MGS Cleaning Solutions

Reviews for MGS Cleaning Solutions

Chris Perez from Toronto
Chris Perez from Toronto

Seasonal eavestrough cleaning

I paid in full for the service upon booking eavestrough cleaning for my 2.5 storey home, including porches and garage. I was immediately given a service week & told that I would receive an email confirming the exact date within that week.

The week in question, no one came. I emailed at the end of the week, and only then was told that my week had changed to the following week.

On the day the service was scheduled, their team arrived. They set up a ladder in the front, and climbed up with a couple of buckets. Literally 9 minutes later they had already come back down and departed from my home. I had someone at home just in case, and they reported that the crew didn't ask to go to the backyard or laneway (even though we paid extra to ensure that the eaves to our back porch and garage were also cleaned).

The crew didn't knock on our door to alert us of any issues, nor did I receive any phone calls to alert me that the work couldn't be done. Within 9 minutes, poof, gone.

Upset, I called Groupon to request a refund. I then contacted the vendor directly via email to request a refund for the additional portion I paid them directly. I received a phone call from their owner Mark Springall berating me for calling Groupon, insisting that their crew did a good job (within 9 minutes!) and refusing to refund me. A little later, he admitted that his crew couldn't clean the upper eaves because there were gutter guards. He didn't explain why they didn't clean the easily accessible and unguarded eaves just above the main floor and why his crew didn't call me, or him, before leaving. He also threatened to complain about me to Groupon and to have me "blacklisted." He was quite threatening.

The photos included here were taken AFTER their purported work, and are for areas within 8 feet of the ground! Clearly they weren't cleaned at all.

I replied to the owner by email giving him a second chance to admit that his crew did a poor job and to refund me. I even shared these photos with him and invited him to share his crew's photos with me, which he never did, likely because they don't exist. He continues to refuse a refund.

Substandard Window and Eavestrough Cleaning Services

Like the previous reviewers, we too bought Groupon discount coupons to clean our windows and eavestrough. We too waited a long time for the service team to come and when they finally came, windows were cleaned poorly (with streak marks all over and some not cleaned). We could not tell about our upper eavestrough but the lower eavestrough was untouched for the Christmas ribbon from last December is still there among the leaves. When I complained, a person called Mark responded saying that his pictures from his own crew showed it is cleaned. Not sure what picture he is looking at but he does not appear to be looking at mine or he cares enough to inspect the problem onsite personally. It just shows how biased his vantage point and service level are. This is a discounted service indeed, i.e. discounted = substandard! Buyer beware.

Do not pay up front!! Not completed any work

Paid initially for a groupon to clean the windows (back in April), paid an additional $70 for cleaning screens and skylights. They did not show up on the day scheduled and then told me they will not clean either windows or screens unless I pay a third time for "interior access" or I remove all the screens and leave them outside!? Horrible customer service and despite agreeing to a refund in early July - no refund and work completed!! Avoid this company

Joseph, Brampton
Joseph, Brampton

MGS Cleaning Solutions - 30 pane window cleaning - HORRIBLE SERVICE

Horrible service. Purchased a 30 pane cleaning on Groupon. Service was scheduled over two months out (that gives the company enough time to claim payment from Groupon) and they ask for taxes and a payment processing surcharge with extensive documentation. Team never showed up on the schedule date and did not provide a response until I followed up. When they showed up a week later they sneaked away after only completing 2 panes. When they were stopped they suggested that I contact the office to purchase additional service to get the best result. After a couple of attempts to get the service completed Mark indicated that he would not have his team complete the service and that I should follow up with Groupon for a refund. Groupon refused to refund my money. I am now out of pocket for the service and at the end of the season with no window panes washed. Horrible service.

Ed from Ajax
Ed from Ajax
5 reviews Ajax, ON

Took money, didn't show up; terrible company

I found this company via Groupon which I now realize was my first mistake. Went through an extensive documentation process (I think my new car purchases required fewer forms) to set up an appointment for Dryer Vent Cleaning. Date and time were confirmed via email. I got the laundry room ready, pulled out the dryer (its almost built in), took time off work (for this and other errands). Waited. Called - was promised that someone would show up. They didn't. Company then would not answer calls later in the day. I read elsewhere that they had cancelled many window cleaning appointments in May due to weather. In the past I have had other companies that needed to show up late or change appt dates. It's inconvenient but sometimes things happen. But they always called or sent an email or did something to reschedule. Despicable company. Takes your money ahead of time and then doesn't perform the work. Won't respond.

Company finally said that they 'attended my house' but no one answered. I told them I was home and I have security cameras. They then said they went to the wrong house!

If they can't find a large house with an address (and they also have a picture of the house!) then how can they find the lint in your dryer.

Trust me, not worth the hassle. Won't refund money. Had to go to credit card company to get the charge reversed.

evesthrough cleaning -wait 2-4 months for the service

bought service on groupon.
they are able to schedule only in 2 months ahead, in 1 month before the service they cancel your invoice and require you to re schedule for 2 months later, because apparantly they want you to pay an extra 12$ taxes right away at booking and if you forgot then your invoice is cancelled. and so wait 4 months for service.
The customer service was rude.
To my opinion they don't worth the money to buy the service from them. pick someone else.

Sharon C.
Sharon C.
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

I Can See!

While Mother Nature may have been raining on the original work date ib late April, the MGS crew arrived on May 19 and did a spectacular job on all my windows. Every last piece of window glass is now sparkling - and they were all hand washed. No one came to my door asking to have the outside faucet turned or power washed the windows from 10 feet away. The only problem I have is now I have to wash the inside ones to match! I will definitely be using them again. Thanks, MGS!

Do NOT Use this company

Bought groupon - arranged for extra cleaning but problem with etransfer so they cancelled booking. When complained that I had already paid over 50%; therefore, they should not have cancelled booking I was told they would not clean my windows and I should get money back from Groupon.

This is the worst customer service I have ever received.

Anatoli
Anatoli

Windows cleaning 3rd year in a row... - Satisfied

Very satisfied with service. Gentle, professional, respectable. Using them for the last THREE years - newer had an issue or problem. Will definitely use again and again. 100% satisfied. Thanks for your service.

l_fradkin in Toronto, Ontario
l_fradkin in Toronto, Ontario

Dryer Duct Cleaning-Fast and Knowledgeable

We purchased this service on Groupon. The online booking system was thorough and easy to use, and Mark and his team arrived on time. They cleaned our ducts quickly and effectively, and gave recommendations on how to improve our system. We did not encounter any of the problems described in some of the reviews here, and would gladly use them again.