Enbridge Gas Distribution

1 SCARBOROUGH SCARBOROUGH ON M1M3C6
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Scarborough  >  Enbridge Gas Distribution

Reviews for Enbridge Gas Distribution

My gas was shut off due to replacement of meter. I was not notified that this would be happening. I called and booked an appointment to have gas turned back on - was given the usual "4 hour window". No one showed up. Upon calling again I was given several (divergent and contradictory) stories, the most entertaining one being that a tech "came and checked the outdoor meter during the 4 hour window timeframe, confirmed that the gas was off and then left". Huh???

Now have to I have wait around AGAIN tonight during the dreaded “4 hour window”. Seems to me that since *they* messed up the customer should be given an exact time and not be forced back in to another 4 hour wait again. Appalling customer service.

twepac from Scarborough
1 review Ottawa, ON

Enbridge uses the same deceiving tactics Rogers uses. If you are familiar with Rogers Communications' constant errors with their billing system, please note that you will face the same nightmares with Enbridge. Customer Service very slow and do not seem to have any training. They make mistake after mistake and good luck talking to a supervisor.

GTA area

Terrible service. Stopped having hot water for almost a week now, called Services and each technician that they are sending out failed to finish the job.They didn't even bother looking for the ISSUE. It's the 5th technician coming in and telling me that the parts are missing, everyday they are sending us a new part to replace but another technician comes in and make an excuse saying the parts are STILL WRONG AND MISSING. Spoke with the supervisior AND FIELD MANAGER, PROMISED to send another technician in between 6-10pm, called them at 9pm and informed me that some parts ARE STILL MISSING AND THERE WON'T BE A TECHNICIAN COMING. I have seniors at home waiting for this situation to be solved. My next step is to cancel this company. Extremely disappointed, given too many chances.

Frank

It is so unfortunate that Enbridge has a monopoly on natural gas delivery. I was at my parents' house and smelled what I thought was natural gas. Called Enbridge, and the technician came within an hour which was great. However, he only came to the porch, and just said there is no gas smell. When asked if he can check the inside as well, he refused, and just said the smell is just sewer smell.
Fast forward another 2 months, after trying to find the source of this sewer smell, cleaning the whole house, we called Enbridge again. This time, the technician came with a natural gas detector right away, and it beeps so loud even at the front porch! Thank God this new technician found the leak. And he said every time a technician should be using this device to check. Because of the first technician who obviously is a complete slacker and incompetent, my parents had to breath natural gas for 2 months. What's more insulting is that when I called Enbridge to launch a complaint against the first technician, I was told I should be calling Enbridge when gas is smelled. This is a WTH moment. I did call, and I assume the technician was a professional, and when he tells me it is not natural gas, I just took his word for it. I guess I am at fault for being too naive to trust an Enbridge technician!

John McTtaggart in North york
11 reviews North York, ON

poor service contact point. poor technicians. shoddy repairs. numerous call-backs. can't read my meter . somehow this was my problem. they finally figured it out. monopoly on this type of service leaves no choice

Howard from Markham

I called Enbridge becuase my water heater had problems. Their customer call centre had great service, but the person who came to my house had one of the worst attitude. He would just come in to my house without asking and just walked into my house with his outdoor shoes. I told Him where my basement was and he just went down there. After 20 min he fixed it and just left. It's ok that he left but shouldn't he also close my door? Worst customer service ever.

Liz from Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

My hot water tank split this past summer. I had hot water all over the place. After a panic call to enbridge. They arranged to get me a new one by the next day. They were very prompt on the time they said they would be there.

Diane from Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

The representative was amazing. We were having difficulty finding the correct filter and he was very helpful advising us on the quality we should purchase, its size and where. Other tips were given to us on how to keep the air and heat going to the rooms where it was needed most.

Linn in Toronto

I've called Enbridge time and again for all our gas appliance related needs. I know they contract their services out but I have never been disappointed. Technicians are timely, courteous, and always look out for their customer's best interest.

arthur christie in Grimsby
2 reviews Grimsby, ON

For the past 25 years I have had enbridge gas to service my furnace. They are reliable and quick to come when needed. Office girls are efficient and friendly. They also installed water heater when needed.