North Durham Appliance

KMacRae in Oshawa
KMacRae in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Repair of 16 year old stove

I have a 16 year old Kenmore stove that I bought new. This is the first repair I have had to do on it. The oven blew out one evening, scaring all of us and blowing the main breaker. I emailed Kevin the next day and received an overnight response to set up an appointment in two days.
Kevin was able to tell me it wasn't the oven; it was the main control board behind the clock. He told me I could still use the rest of the stove, but not the oven and there was no danger of fire. He was also able to tell me that my stove was manufactured by Frigidaire and he was able to order a replacement part. This was on a Friday. By the following Wednesday he was back with the part at the arranged time and was able to repair my stove in about 15 minutes. My stove now has two functions it hadn't had since I bought it, which I thought was a trifle funny. Obviously, there had been a problem since day one.
I am impressed with Kevin's professionalism, his promptness and his expertise. I highly recommend his company for major appliance services.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to provide your feedback. We are so pleased we were able to meet your expectations and get your appliance back on track. Thank you for your business and kind words.

Repair of KitchenAid Gas Range

I was highly impressed by the respectful way this company treats their customers, and by the pride this company takes in their work and reputation.
I submitted an email request for repair stating that my gas oven was not preheating or maintaining heat properly. I received a call the next morning and was set up with an appointment within a week. I could not be there when the technician came and unfortunately the problem did not repeat itself while he was there so he calibrated the temperature. I sent another request to let them know the problem was still not fixed and gave a long description of the issue. Again I couldn't be present when the technician came a second time so I left a note explaining what I thought may have caused damage to the electronic components. Unfortunately, this caused a misunderstanding and two temperature sensors on the range top were switched. I was not charged for this visit, however my problem with the oven was still not fixed.
I sent another email request to let them know the problem was still not fixed and that I thought there was a misunderstanding. The owner called the following morning and we had a long discussion about what happened during the visit and what was wrong with the oven. The owner himself came to make the repairs and this time the problem was fixed. I was not charged for this visit either.
I cannot put into words how grateful I am to North Durham Appliance for the dedication, skill and fairness with which they conduct their business and treat their customers.

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased your issue has been resolved. Your happiness and satisfaction are very important to us.

G. Thomson in Keswick
G. Thomson in Keswick
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Oven Repair

Our gas stove was not working so I gave them a call. They were referred to us by a friend who was very happy with them. Great service. I will certainly call them again if we have other appliance problems in the future.

Thank you for taking time to Review our service. We are happy we could have helped with your Gas Appliance needs. Thank you for your business.

Rob in Oshawa
Rob in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Washing Machine issue

Emailed before they opened , received a call within minutes of store opening, was given the option of two times for the service call.
The service man called on the morning of the service call to confirm
He showed up on time , removed his shoes
Went to work , intermittent problem but he felt it was as he said, fixed the washer and did advise it may be fine or it may be the timer
He told me the price of the timer and advised me it would probably
be better just to get a new machine
It was the way a service call should have been.
Would use and recommend them to anyone wanting honest prompt service

Thank you for your review Rob. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and your business and satisfaction is our top priority. We are pleased to have satisfied your needs and look forward to servicing your appliances in the future.

Jessica from Whitby
Jessica from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Fridge Repair

Our Freezer drain had been clogged for a while. Ice was building up in the freezer and leaking on my hardwood flooring. In fear of what it would cost we put it off and continued to clear and clean out the ice. A few weeks ago our Ice-maker stopped working, as we only purchased the fridge 5 years ago we were quite frustrated so I called for a few quotes.

North Durham Appliance was great to deal with, explained the issue over the phone and even gauged how long it would take. The technician was on time and very knowledgeable. Everything is working great now.

They were not the cheapest rate we received but seemed most knowledgeable and friendly.

Thank you Jessica for taking time to provide your honest feedback. We are pleased to have been able to meet your needs and gain your business.

