brickwash.com

Historical Restoration
TORONTO ON M6H2N2

Review for brickwash.com

Paint Removal from the front of brick home

The paint kept peeling off the front of my century old home and I decided it might be cheaper to remove the paint than keep re-painting. I had a few paint removal companies look at , but they each felt it would be too much work or wanted a lot. After another year even more paint was coming off, so I contacted a company called Brickwash.com (also known as SplashMobile) that wasn't on Home Stars. Their estimate was fair. I understand that it took them a lot more effort to remove the paint than they expected. They stuck to their original quote despite their extra work. They were careful to remove the paint without damaging the brick. While I was satisfied with the results, my tenants and neighbours were upset with the poor clean up that resulted in paint chips getting everywhere. They had reassured me that there wouldn't be dust because of their special equipment that sucks up the water, paint chips and dust as they go. I understand that they resorted to a regular pressure washer to get the paint off so quite a bit of dust got in under the windows. If I had known this was a potential issue, I would have sealed the windows with plastic. Anyway, the tenant complained of dizziness and nausea and thought he might have lead poisoning. I thus had clean his unit thoroughly and spend $500 on some professional lead tests.