I've contacted Works For You to mount 2 televisions and install a cable outlet in one of our bedrooms. I've dealt with a few suppliers as I've upgraded a few items in our new home. Compared with the others, my experience with them was not quite nice.
1. They came to our house twice to check the set up that I wanted in our televisions. My requirements were clear. Basically, I wanted all the wires hidden. They said during the quotation process that everything can and will be done. Its frustrating that during the work itself, I was told that the power outlet cannot be moved because of their inability (ie. not a licensed electrician) to handle electrical stuffs. Thus, I need to hire another electrician to do it. Fair enough. If this issue was raised early on, considering that they went to us twice to inspect, it would have already been known way ahead. But we were expecting everything to be done on that same day because that was what was told us althroughout, except during the work itself. I find that frustrating and a lack of attention to details.
2. Quotation was issued and we agreed on the quoted price. In the last minute, literally few hours before starting the work, the quotation is being changed by them. Telling me that an item was not included in the quote and it had to be included. I find it unprofessional. Again, twice they went to us to inspect the site and it wasnt considered. Another lack of attention to details.
3. 2 out of 3 times we scheduled the work, they came in half an hour late.
4. As customers, we want to finish the work right away. Work that can be done on one scheduled time took about less than 2 weeks to finish because of delays after delays after delays. With numerous reasons for delays. We found it annoying that its always few hours before the scheduled work, we will be informed that they cannot come because of so and so...
5. They didnt clean up their work mess. I had to vacuum the carpet and clean up the walls after their work. They even left a mark in our new wall and it couldnt be removed unless I guess you paint it.
6. They said we can pay them using credit card cheques. They even gave us a payment option. That's exactly what we did and we availed of their payment option. Their bank had problems processing the cheques. We had no problems changing the cheques to what their bank could process had they told us early on. Again, they advised us late that they had this problem and told us again that they are delaying the work because of the issue of non-payment. It sounded like we weren't paying them right. But we did, and on what we agreed on. Ended up paying them in cash so that they are happy.
7. With all these delays with the work, it sounded that they are even the ones who is being unhappy with the transaction. We are paying customers and we want the work done right and on time. Their customer service is very very poor. We find that they are not accomodating and very hard to deal with.
Very interesting transaction. We still had one more work (ie. Cable outlet in one of the bedrooms) for them . We ended up cancelling it because me and my wife were already frustrated and disappointed. We are planning to hire another contractor to do it for us. Will not recommend them to anyone...