Atlantic Van Lines

Moving & Storage
TORONTO ON M5R2E2
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Toronto  >  Atlantic Van Lines

Reviews for Atlantic Van Lines

I hired Atlantic Van lines for a part move from Quebec to Toronto. They gave me a quote then after it was agreed to, they kept changing the conditions related to the move always in their favour. First the price went up, second, they kept changing the dates for pickup, third, they were 7 hours late for said pickup and fourth, they changed the dates for delivery by almost two weeks. They also added a $325 deductible which was never mentioned before. During the move, they broke my television, now unusable. I made a claim and it took 9 weeks and 5 emails before they responded. Finally, they told me that they could only cover the equivalent weight of the tv, 55 lbs x 0.60/lb for the grand total of $33. They then subtracted the $325 deductible for a grand total eligibility of -$ 292.00. They offered to pay me $30.00 if I signed an agreement to forever discharge them from a claim. I wish I had read reviews before I hired them to move my belongings.

Where do i start. My quote was 920 got bumped to $1560 now thats not my main issue my main issue is they have failed to deliver my furniture last week and now with my cornfirmation being today which i do have the voicemail they are saying they cannot deliver until friday!
Here I am took the day off work and nothing is being delivered.
Delivery was set last week which wouldnt have been a big deal if it was delivered.....
Have had to pay for a hotel 4 nights in a row so my children had a place to slee, now i need to purchase a hotel for another 4 nights ? Great 8 days ×200 plus other expenses my move just turned to $3000 +

The staff at richmond office in BC are the most RUDE AND IGNORANT people i have talked to since movong from Hamilton.
My options are to now rent a uhaul and drive the 100s of kms to and from to get my furniture which is another expense .
Most frustrating company i have ever dealt with.
Sincerely a fellow buisness owner with no choice but to wait for a response on their end .

Melodee in Toronto

Horrible customer service and the movers are inexperienced, incompetent and have complete disregard for your furniture. We dealt with Maria on moving day when we complained about how the movers didn't speak English and were dragging furniture. Maria advised them to wrap our furniture because THEY were incompetent and in the end we were charged. We have complained, submitted a claim for all damages and for wrap that we were unaware we were being charged for and in turn an approx $2000 claim was turned into an offer of $25. What a slap in the face for an issue with their company. We are left with a damaged property, damaged furniture and out money for the workers incompetence. On a last note the workers stopped while driving our my paid time and we complained and Maria didn't seem to care. Horrible company and customer service!

A Lot of hidden fees, misinformation (or partial truth) and terrible communication after they have picked up your goods. I dealt with Maria and will not recommend this agency to anyone looking for an inexpensive, hassle free, no surprise move.

1 review Montreal, PQ

Worst moving experience ever. Do not use this mover ever. They use false weigh tickets to charge you more, even doubling weight, lose things fortunately only one box in my case, and offer you a very low amount for lost items 30$. CBC Marketplace has produced a documentary on this company. I have been afraid until the end that my daughter would have to pay another extra fee to get her belongings. This company uses gypsy truckers to move your things. Were supposed to pick up goods in Montreal and Gatineau and merge shipments in whse for one unique shipment.

Kevin in San Jose
1 review Victoria, BC

Everyone seems very unhappy and only posts bad things, but this company has done right by us. We booked our move from Brampton, ON to Los Angeles, CA. We were invited to view the scaling procedure and we were extremely impressed with the way the warehouse was presented. They have a very large facility and very neat. I was impressed with the way Anita and Lucy helped put our minds at ease.
Got our delivery this past Saturday, January 21, 2017 and everything arrived in good shape. Yeah, there were a few dings and small items were scratched but I am not very picky and considering the distance it traveled, I was very impressed.

Believe me, I have dealt with worse companies than these guys and i was very impressed. Sometimes I think the public concentrates more on the bad than the good that people do.

Wesam in Toronto
1 review Windsor, ON

Greetings,

The company did the job, to be honest.
HOWEVER, their customer service is without exaggeration do not give a crap :). I contacted them regarding an extra fee which the driver waited until all the goods are in the truck and tied to mention. The extra fees are a total of 390 CAD before tax. I did not initial in the contract until the driver wrote "Customer was not aware of extra charges" which is the paper they receive with the goods.
I moved my stuff and went for a vacation and when I contacted them (3 months after the incident) they said you are too late and we will not negotiate nor we will waive any charges. After couple emails, the manager: Lucy, who called herself "the highest level of management in this office" replying to my request to speak with someone of power and willingness to talk, offered me a 50CAD discount HAHA. She also said via phone, she doesn't have anyway to confirm what I am saying with the driver and she will not continue the call.
To be fair, they were not late and the driver was nice, efficient, and quick. The manager (Lucy W) and the sale representative (Maria L) were very polite and understanding. They gave me more than 3 months before a single payment was required (they pardoned me for being away from Canada).
Just be aware of two things:
1- They seem as they do not really care about satisfation as long as you are paying :).
2- HIDDEN FEES, ask before you are trapped. Ask for it in writing in email :)

Good luck!

