PW Stone

Tile & Stone Contractors

Reviews for PW Stone

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Flagstone Porch and Back Patio

We hired Joel to do the job because he really knew his business! Compared to the other companies and quotes we received, Joel was the only one who explained every detail to us and he was true to his word!

It was a big job. It took over a week to complete. The workers cleaned up the area beautifully after each day so we could still get into our house during construction.

When the job was completed, Joel inspected it with us. He actually asked his stone mason to replace a few stones. We couldn't be happier with the result. Such a beautiful job!

And btw the price joel quoted us was actually less expensive than the other companies!

In my opinion, we made the right choice with Joel and PW Stone.
We did our due diligence and PW Stone has been in business for over 45 years and we received a warranty with the work.

When doing a job around your home it's b
est to choose a company who has been in business that is established instead of going with a small one guy company who will probably not be around in a years time to honor the warranty.

www.pwstone.ca

1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Our back and front porches were done by P. W. STONE WITH LIFE TIME GUARANTEE AND WE ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR WORK AT ALL.

WE ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR WORK. every year we call them repeatedly to repair the stone work without success. There was a life time guarantee for this work and we paid over $50,000. I would not recommend them to my friends

This customer used salt on his flagstones which caused his warranty to be null and voided immediately. This job was completed 7 years ago (approx). Warranties at that time were for 4 years. We attended every service call for this customer and there were many
Once salt is used on cement or stone it rots the stone and destroys the grout.
This customer decided to "seal" his stonework which I highly disagreed with.
In business over 45 years, we take our work very seriously.
This customer made a mistake by using salt and ruining his beautiful stone work.

Jean, St catharines in Saint Catharines
Jean, St catharines in Saint Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

flagstone front porch

Flagstone front porch looked good when it was first completed. Since then 2 granite slabs have chipped and cracked. Not sure top quality granite being used. Just FYI to new clients.

Please contact our office and we will get a service repair as soon as we hear from you.
Btw-we only use natural flagstone not granite.
905-682-7719

Happy Customer from Hamilton
Happy Customer from Hamilton
1 review Ancaster, ON

Flagstone Walkway

We had our walkway done 2 years ago.
We were very impressed with the care that the workers took and the finished result was beautiful.
We are also very impressed with the after sale service.
Our walk needed a liitle attention after the harsh winter and it was tended to quickly and efficiently. We highly recommend this company.

Thank you kindly for your wonderful review.
Joel
PW Stone.ca

Ian McCreadie from Mississauga
Ian McCreadie from Mississauga

Porch, Steps & Pathway

We were impressed on our first meeting with Joel Donaghy. He listened to what we wanted. He then proceeded to give us details about his family business and the process he follows to carry out the work. While
he was taking measurements we looked at a book of photos of jobs he had completed. They were beautiful He gave us a reasonable quote and a timeline of three weeks. He said he would call two days before to confirm commencement date of starting the work.

Three weeks later he called and his employees arrived and they were all very conscientious and hard working. They worked late into the first day – repairing, removing patio stones, turf, etc.. and cutting and planning all the flagstone, so they would be ready in the morning for the next procedure.

We had asked for three patio stones to be taken into our back yard where we were going to use them. That evening we were so surprised to see that they had laid them for us. The workmen were very considerate and left our property in a clean and tidy condition at night.

We had flagstone work on our porch, steps and an extended four foot walkway. It was a fantastic job. Joel arrived while the work was being carried out to ensure everything was in order.

When we went out see the finished job we were amazed to see that he had arranged for the men to put in a small retaining wall between the rock garden and the walkway. This was a pleasant surprise!

We are absolutely delighted with the workmanship. We have a “PW Stone” sign on our lawn and will highly recommend this company to anyone in our neighbourhood interested in having this type of work done.

Thank you for your wonderful review.
All the best to you both.

David  from St. Catharines
David from St. Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Patio Re-build

Fantastic job, reasonable price. I had my crumbling eyesore of a concrete porch re done in flagstone. Looks amazing. Great work ethic by the mason. We had some delays due to weather, but they put in long days to get it finished.
Great attention to detail and over all look. Mason went back twice to yard to get stone better suited to the look of my house.
I had had many complements and inquires about the job.
I would high recommend PW Stone to any one looking for a great job at a reasonable price. Both Joel and Paul ? were great at keeping us informed on the progress and timing.

