HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Oshawa  >  NORTH DURHAM APPLIANCE

Reviews for NORTH DURHAM APPLIANCE

Catherine in Scarborough

Our refrigerator only a few years old always had a problem with maintaining the fridge temperature and emitted a noise which was at times bothersome. When I contacted the manufacturer about a year ago, I was advised this was normal. The fridge stopped cooling and I called North Durham Appliance because of their ratings and comments on Home Stars. The technician, Chris, arrived in the time frame promised and determined the problem quickly. Chris also double checked to see if the warranty was still valid. A part needed to be ordered and was installed within a couple of days. I have to say that our refrigerator seems to be working better than new. Since Chris did the repair the temperature stays even and there is absolutely no noise. I am very impressed with the service, knowledge and reasonable price. I would highly recommend this company and will definitely use them in the future for all my appliance issues. I have also recommended them to colleagues and friends.

Thank you Catherine for taking time to review our company. We are so pleased Chris was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and referrals but most importantly your business.

Chandran, Pickering, ON
4 reviews Pickering, ON

I called them as part of warranty - dishwasher tub was not filing - they were on time- courteous and fixed the problem and proactively fixed another problem - recognising that the main panel was glowing eer so dimly even when off..service technician was called Lucas.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your review and especially your business.

Al Dobbin  in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Fast friendly service explained the issue with the machine back up and running. Highly recommend this company for any kind of appliance repair. A.....for service and that's hard to find sometimes.

Thank you Al for your review. Your feedback and business are most appreciated.

Rico from Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

I called North Durham Appliance based on reviews in Homestars. I described my problem on the phone and they scheduled that Chris would be calling me in the morning to setup the visit. This Company was very prompt in scheduling. Chris came on time as scheduled. He already had the dryer part on hand and repaired the dryer very quickly. He even cleaned the dryer of lint as it was accumulating inside the dryer, which may become a fire hazard. This service was two months ago already and my dryer is still working perfectly.

This month, I called North Durham Appliance again to repair my fridge as it was not cooling properly. Again, the repair was scheduled promptly. This time, Kevin visited us on time - he diagnosed and repaired my fridge very quickly. He even recommended steps to ensure the problem does not recur in the future.

Glad I have found a reliable repair company that provides great service and reasonable rates!

Thank you Rico for taking time out of you day to provide your feedback on both our company and technicians. I am Pleased that Chris and Kevin were able to take care of your issues in a prompt timely manor. We appreciate your words but mostly your continued business.

Rob Rob in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Submitted oven repair request to North Durham Appliance online and an appointment was booked within days while also accommodating my request for as early in the morning as possible. Kevin called early in the morning on the day of the appointment, arrived on time, and quickly made the repairs. Great service overall and would definitely recommend.

Thank you Rob. I am pleased we were able to meet you needs and appreciate your review and kind words.

Keith S.
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Noticed oven not heating to temperature setting. Settled on North Durham Appliances through HomeStars reviews. Were quick to respond to my request for service and arranged appointment to my satisfaction within less than two days of my request. Service person determined the problem as a burned out element and quickly replaced it. Would certainly consider this company for any future appliance problems

Thank you Keith for sharing your experience. We appreciate your review and your business.

KimberlyG

These guys have been great, I usually ask for Chris and I recommend him to anyone who has need of appliance service. The office is well run and the office manager is very efficient at getting back to you and booking you in as quickly as possible.
I have never had a sense that I was being railroaded, I trust Chris to give an honest assessment and get the job done at a reasonable price. I will have them fix any of my appliances. the only ones I will call.

We appreciate your words and continued business. Your opinion means a lot to us. Thank you for taking the time to review our company and staff.

Sanj in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

My fridge was freezing all the food and the water dispenser was starting to crack plus a minor stove issue. I called and they came over, assessed the problem and although they didn't have a full estimate I asked if the price would be anywhere near purchasing a new fridge. They assured me it would not and would let me know the cost and when they would be back. Sure enough, call came within a day or so and the price was amazing, way less then even thinking about buying a new fridge. They told me when they were coming, arrived early and everything works great. Highly, recommend these folks to anyone in the Durham area. Thank you so much.

Thank you Sanj for taking time out of your day to provide your feedback. We appreciate you kind words and especially your business.

Christian
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Dryer hasn't been working for nearly 2 week. Called last week on Thursday and they booked a guy on Monday the 20th. Got a call from them around 830am. Saying the tech will be there between 930 and 1030am.

Kevin showed up at pretty much exactly 930.
No word of a lie, it literally took him maybe 5 mins to find the root cause. A blown fuse that monitor the dryer so it doesn't overheat. He had the part in his truck. Took him about 30 mins or so to change it and he tested it and it worked fine. He told me to go check my vent, to make sure it was blowing and not plugged. Sure enough the thing was partially plugged! I likely would never have noticed this!

Overall I'm super happy with the service. The quick turn around time for the repair and the cost of the repair was affordable!

I would very much recommend this company for any and all your appliances repairs!

Christian thank you very much for taking time to provide a review. We appreciate your time and business.

Mark
11 reviews Whitby, ON

Washer repair. Came back from vacation with a ton of laundry to find the washer not draining Called North Durham appliance on a Sunday afternoon and they were here first thing Monday morning and fixed it up in no time Would definitely recommend and use their services again

Thank you Mark for your review. We are pleased to have been able to assist you. We appreciate you review and business. Thank you for choosing North Durham Appliance.

More about NORTH DURHAM APPLIANCE

“Serving Durham Since 1987. Professional Service. Professional Results.”

For over 25 years, North Durham Appliance Inc has provided fast, honest and reliable appliance maintenance and repair throughout the Durham Region . Together, our team bring well over 30 years of experience in the industry. Our experienced, certified and background checked technicians will have your refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer, oven, range, or over the range microwave functioning like new as quickly as possible. All of our work is guaranteed, and we are fully insured.

We have done extensive work with Whirlpool®, Inglis®, Jenn-Air®, KitchenAid®, and Maytag brands, and will handle most brands with expertise.Both electric and gas as we are certified to handle gas appliances and are registered with the TSSA.

The next time you need an appliance repair trust North Durham Appliance – know who’s coming into your home!