it until we showed the paint chip that we choose. He finally conceded and repainted the kitchen while rushing to paint the rest of the interior. About a week after he had finished the job we noticed that the paint in newly painted powder room was coming off. We called the company to ask them to look at it. Wet Paint promised to come by the following weekend and then never came. I called again and the company said that they had to cancel and would come again. Wet Paint again did not show up during the follow-up time. As a result my mother-in-law who has recommended Wet Paint to us decide to call him and see what she could find out. Below is her summary of the situation:
CALL SUMMARY FROM MOTHER-IN-LAW:
On the morning of October 17, 2011, I phoned Wet Paint Painters, to help solve the problems our daughter and son-in-law were having with the company. I felt partly responsible because I had recommended them.
I gave the owner of Wet Paint my name and reminded him that he had done some painting for us and our neighbours. As soon as I mentioned the name and location of our daughter and son-in-law, the owner
erupted in anger and began yelling at me. He interrupted everything I said, insulted me, and talked over me. Among the things he said were:
* They are big people. They don't need "Mommy" to interfere.
* We are blowing the problems out of proportion. He demanded to know in detail what things needed to be fixed, but would not listen to my answer.
* He had planned to fix the problems that night, but because I had phoned him, he would not be coming out.
* If the couple wanted to talk to him, they should contact him themselves. When I tried to point out that he does not return their calls or emails, he interrupted me again and would not listen.
* He told me to tell my son-in-law to phone him, because he wanted to talk to a man, not a woman.
The owner of Wet Paint appears charming and friendly as long as
there are no problems, but apparently he snaps and becomes another person when anything goes wrong. The work his people did for us was excellent, but that was not the case with our children.
END OF SUMMARY
As a result of this experience I extremely disappointed by Wet Paint. It was so bad that the owner's son had to come out and fix the painting in the powder room. Now a few months later I am noticing that the paint is already starting to show staining.
I would never allow Wet Paint into my house again.