Westmount Heating

Kristian in North Vancouver
Kristian in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Furnace repair

This company it great!! Very knowledgeable and professional, the work was done quickly and was of the highest caliber. Very neat and workmanlike. I highly recommend Westmount Heating!
Kristian & Barb

Gerry in Port Coquitlam in Port Coquitlam
Gerry in Port Coquitlam in Port Coquitlam

Furnace replacement

I'm a bit late with this review but one year ago Lorenzo came to look at my suddenly non-functioning 38 year old furnace. The blower motor was gone and he said it could be replaced but given the age of the furnace he would not recommend it and told me that if I wanted to do it I would have to contact another company because he could not stand behind that repair and therefore would not do it given the cost and the likelihood that something else would fail since the furnace was so old. I knew immediately that I was dealing with an honest and ethical person. Lorenzo gave me what I thought was a very reasonable price and two days later he was back and within a few hours I had a new high efficiency furnace that not only heats my house much quicker and efficiently but also has already saved me money on natural gas. Great service, honest information and reasonable costs. I would recommend Westmount to anyone who is seeking this service.

Hi Gerry, thank you for the review almost a year later! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Regan from Vancouver
Regan from Vancouver
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

furnace maintenance and repair

I had a leak in the water pump for the furnace and they were at my house very quickly. Polite ,honest,friendly and timely. I would recommend westmount for any furnace repairs or servicing.

Thankyou Regan, it was a pleasure working for you.

RoseN
RoseN
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Furnace replacement and annual service

Lorenzo replaced our furnace 4 years ago and services it every year. He is always prompt and works efficiently. Highly recommended.

Thanks for sharing this Rose and for being a loyal Westmount customer!

Alex in Vancouver
Alex in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Top Notch Service by Professionals with Integrity

Our 25 year old boiler stopped working in our 1,900 square foot home due to poor maintenance by the previous owners. When I first reached out to four HVAC companies, only half of them responded. We found Company A through Costco's referal program and the technician/saleman who came to our home for an estimate tried to upsell us on a couple of Bosch high-efficiency units ranging from $12,000-$17,000. For a mid-efficiency unit, we were quoted $8,000 which we felt was still too high. Onto company B, we were offered a mid-efficiency Slant/Fin unit for $6,000 and $5,800 for the Super Hot MG-100 but wanted a deposit up front and did not discuss about permitting. Luckily we found Homestars where we got quick responses from four top rated companies after emailing photos and details about our home and dead boiler. Company C quoted us a reasonable price on a mid-efficiency Raypak boiler, but we found out that they were not reliable.

In the end, we decided to contract Westmount Heating for several reasons. Firstly, Mirch got back to us with an assessment and estimate for a replacement Super Hot MG-100 unit at not only a reasonable, but the best rate that we found. He was super honest and didn't even upsell us especially when I mentioned that our home has presence of poly-b piping and that we were thinking of replacing that too. Mirch said that it wasn't cost-effective and that the chance of failure was relatively low, especially if we were to install a separate heat exchanger. Secondly, we read through all the positive reviews about Westmount Heating on Homestars from their previous and existing clients who continue to entrust them. Naturally, we began feeling even more confident in their services. Last but not least, we received a detailed quote from Mirch and his team the following morning which, again, was very reasonable and included permitting.

On the day of installation, Mirch was punctual and arrived a bit earlier than expected, even beating me home! He is such a friendly person on top of having high integrity which is super hard to find these days. When he inspected our dead boiler, in person for the first time, he realized that the vast majority of the piping was copper and not poly-b meaning that a heat exchanger that was initially quoted was not even necessary, saving us $1,000! It was my poor intel in the first place as the existence of poly-b was only under the sinks connecting to our hot water tank. We would easily have paid for one with our ignorance, but it's thanks to wonderful people like Mirch and the Westmount Heating team that they truly care about their clients before themselves. His brother, Laurenzo, came by later with all the parts and they worked together efficiently. The removal of the old boiler and installation of the new one was done even quicker than expected. Mirch was kind enough too to add a seismic strap to our hot water tank at no extra charge. They are so incredibly thoughtful in that they also cleaned up all the mess including the vacuuming of their shoe tracks. Even Kim went the extra mile and helped to schedule me in for the gas inspection from the City of Vancouver as a value-added service. Talk about under promise and over deliver! Everyone kept warning us to beware of shady contractors so it feels amazing that Westmount Heating is one company that is doing exceptional and honest work for their clients. We do not at all hesitate to recommend their services. We are already planning on using them again to install a gas line for our range.

(Photo 1 old vent - not up to code)
(Photo 2 dead boiler with tank full of water)
(photo 3 hot water tank - no seismic strap)
(photo 4 new vent)
(photo 5 new tank)
(photo 6 new Super Hot MG-100 boiler)
(photo 7 seismic strap added)

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience Alex. It's wonderful customers like you that make our job so pleasant!

Mitch R.
Mitch R.

furnace replacement

The installation crew arrived as scheduled. The were professional and worked quickly keeping me informed of their progress. Upon completion of the installation they cleaned up all the debris and walked me through the workings of my new furnace.

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review Mitch. Enjoy your new furnace : )

grcr in Port Coquitlam
grcr in Port Coquitlam

Replacement of existing furnace

My furnace is 30 years old and needs replacing .....
After researching and obtaining quotes various local companies on various furnaces, I chose Westmount Heating for the installation of my new furnace over other companies due to their honesty and knowledge of the products they install. Westmount was recommended to me by neighbour who had the same furnace installed a year prior.
They provided a quote with several cost options and install solutions. I found them to be extremely knowledgable, friendly and courteous.
On the day of the install, Laurenzo and his team showed up on time, completed all of the work ahead of schedule and performed more than what was stated on the quotation.
Several of my neighbours are now choosing Westmount for the install of their furnaces to be installed later this month.
Being very particular on how things are done... i would definitely recommend Laurenzo and his team at Westmount Heating for the replacement of your furnace..

We're very happy to hear your feedback and really appreciate your review. It was a pleasure to help you with your new furnace and your neighbours too!

claudia_gheorghe2002
claudia_gheorghe2002
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Furnace replacement

Professional, in time, acknowledge and friendly,
I am totally satisfied for the work provide it by Laurenzo

Thank you for the review Claudia. Happy New Year from all of us at Westmount!

Tim B in Greenwood
Tim B in Greenwood
1 review Vancouver, BC

Excellent Service, Excellent Price - Strongly Recommend

I just had a new Bosch combi boiler installed by Merch and his brother. They showed up exactly on time, were very efficient, professional and super friendly, answering all my questions and making sure I was completely happy with the job. The pricing was also excellent, about 20% less than what I was quoted by one of the big plumbing and heating firms located in Vancouver. I would whole-heartedly recommend Merch for any similar jobs.

It means alot to hear you are happy with our service. Thanks so much for writing a review Tim!

Amy from Burnaby
Amy from Burnaby
4 reviews Burnaby, BC

Routine furnace service

I contacted Westmount Heating to perform a routine service on my furnace which hadn't been serviced since 2014. Lorenzo was prompt and performed the service with no fuss. The fan on the furnace was also quite loud so he made some adjustments to hopefully lower the noise.
Lorenzo is courteous and knowledgeable. I'll certainly be contacting him next summer for an aircon service (which incidentally he also did the installation work for).

Thank you for trusting us with your heating and cooling needs Amy. We appreciate the review!

More about Westmount Heating

Westmount Heating is a fully licenced and bonded company specializing in any type of heating systems, installation and servicing from small reno's to new construction. We are dedicated to offering the best prices and best service possible to our customers.