Shane in Pickering
Shane in Pickering
7 reviews Pickering, ON

Oven Issues

I hired North Durham to fix my oven in October 2017 . Oven was not keeping a proper temperature and would overheat. I could buy a new one but I wanted to try and fix it. They did fix it and it's still working six months later. They did a good job and the service was great. No issues at all. Fair price and great service.

We appreciate you review Shane and are pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your business.

Dave in Oshawa in Oshawa
Dave in Oshawa in Oshawa
10 reviews Oshawa, ON

dryer repair

Dryer was making a high pitched seal and that initiated a call to North Durham Appliances. I phoned Monday even after hours, with a request for a service call. They returned my call Tus day morning. Kevin showed up Wednesday. .identified the problem immediately and had it fixed quickly.

Response time was excellent and Kevin was a real professional.

Very pleased and will pass this company along to family and friends.

Thanks for the excellent service.

Thank you so much. We appreciate taking the time to provide your feedback. Your opinion means a lot and your business is most appreciated.

P. Martell from Pickering
P. Martell from Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Repair Whirlpool Refrigerator

We reported a problem with our fridge to North Durham Appliance late in the afternoon and it was fixed by 1:00 p.m. next day. (North Durham Appliance was recommended to us by Paddy's Market). Chris, the serviceman, was able to diagnose and repair the fridge in 1.5 hours. He knew that it could be one of three issues so came prepared with the possible parts needed. He was thorough and professional and did contact us at the assigned times. We would not hesitate to recommend and use North Durham Appliance in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your feedback but most importantly we appreciate your business.

Shelley in Oshawa
Shelley in Oshawa
4 reviews Oshawa, ON

Fixed my dryer!!

I called North Durham Appliance as I would for ANY appliance repair I have. Again, they not only met my expectations but exceeded them!! When I noticed my dryer had no heat, I called immediately and was assured someone would be there the very next day! Kevin came by to have a look and was knowledgeable, friendly and quick. He told me what the issue was and that he had to order the part. He advised me it would be fixed Thursday afternoon. Here we are Thursday afternoon and I am back to doing laundry!!
Thank you Kevin and North Durham Appliance for fixing my issue quickly and being more than reasonable with your pricing!!!

Thank you Shelley for taking time out of your day to review your service experience. I am so pleased we met your expectations. Thank you for your kind words and feedback but most importantly for your business.

Catherine in Scarborough
Catherine in Scarborough

Appliance Repair - Refrigerator

Our refrigerator only a few years old always had a problem with maintaining the fridge temperature and emitted a noise which was at times bothersome. When I contacted the manufacturer about a year ago, I was advised this was normal. The fridge stopped cooling and I called North Durham Appliance because of their ratings and comments on Home Stars. The technician, Chris, arrived in the time frame promised and determined the problem quickly. Chris also double checked to see if the warranty was still valid. A part needed to be ordered and was installed within a couple of days. I have to say that our refrigerator seems to be working better than new. Since Chris did the repair the temperature stays even and there is absolutely no noise. I am very impressed with the service, knowledge and reasonable price. I would highly recommend this company and will definitely use them in the future for all my appliance issues. I have also recommended them to colleagues and friends.

Thank you Catherine for taking time to review our company. We are so pleased Chris was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and referrals but most importantly your business.

More about North Durham Appliance

“Serving Durham Since 1987. Professional Service. Professional Results.”

For over 30 years, North Durham Appliance Inc has provided fast, honest and reliable appliance maintenance and repair throughout the Durham Region . Together, our team bring well over 30 years of experience in the industry. Our experienced, certified and background checked technicians will have your refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer, oven, range, or over the range microwave functioning like new as quickly as possible. All of our work is guaranteed, and we are fully insured.

We have done extensive work with Whirlpool®, Inglis®, Jenn-Air®, KitchenAid®,Amana and Maytag brands, and will handle most brands with expertise.Both electric and gas as we are certified to handle gas appliances and are registered with the TSSA.

The next time you need an appliance repair trust North Durham Appliance – know who’s coming into your home!