Best Flat Roof.Ca

Reviews for Best Flat Roof.Ca

Chris in Old Toronto
Chris in Old Toronto

Flat Roof Replacement

I don't normally write reviews but I feel I need to since I relied on reading them to find a company to replace my flat roof.
I called Oleg for a flat roof replacement quote and he came by the next day and inspected my roof. I decided to go with his company and I am very glad I did. He scheduled my new roof the next week and his guys showed up on time.
They were very friendly, professional and did a great job. I highly recommend Oleg and his company for any flat roof replacement.

Hi Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to write me this review! It was a pleasure working with you.
Regards,
Oleg & Best Flat Roof Team

macinTO in Toronto
macinTO in Toronto

Excellent work. Friendly, competent workers

I was apprehensive has it in my roof fixed because I know how difficult the flat roof can be I had a number of quotes completed. I was uncomfortable with the two other quotes. One of which was sent to me by text while I was standing in front of the guy who never bothered to show me what kind of material he would be using. Oleg Showed me exactly what he would be using and what would be completed. The work was done to my liking the cleanup was great the guys were friendly and professional. I am extremely happy with the work that was done and I would highly recommend this company. They strive to ensure that they have met everything set out in the contract and that the customers left happy.

Hi Mac,
Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure working with you.
Regards,
Oleg & Best Flat Roof Team

Daniela
Daniela

Flat roof replacement in downtown Toronto

We moved into our home last summer and we knew that the flat roof was nearing end of life. I contacted four companies in the fall, including Best Flat Roof, and received a wide range of quotes, from 7K to over 14K. Being the first roof I have ever had replaced, I was surprised by the cost. Oleg and his company came in around 8K. Oleg responded very quickly and was professional and left me with a written quote based on an assessment he made in person, unlike at least one other company that assessed my roof using google maps.

We decided to save up over the winter and I contacted Oleg in March. I was relieved that the price did not change from the fall quote, which I had heard happen to people dealing with other companies. He provided me with references when asked and those references had positive experiences. We proceeded with the work and it was completed by Vitaly (project manager) and his crew in one day. There was some confusion around where the dump truck could be parked, but it was handled professionally, and ultimately turned out to be a nonissue. I also wish I had removed everything from our covered back deck that could be moved, which ended up covered in grime, but the guys cleaned up as best they could. 3-4 layers had to be removed from our roof and they found one piece of plywood that had to be replaced due to rot, we are very relieved that we didn't have any water damage. They also capped the chimney for us at a small extra charge. We also opted for the 2" insulation which added an additional cost to the job.

In summary, I am very pleased with the work and I would definitely hire them again. I found these reviews very helpful when choosing a company and I hope my review helps others!

Naomi in Toronto
Naomi in Toronto

Best Flat Roof.ca - exceptional service and workmanship

I am happy to write this review on behalf of Oleg, Denis and their crew because they are truly exceptional professionals. They are one of those teams of professionals that do above and beyond. Oleg and Denis were available for any question we had, prior, during and after the job was done.
We needed to replace a small flat roof; a friend just had his large flat roof done by Oleg and his crew from Best flat roof.ca, and gave a strong recommendation. We sent Oleg an e-mail on the weekend and he got back to us within hours. He offered to take on this job in a timely manner, despite the fact that it was a small project. We were extremely pleased with the outcome, and recommend Best flat roof.ca with no hesitation.
Thank you Oleg, Denis and team for a job well done.

Best Best Flat Roof

Oleg, Denis, and his entire crew provided outstanding service. Unlike a lot of trades, Oleg responds quickly to customers and always honours his word. You can get two or three other quotes for your roof project, but you'll still want to hire Oleg.

(Oleg's crew tore down a tar/gravel roof and replaced it with two-ply modified bitumen. This was a large job on 14 townhomes. The crew kept the jobsite clean and organized and communicated regularly with us. We had four quotes for this project and chose Oleg for both price and service.)

Flat Roof Replacement

Typically, I am not the kind of person who takes the time to write online reviews however in the case of Oleg and Best Flat Roof I wanted to make an exception. Oleg was impressive from the beginning by coming out right away for the quote and providing competitive pricing. The best part however came when it was time to execute on the project. The crew showed up right on time both days and completed the total flat roof replacement on my home efficiently and with excellent workmanship. I could not be more pleased with the outcome and would not hesitate to use Best Flat Roof in the future. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

