Mold Insight Inc.

Formerly Sean Moss Home and Mold Inspections
Mold Detection & Removal
14 9088 Jones Road Richmond BC V6Y 4G9

Best of 2019 winner 7 timesBest of 2019winner 7 times

Reviews for Mold Insight Inc.

A L In Vancouver from Vancouver
A L In Vancouver from Vancouver

Mold Inspection

Assisted Review

Sean came by our home to investigate for evidence of possible mold due to a past leak. He also brought in his mold sniffing dog to help him with the inspection. After the investigation, we found out that there was in fact mold in a few locations, which was confirmed by Sean after his dog was able to point out the exact locations. Sean gave us great advice on how to deal with the problem and tips for preventing any such issues from happening in the future. We were very happy with the work that Sean and his dog did for us and would definitely call on him again.

Hi A L. I am very lucky to have such a well trained and skilled partner in my Dog Marni. Mold can be a serious issue, especially here in Vancouver, which is one of the reasons I decided to specialize in mold. Thanks for posting your comments, I sincerely appreciate it. As with an inspection, knowing about how to deal with it and help prevent it will certainly make it easier to manage. Check out my blog for more tips or call me. Take care... Sean

Eugene from Richmond
Eugene from Richmond
2 reviews Richmond, BC

Home Inspection

Sean's a great guy to work with. Timely and most importantly he cares. I had him inspect a home we were about to purchase and he basically spent almost 5 hours solid walking through the place. checking, testing and probing. Post inspection, he walked me, literally, through the potential problem areas and gave good advise and tips on prevention and correction, which was very much appreciated. Since the inspection I've called on Sean a few times with questions and he has been magnificent with the follow ups, despite his schedule. Thanks Sean!

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts on the inspection. Older homes can be more challenging to inspect and at times, take longer to go through. Just as learning about the current condition of the home is important, so too is understanding how to deal with maintenance issues for the future. I am happy to provide that as well as help you when you need it after the inspection. All the best, Sean.

Connie from Vancouver
Connie from Vancouver
4 reviews Vancouver, BC

Condo Inspection

My husband and I were impressed with Sean's professionalism and thoroughness. His detailed report (with photos) included the condo suite and the structural integrity of the building. He also did a walk through with us and answered any questions we had. With this information in hand, we felt confident making an offer on a condo suite in a building that is in good condition. Thank you, Sean!

Thank you Connie for your kind words. I hope you enjoy the condo and wish you all the best! Sean

Sally from Vancouver
Sally from Vancouver

burnaby house inspection

Sean is very professional. We had our new house inspected by him. He was on time and explained everything clearly. Report with pictures was provided the day after. I would recommend him to others.

Hi Sally, thank you for taking the time to share your comments, it is appreciated. It was nice to go through the inspection with you as well. I am always happy to help you out if you need me. Regards, Sean

Inessa Rubin from Burnaby
Inessa Rubin from Burnaby
4 reviews Burnaby, BC

We hired Sean for home inspection before purchasing a house

Sean is very good, we used him as home inspector and were impressed. He is Best of 2011 as per Customer Review in Vancouver in Home Inspection Category. We confirm that he is details oriented and very dedicated to provide great service. He sent an email with all the details, answered on every question. After inspection we refused to buy the house that looked good but was in very poor conditions. Sean helped us to do not make poor investment. Later on I contacted Sean as my network contact to get his refetrence on other services. I trusted his references.

Hello Inessa, thank you for your kind comments and support. It is much appreciated. I am always happy to help if you need it. Take care! Sean

l cee from Vancouver
l cee from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Home Inspection

These guys rock! They inspected my house when I was contemplating whether or not to buy it. They thoroughly inspected everywhere, and to this day I haven't had any problems with my house. I highly recommend this company to people looking for house inspectors!

I cee, I appreciate your review and recommendations about my work. If you ever need anything, I'll be around to help you out. Take care and enjoy the home. Sean

Adam from Vancouver
Adam from Vancouver

Condo inspection

Sean Moss was on-time, extremely thorough and polite. Most importantly he explained everything to my fiance and I and documented it all in a digital file that he sent to us the next morning. I would recommend Sean to anyone looking for a home inspection and an honest opinion. He takes pride in his work and it really shows.

Hi Adam, thank you for sharing your experience here. I appreciate your comments. I hope you enjoy the condo and wish you all the very best.
Sean

Yisrael from Richmond
Yisrael from Richmond
3 reviews Richmond, BC

Townhouse Inspection

My wife and I hired Sean to inspect a Townhouse we were looking to purchase. Sean was extremely well organized and conducted a very thorough inspection. He took the time to explain every detail to me about what he was doing. His final report was easy to read and colour coded which made it user friendly. Thanks to his inspection we were alerted to some very alarming concerns. I will definitely hire him for our next inspection. He is the best!

Hi Yisrael, thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you like my report format, and that I was able to help you with your decision. I am always happy to help. All the best... Sean

Raymond from Vancouver
Raymond from Vancouver
3 reviews , BC

Home inspection

I hired Sean based on the reviews on Yelp and this site. He was very friendly and courteous when I called to inquire about his service and whether I would need a inspection for a condo.

There was never pressure from him to hire for his service and I felt very comfortable during the first conversation. Due to the quick subject removal requirement on the property, Sean was able to make the time to perform the inspection within two days.

Sean showed up on time and was very informative about what he was doing each step of the way. Unlike the inspector I hired perviously, Sean kept me engaged about what is necessary to maintain the upkeep of the place and other useful info to keep everything up to safety standard.

I felt really bad because the property is in downtown and Sean parked his car on the street, which ended up running past the meter time. Luckily he did not get a ticket. But he showed real integrity and professionalism by not rushing through the job at any point in time.

Following the inspection, I had some doubts about the Engineer's summary for the property due to the jargons used and I phoned up Sean for help. He went out of his way to phone me back within two hours to explain all the terms and offered to assist me with more support, if I needed it.

I really appreciated Sean's service and would highly recommend him as a home inspector. :)

Raymond

Hi Raymond, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was able to convince the parking control officer not to ticket me. He was in a good mood or something, but regardless, I got a lucky break and I'm going with it!. I really enjoy helping people and love the challenge of my job. Take care... Sean

Alan Lee from Vancouver
Alan Lee from Vancouver

Prepurchase home inspection

My wife and I hired Sean to prior to the purchase of our first home. He took the time to explain things to me and answer my concerns during our first phone conversation. During the inspection, Sean was meticulous and thorough and did a fantastic job explaining current as well as potential issues within the home. Because of Sean's diligence, we were able to renegotiate the price and save thousands of dollars.

Hello Alan, I appreciate your comments. Glad that to hear that you were satisfied with the outcome of your purchase decision. I wish you and your wife the very best. Let me know if and when you ever have any questions. Thank you, Sean

More about Mold Insight Inc.

As a former home inspection company, we have gained considerable insight on how homes and buildings are constructed and the vulnerabilities they possess when it comes to moisture ingress and mold.

Although we have been busy helping our clients with mold and home inspections since 2011, we have focused our business to provide the following:

- Mold Inspections ~ Checking the property for mold/related issues and pin-pointing the mold source(s)
- Mold Testing ~ Testing the air quality for mold/taking physical swab and or bulk samples to a Microbial lab for analysis and a report
- Consulting ~ Asking key questions and advising people on how to understand mold and the best ways remove to and or prevent mold.