MGS Cleaning Solutions

Toronto ON M3J2P1
HomeStars  >  Window & Gutter Cleaning in North York  >  MGS Cleaning Solutions

Reviews for MGS Cleaning Solutions

Terrible experience

I purchased two Groupons for MGS to clean my eaves and windows. They booked the first apppointment, and pushed it back. They were great with communication - telling me why it was pushed back, etc. They then kept pushing appointments back until the Groupons were no longer valid (even though they said they would honour all Groupons since they were the ones rescheduling the appointment). However, after the Groupons expired, there was no more communication. No messages I have left have been answered, and they still have the money spent on the Groupons.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Window and eaves cleaning

I had order window and eaves cleaning.
They rescheduled initially and then didn’t show up on the second date.
I left several messages, no return calls and no refunds.
I paid in advance hopefully I at least get a refund.
Real waste of time.

Arlene in North York
Arlene in North York

Window cleaning sham

I booked a window cleaning with this company in April. Supposed to be completed June 21st, as this was the earliest appointment that I could get. No one showed up, I have messaged them twice with no response. Still waiting for some action, as I had to wait 2 months for an appointment, and then I’m out of pocket with no work done. Very disappointed in this company.

Do not use this company-Did not complete any work and lead me on and kept changing dates and marked my groupon completed with No work done

Did not complete any work and lead me on and kept changing dates and marked my groupon completed .......But No work was done. I complained to them directly multiple times, and they were calm and just rescheduled again until they marked it complete without any work being done one time, and told me they were cleaned, but we were home and nobody ever came to our house and I sent them pictures of dirty windows to prove nobody came. They are a BS company

HORRIBLE JOB, Just spent 2 minutes on the roof and disappear without doing anythig

They did horrible job. They came on site went on roof for 2 minutes and disappear from the site. I purchase the deal directly from the company and paid $174.00 for flush wash of eves. I requested to come again and do cleaning properly. They gave me 35 days later appointment. After 35 days again they came for two minutes and disappear from the site without doing anything. Please don't buy any deal from them, they are just after your money.

S in Thornhill
S in Thornhill

Terrible Customer Service

We had our windows cleaned by this company and while they were here we heard a Big Bang noise and watched the one employee go and see what happened and then came back to clean windows. Shortly after we went outside to find all of our pool plumbing snapped off on both ends and laying on the ground. Mark came out to look at it and said his staff denied it but he is a fair guy and to send him the invoice to get it fixed. We sent the invoice ans after 2 phone calls and 3 emails, Mark is now denying to reimburse us for anything, saying his insurance won’t pay so he isn’t either and that his guys didn’t break anything. Meanwhile, there are two windows on our two storey home directly above our pool pump and heater. Our pool is one year old and it would be difficult to have pvc pipe snap at both ends but Mark still denies that a ladder leaning could cause this. 800$ to have our windows cleaned was not in our budget this year that’s for sure!! I would never recommend this company to anyone due to their dishonesty and poor customer service.

Chris Perez from Toronto
Chris Perez from Toronto

Seasonal eavestrough cleaning

I paid in full for the service upon booking eavestrough cleaning for my 2.5 storey home, including porches and garage. I was immediately given a service week & told that I would receive an email confirming the exact date within that week.

The week in question, no one came. I emailed at the end of the week, and only then was told that my week had changed to the following week.

On the day the service was scheduled, their team arrived. They set up a ladder in the front, and climbed up with a couple of buckets. Literally 9 minutes later they had already come back down and departed from my home. I had someone at home just in case, and they reported that the crew didn't ask to go to the backyard or laneway (even though we paid extra to ensure that the eaves to our back porch and garage were also cleaned).

The crew didn't knock on our door to alert us of any issues, nor did I receive any phone calls to alert me that the work couldn't be done. Within 9 minutes, poof, gone.

Upset, I called Groupon to request a refund. I then contacted the vendor directly via email to request a refund for the additional portion I paid them directly. I received a phone call from their owner Mark Springall berating me for calling Groupon, insisting that their crew did a good job (within 9 minutes!) and refusing to refund me. A little later, he admitted that his crew couldn't clean the upper eaves because there were gutter guards. He didn't explain why they didn't clean the easily accessible and unguarded eaves just above the main floor and why his crew didn't call me, or him, before leaving. He also threatened to complain about me to Groupon and to have me "blacklisted." He was quite threatening.

The photos included here were taken AFTER their purported work, and are for areas within 8 feet of the ground! Clearly they weren't cleaned at all.

I replied to the owner by email giving him a second chance to admit that his crew did a poor job and to refund me. I even shared these photos with him and invited him to share his crew's photos with me, which he never did, likely because they don't exist. He continues to refuse a refund.

Substandard Window and Eavestrough Cleaning Services

Like the previous reviewers, we too bought Groupon discount coupons to clean our windows and eavestrough. We too waited a long time for the service team to come and when they finally came, windows were cleaned poorly (with streak marks all over and some not cleaned). We could not tell about our upper eavestrough but the lower eavestrough was untouched for the Christmas ribbon from last December is still there among the leaves. When I complained, a person called Mark responded saying that his pictures from his own crew showed it is cleaned. Not sure what picture he is looking at but he does not appear to be looking at mine or he cares enough to inspect the problem onsite personally. It just shows how biased his vantage point and service level are. This is a discounted service indeed, i.e. discounted = substandard! Buyer beware.

Do not pay up front!! Not completed any work

Paid initially for a groupon to clean the windows (back in April), paid an additional $70 for cleaning screens and skylights. They did not show up on the day scheduled and then told me they will not clean either windows or screens unless I pay a third time for "interior access" or I remove all the screens and leave them outside!? Horrible customer service and despite agreeing to a refund in early July - no refund and work completed!! Avoid this company

Joseph, Brampton
Joseph, Brampton

MGS Cleaning Solutions - 30 pane window cleaning - HORRIBLE SERVICE

Horrible service. Purchased a 30 pane cleaning on Groupon. Service was scheduled over two months out (that gives the company enough time to claim payment from Groupon) and they ask for taxes and a payment processing surcharge with extensive documentation. Team never showed up on the schedule date and did not provide a response until I followed up. When they showed up a week later they sneaked away after only completing 2 panes. When they were stopped they suggested that I contact the office to purchase additional service to get the best result. After a couple of attempts to get the service completed Mark indicated that he would not have his team complete the service and that I should follow up with Groupon for a refund. Groupon refused to refund my money. I am now out of pocket for the service and at the end of the season with no window panes washed. Horrible service.