KarS in Toronto
KarS in Toronto

Tar and Gravel Flat Roof Replacement on Victorian in Downtown Toronto

The flat roof of our 106 year old house started leaking in the middle of the winter. I left my contact information at the company’s web site http://www.bestflatroof.ca/free-estimate/ late at night, and received a phone call from Oleg – the owner – the next morning, before 9am. He was able to come by before 11am, inspected the roof and provided a detailed quote. He showed the samples of materials that he was recommending to install – ½” fiberboard, IKO ISO insulation, ProtectoBoard, and 2 layers of membrane- base and cap. That was similar to having a salesman showing you the samples of his products, but something was missing… The sales pressure!!! There was NONE! Neither were any offers to upgrade to more expensive options or materials. Quite contrary – he talked me out of upgrading to thicker ProtectoBoard which I was thinking about requesting.
Initially, I asked for just bare minimum amount of insulation – just enough to flatten out the low spots and to eliminate water ponding – which came to ½”-2”. More about it later…
The reasons I decided to go the Best Flat Roof are similar to those reported by other reviewers:
- Quick response and in-person inspection of the roof
- Detailed, written-down and signed explanation of what will be done
- 10 year warranty
- No sales pressure
- Great reviews by fellow reviewers
Oleg said that, weather permitting, he might be able to send in his crew sometime next week. The weather was not all that nice, and we got some more snow. I was afraid that we would be stuck with our leaky roof until spring… But he called me on Wednesday and asked if the crew could start the work the next morning. There was no snow expected on Thursday – just some freezing rain overnight – but are you sure I asked? He was very confident that the crew could go ahead. Well, I asked, and can I upgrade to 4” insulation – instead of 2”? No problem he said…
His crew started arriving shortly after 7am. One van… Then a dump truck… I thought that was it… Then a pickup truck fully loaded with insulation… By now, pretty much half of our short street was occupied by “our” trucks, and there was this great feeling that our house is turning into a large-scale construction project! But that was not it – shortly after, a huge flatbed truck arrived and started unloading more stuff with a forklift. The whole street was “ours”! A huge stack of insulation… a pallet of membrane (more than half a ton I figure…) … and what not – ended up on our driveway… That was the moment I realized that this company is capable of doing much bigger projects. No wonder they do a lot of commercial roofs. An old Victorian semi should be a piece of cake for them!
Denis – the crew boss – quickly decided the best routes for sending the materials up and the debris down, and the stuff started coming down from the roof. 4 layers of tar and gravel – 3 truck loads – came down without leaving a single scratch on our house. Also, the extension ladder with a power lift that they set up at the back was the house was carefully padded as not to damage the railing of our rooftop deck.
As the work progressed, I grew convinced that we hired the right company.
The crew worked tirelessly for 12 hours straight, and was able to clear the rooftop boards (106 year old cedar boards – still in a great shape), level out the saggy spots, fasten the insulation and the protectoboard, build a divider parapet between us and the neighbor, and cover the whole thing with a base layer of membrane – just in time, as we were expecting a freezing rain overnight.
The next morning the crew arrived at 7am and started layering the membrane and bent all the flashing (they have their own “break” – sheet-metal bending machine). After finishing the roof, the crew came down and started loading the debris into the dump truck. The truck made 2 trips that day, but there was still lots left, so they came back the next day, Saturday, and cleaned up everything.
More reasons to consider this company:
- They have their own dump truck – as opposed to some other companies just renting a bin and leaving it on your driveway until they are done (and charging you for rent). The dump truck can be moved away if need be.
- They have their own break (bending machine) – so that they fabricate any flashing on-site.
We are VERY HAPPY with their work, and already started recommending them to our friends and neighbours.

Thanks for the awesome review, Karen! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

magicvideo1 in Toronto
magicvideo1 in Toronto

Flat Roof replacement Downtown Toronto

I own a 100 year old semi in downtown Toronto with a tar and gravel roof that was in need of replacement. (I learned that it is a preferred practice to replace these roofs with a double layer of asphalt membrane). I also decided to remove an old shared chimney and needed to repair and replace some soffits , fascia, and gutters and preferred to deal with just one contractor.

After first reviewing the numerous positive reviews posted here about this company, I booked an appointment with Best Flat Roof as one of the companies that I wanted to quote for my job. I will also add that I also contacted a number of other highly rated companies here that for whatever reason do not empty their voicemail boxes , use reception or answering services that take your information but in the end , after days of waiting -never have the courtesy to even call you back. In the end I did have 3 separate quotes to chose from.

I called and made an appointment with Oleg, who is, in fact, the owner of the company. He arrived on time and gave me a detailed quote for the job . There was no pressure to sign a contract. He encouraged me to get as many quotes as I wanted . It took about a month from the initial quote until he could schedule my job due to the unseasonable wet fall. In that time you have his personal cell phone and you are able to reach him with your questions. I found Oleg to be very knowledgeable and professional.
Due to the parking restriction on my street his crew started work on a Saturday. My house has no rear access and the front has a huge maple tree and is fenced at the street meaning that 3-4 layers of old roofing had to be stripped from the house and then dropped into the front yard ; and then re -shoveled into a bin. Not an enviable task. The crew was very personable and worked extremely hard. I am very satisfied with the finished job and project came in right in on budget. If you need a flat roof replaced I would not hesitate to recommend Oleg and his company. I understand that his company works all year round and he has a number of staff with him that have worked with him for over 10 years.

The quote I received from Best Flat roofs was not only the best quote that I received, but also the company that I truly wanted to hire based on that "gut feeling" that you get.

Thank you very much !!!

Barry in Toronto
Barry in Toronto

Quick, efficient and cost effective flat roof repair

I dealt with Oleg and he came very quickly to provide a very reasonable and up front quote with no hidden charges and a great warranty for a flat roof.
I needed his team to get in within one week due to construction in our area and his team was very accommodating and work tirelessly for 3 days to ensure that their work was done as efficiently as possible without cutting corners. His final quote was exactly as he originally quoted and was without hassle.
I would definitely recommend Oleg and his team for anyone in need of efficient and effective roof repair without burning a hole in your wallet

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Accommodating and patient

After speaking with 6 roofing companies, I decided to with Oleg. He seemed most knowledgeable and understanding. We had 10k+ of damages from an ice damn leak. He suggested we add insulation, unlike half of the other roofers that just wanted to quote lower to get the job. When I showed him the recommended ratio of insulation on the inside and outside to avoid condensation, he said he doesn't recommend it but will do it at our request. The crew was timely and took off many layers off roof, and kept the mess minimal. After the job was done I noticed a part of the flashing was left exposed. After a few phone calls he had his crew fix the issue. These guys are clearly pros that deal with large scale commercial projects and can handle residential projects quickly and effectively. Now I just pray the ice dam issue is resolved.

More about Best Flat Roof.Ca

BESTFLATROOF.CA is your solution to all of your residential and commercial flat roofing needs.