Brickwash.com

Clifton in Richmond Hill
Clifton in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Brick washing with House

I found this company online and thought would try their special cleaning machine (that suck water back in) found on their website.

They came for a quote, originally said the job will take 2 days to clean the bricks of the house in the photo (all sides), quoted $2300, I said no way this takes two days, and they said will try their best finish within 1 day for $1700.

Before they came, I checked again, and they are actually just coming with a standard power wash with chemical instead of the machine I was hoping for. Their reasoning is that it is cleaner doing the old fashion way.

The result after the cleaning is attached and done within 5.5 hours. Some part of the job was acceptable, while some is not so much. Their reasoning is that the chemical will ruin the driveway, so they will not use it for the front.

Even though their work attitude is good, just be aware of their over promising. They promised at least 90% new, and I will say it is about 70%. Please also shop around for price comparison.

Paint Removal from the front of brick home

The paint kept peeling off the front of my century old home and I decided it might be cheaper to remove the paint than keep re-painting. I had a few paint removal companies look at , but they each felt it would be too much work or wanted a lot. After another year even more paint was coming off, so I contacted a company called Brickwash.com (also known as SplashMobile) that wasn't on Home Stars. Their estimate was fair. I understand that it took them a lot more effort to remove the paint than they expected. They stuck to their original quote despite their extra work. They were careful to remove the paint without damaging the brick. While I was satisfied with the results, my tenants and neighbours were upset with the poor clean up that resulted in paint chips getting everywhere. They had reassured me that there wouldn't be dust because of their special equipment that sucks up the water, paint chips and dust as they go. I understand that they resorted to a regular pressure washer to get the paint off so quite a bit of dust got in under the windows. If I had known this was a potential issue, I would have sealed the windows with plastic. Anyway, the tenant complained of dizziness and nausea and thought he might have lead poisoning. I thus had clean his unit thoroughly and spend $500 on some professional lead tests.

Looking for Historical Restoration pros in Toronto?