Heart's Content Gardens

Landscape Contractors & Designers
OAKVILLE ON L6H1B6
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Oakville  >  Heart's Content Gardens

Reviews for Heart's Content Gardens

Gidi & Pina
Gidi & Pina

Landscaping to front and rear of residence

Lindsay did an amazing job. She delivered exactly what she's said she would and in two days as promised. The crew worked in hot and rainy weather and never complained. The work was done professional and it was a pleasure dealing with Hearts's content Gardens. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

You guys are lovely. Thank you so much.

ayesha from Toronto
ayesha from Toronto

Spring clean up, planting

We had just moved and the front and backyards were a bit of a mess. Since we are having a baby due May I wanted the garden cleaned up and kept simple so that the upkeep would be manageable.

Lindsay came to take a look and knew right away what I needed. She was extremely helpful and gave great suggestions.

Jamie, her husband came To implement her design and put in a lot of hard work on our garden. They took out all the dead plants, self seeding plants and weeds, Re-edged our beds, turned the soil, moved around some plants, planted new plants and mulched the gardens.

Lindsay is very patient with all my questions and is very helpful every time I text her with questions about the new plants. She even offered to help me with some weeds since it's not easy for me to bend down anymore. I really appreciate her enthusiasm for her profession and her support even after the clean up was done.

It was a pleasure working with you! This was lovely and made my day.

Bless you and your baby bump!

Susan from Oakville
Susan from Oakville

Backyard reno

I selected Lindsay and Hearts Content Gardens after my initial meeting with Lindsay. My backyard was a disaster - the only word for it - it was piles of mud, ripped out interlock pavers from the old patio that got dug up during some excavating/waterproofing work and trees that had to go. I had a vision for it though and she understood what I wanted from the beginning. While I met with a few other companies, all of whom were friendly, seemed competent and had good reviews, I just knew that Lindsay was the right person and the best choice for me. I am a hands-on gardener which was taken into account in the scope - I didn't want a cookie cutter garden that requires little to no work - I wanted something creative and different, dog-proof (well, as dog-proof as you can get) and where I can get my hands in the dirt on weekends. I also wanted extra space in the flower beds to add plants myself.
When Lindsay brought the design over we reviewed it, tweaked a few elements and agreed on the budget and the plan.
The overall design included a brand new patio, fencing down one side of the property for privacy, new sod and decorative rock &stone elements as well as the plants. Here we are, a few weeks' later and 90% of the project is complete. The patio, fence and beds are done with the majority of the plants that went in yesterday - all that remains to be done is planting 1 tree, the roses and the lawn but it is still too early for these.
Lindsay uses excellent partners (patio & fencing) who were a pleasure to work with and delivered exactly what I wanted and who cleaned up after their work was done, which is so important. Her own crew are friendly and helpful and did a fantastic job too.

I am so grateful that the team was able to get my garden sorted out so early in the season - reducing the amount of mud on doggies' paws coming into the house - and giving me a space I actually want to spend time in. I can't wait for the weather to finally warm up so I can enjoy my new, private oasis. Next year the front garden Lindsay!!

The attached photos are before and during and I will add the "finished" photos when all the elements, including sod with the embedded flagstone path have been completed in a few weeks from now.

I would not hesitate to recommend Hearts Content Gardens to anyone and I thank you Lindsay for sticking to my project budget (!), for working so patiently with me and my frequent requests for information and ideas on plants, especially the last minute inclusion of a small shrub in memory of my mother - that means the world to me.

I just saw this!! Thank you and I hope your garden is stunning this season. If you ever need any help call me :)

Emma from Oakville
Emma from Oakville

Back Yard Design

I never enjoyed going spending time in my backyard as when I moved in it was a mess. I finally decided to do something about it and hired Lindsay from Heart's Content Gardening to come in and help out. She was truly a godsend! She listened to me needs and was very respectful of the fact that I was on a tight budget. She made my garden into an oasis! We are finally ready to do the front and am so excited to have Heart's Content come back to work their magic!! Thank you Lindsay for everything you have done for our home!!

Nikki Parris  from Oakville
Nikki Parris from Oakville
1 review Milton, ON

Back yard landscaping

I am a home stager and was staging a home in Milton which needed a lot of back yard care! Lindsay was referred to me by a landscaping company that was unable to help me at that time. They promised I wouldn't be disappointed and they were right! When I met Lindsay I knew right away that she was the right person. She knew exactly what I wanted and made it happen within the home owners budget. She was very easy to deal with and was quick and efficient. I would not hesitate recommending Lindsay and will definitely hire her and her team for any future projects I might have. The house in Milton sold within 2 days at record price! So thanks Lindsay!!

I am always here to help :)

city garden

I had a 10x10 deck installed, stone path, grasses, perennial flowers and vines planted. I wanted a low maintenance and private city garden. Lindsay was professional, on budget and the work was completed on time. She worked with my concerns, listened and followed through with everything we discussed. I'm happy with the work, I would recommend and hire Lindsay again.

Thank you! Please feel free to contact me anytime for anything else I can help you with.

corbett from Mississauga
corbett from Mississauga

landscaping

Highly unsatisfied with excessive prices, excuses, inexperience, and lack of follow-up despite Lindsay's verbiage. Planted with burlap bags & wire mesh - initially denied - and later with extensive loss of products. Definitely not recommended.

Eileen,

As you know I had a baby 2 weeks before your install and asked Brian from another company to do the work. When we realized the issues I didn't charge any labour for the work and have been trying to get in contact with the arborist to review the situation. I will always stand by my word that I will rectify whatever I need when we can. I hope that you know I am always available to talk about the plans for next season. The trees are all doing well and I hope they will continue to be ok next season as well.

Vicky Flett from Oakville
Vicky Flett from Oakville

Landscaping

Lindsay Landscaped our back garden last year and she and her team did such a wonderful job that we had them back this year to do our front garden and front walkway
Lindsay was able to help us figure out what we wanted as we are not gardeners! She is punctual and able to make things happen- Her crew that did our front walkway were meticulous
She is extremely friendly and is always available to answer any questions or just pop over

Lidia from Oakville
Lidia from Oakville

Landscaping, backyard and front

I hired Lindsay to complete landscaping in my front yard and backyard. She did an amazing job, and completed it on time, and within our agreed upon budget. Lindsay really impressed me and stood out from her competitors when I was initially researching different vendors and obtaining quotes. Not only is she very cost efficient and willing to work around your budget to accommodate your needs, but she's also very creative, knowledgeable, and provides excellent customer service. For example, even though my front and backyard have been complete for months, I still continue to reach out to Lindsay to ask her questions about my garden, and I can always count on her to continue providing me with great advice. I would highly recommend Lindsay and her outstanding expertise to anyone who is interested in landscaping and gardening services. You won't be disappointed.

Catherine  from Oakville
Catherine from Oakville

Landscaping

We moved to our house a year ago and inherited a mature garden that we didn't know how to manage or develop. The moment she saw our backyard, Lindsay had a clear vision on how to further enhance its beauty and privacy. Lindsay is creative, enthusiastic, knowledgable, timely and an overall pleasure to work with. We are delighted with the first phase of the garden design which Lindsay implemented and look forward to working with her again soon on phase two.