Thank you David.

Riekie & Ernie from Port Colborne
Riekie & Ernie from Port Colborne
1 review Port Colborne, ON

Build and resurface front porch

Had PW Stone surface our front entrance way, removed old structure and poured new footings and concrete to increase the size of our front porch. The surface was wired and flagstone was laid. The people that worked here did a fantastic job. Each night they left the work area clean and tidy. We are very pleased with our porch and steps.PW Stone get a 10 out of 10. GOOD JOB!!!!!

Thank you for a fantastic review.
Enjoy!

Marilyn Richardson from St. Catharines
Marilyn Richardson from St. Catharines
1 review St Catharines, ON

stripping old flagstones, resurfacing porch and steps and putting new flagstones on both

My front porch and steps were in bad condition and I spoke to different contractors about having it fixed. I chose PWStone because Joel Donaghy impressed me with his expertise and the way he planned to fix everything. Old flagstones had to be removed and everything resurfaced and wired which had not been done before therefore causing the poor condition of the previous work. The young men who worked here were knowledgeable, skilled and hard working. Every effort was made to have the job well done. Every night they cleaned up any mess they had made. I am so pleased with my new porch and steps and give PWStone an A-plus.

I appreciate your kind words.

tina from Hamilton
tina from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

resurface of small porch area

Jan. 2014: This is the worst flagstone job I have ever seen!!! It has only been 3 months since the job was completed and there is an area at the bottom of a column that has cracked all the way around and pieces of concrete are falling off. I could not believe my eyes!! Not only that, but the material used (the flagstone) is rough and uneven. Joel never showed us a real sample before we agreed to hire him...he gave us his word that the materials he uses are the best and that his employees are top notch. Well I can tell you for a fact that his word is BS!! The guys he says are the best installers did a terrible job. There are areas where water puddles up on the porch because the stone was placed so uneven and the joints between the stones are so thick and uneven too. The unevenness of the porch is a falling hazard for a disabled person like my mother. Not only that, the product (flagstone) is so rough and there are areas where the flagstone is damaged. This was all relayed to Joel initially who said he would rip it all out and replace it with a cheaper tile for my mom in the spring 2014 (after I complained about it to him several times). But now, after seeing this most recent cracking all around the column, I have asked for a complete refund (through voicemail) as we do not want Joel or his employees to ever do work for us again. I asked Joel to get in touch with me otherwise I would write up a truthful review about his company. He has NOT contacted me and I'm certain he never will. Please, save yourself the misery we are going through and hire professionals with references who show you an actual product sample and give you addresses of homes you can visit to inspect their work. I can't believe we got had!!... Joel knew my mom was a recent widow but I guess he and his employees thought they could take advantage of us because we are just women after all.
I am incensed beyond belief. If I am allowed to add pictures to this review I will so you can all see what I am saying is the truth. Please save yourself some misery. Find a reputable contactor as this company is not!!

And by the way there is another NEGATIVE review on PW Stone (similar to mine) but it is listed under a different page (so punch in Toronto in the area section and then click search for PW Stone). I have asked Homestars to fix this issue, as both negative reviews should be on the SAME page, because if they were, PW Stone’s rating would be much lower. They promised to fix it but it has been months now and still no fix.

July 2014: Joel of PW Stone has not contacted us even though he informed the BBB he would do so as soon as his office reopened in the spring. So here is my poor widowed mother left with an exterior home in shambles. And to say that she cries about it is an understatement. There is a thing called karma and I truly believe that scum like Joel will reap what they sow...no doubt about it...it will happen to him tenfold.
Actually, all the concrete fell off one of the bottom columns after posting this original review...see pics below... the other column is now cracking as well...

More about PW Stone

PW STONE DESIGN BUILD is a family business since 1975. We specialize in custom designed flagstone entrance ways, porches, walkways, landings, pool patios, fireplaces, interior accent walls, flooring and more. We offer two types of flagstone installation: square cut and random. We work the Niagara region, GTA and surrounding areas. ...