DO NOT HIRE THIS MOVER!! The movers that came to my home to pick up my belongings were physically aggressive with me, for example when asked a question or made a comment, they became derisive, defensive and raised their voice. The dirty wheels of their cart dirtied the carpeting and the cart scraped paint off the wall. They moved a neighbor's heavy bin and put it on my lawn, and recovering from an injury I asked them to kindly return it, however they acknowledged my question and walked away. One mover of Atlantic Van Lines picked up a heavy wooden filing cabinet and it almost fell on my injured leg. At the same time I was on the phone with the company who had called me, and I told them I was afraid in my own home with the movers. However it went through one ear and out the other, as it became apparent that customer service was of no concern. They were merely concerned with receiving payment. I selected them on the basis that the company promised to be there in the morning , then they said between 11am and 2pm (which I thought they meant the mover would take place during this time based on our earlier conversation with the manager), however they showed up late. The manager assured me that a physical move (out) would take only two hours maximum as that is how long it took them to move her (!!!). They then held my goods hostage as I complained about the service, and I had asked for the name and contact details of the owner and was not provided them, as the local manager is the sole person to contact. My belongings were delivered weeks later. The weight was claimed to be 3X my estimated weight (estimate was about $850.00), however the scale information that I asked for, did not confirm it the actual weight indicated. My lawyer recommended I sue the company, which I am still considering, and he is generously offering to do so without charge. This company Atlantic Van Lines has no business being in business. As a result of the late delivery and the duress I went through, I was unable to access my work files therefore experienced potentially lost business revenues as I was unable to work. They indicated that they went to deliver the following day (my key was not delivered as promised by the seller's lawyer), however their GPS records provided did not reflect that. I secured another mover to pick up belongings and deliver, however the company again held my goods hostage by stating they will not provide location of goods until paid in full. My lawyer recommended I use the same company for delivery, in part to the ongoing stress. Three items were damaged (a desk and a lamp cover ruined, the bottom of a couch visibly damaged), one item has yet to be found, yet my dealings with the company were so poor and stressful, that I wanted nothing further with them so I did not follow up with them. Photographs were taken of the damaged goods. The service was so stressful at the pick up, I felt the need to get two witnesses upon delivery, and contact the local police in case they were needed. Do yourself and others a favor and spread the word to boycott this company. Stay clear.

Charles in Prince George

I am currently in a dispute with them via my lawyer for breach of contract, bad faith, excessive charges, faking weight scale tickets and other and for trying to coerce me into paying excessive fees contrary to the agreement and unilaterally changing the agreement to suit their desires.

I would like to hear from as many of you as possible as perhaps we could bring joint claims against them in civil court, which is where I heading.

Please email me at [email protected]

Charles

1 review Saint John, NB

Never hire this company they are a complete joke. We moved from Calgary to New Brunswick I would have been better off towing my stuff with rope from the back of my truck. Literally 80% of our stuff was destroyed. Our mattress had huge black marks all over which apparently is not covered. All of our picture frames were smashed, these were very well packed. I think they had to of dropped the boxes off of a 2 storey building to break them all. Our table had scratches chairs had huge chunks out of them. Desks with puncture marks right through the middle of them. I thought that the only thing that wasn't damaged were our clothes in and no as I hauled out a bag with shoes in them it looks like they had packed them on the bottom and the soles were squished off the actual shoes. Literally not able to move a sneaker safely across the country. We did get a settlement though $50. WOW I was so excited to receive this complete insult. We had contacted CBC market place who said they would investigate for us. I cant wait for the bad publicity they are going to get. Anytime you call you will not have your call answered or returned. I would love for any one of their employees to have there stuff moved with this company so they can see what everyone else is having to deal with right now. If your ever moving don't even consider these guys. Don't even let the idea creep into your brain. Just run. Run and never look back. Complete joke

More about Atlantic Van Lines

Our many years of experience ano quality service will have you satisfied with every aspect of your move. We offer full door to door service moves including storage services.