Odd Job Handyman Services

Reviews for Odd Job Handyman Services

tdp
tdp

Unprofessional workmanship and communication

Summary -- watch out for their less trained handymen, and make sure the quote includes every small detail of work so they can't layer it on later for additional cost.

First job was for some painting, drywall repair, caulking, and a door adjustment. Took a lot longer than budgeted, required multiple follow-ups and revisits to get things done properly. Eventually it was fine but frustrating and less than professional experience. We chalked it up to miscommunication and one substandard handyman on the crew.

Second job request a couple of years later for additional drywall repair after water damage, some door frame work and painting, and other miscellaneous work. Provided extremely detailed written information and measurements and photos of everything to minimize opportunity for miscommunication. Mentioned we were happy to pay for most senior handymen to avoid quality/revisit issues we experienced last time. After four quotes with missing work, incorrectly described work, and unanswered questions, and our time and efforts to explain things as clearly as possible (in some cases multiple times) to simply get a clear and complete quote, they "passed" on the job. Seems they prefer vagueness in their quotes which will let them add time and costs later.

Beware some unprofessionalism in work quality and communication.

Range Hood and Kitchen Light installation

Excellent experience from the time I searched Odd Jobs out on the internet. I requested a quote online. They got back asking for some pictures and some measturements . The quote came in. They called me and gave me advice. I originally wanted a microwave but the distance from range top wouldn't allow. The service was booked and they followed up day before. The men came at the appointed time and the job was done professionally and I am thrilled. I always thought it was hard to find someone to do odd jobs. Not anymore. Would highly recommend.

Thanks for the kind review! We're glad to hear we could help!

Carol Birchall in Toronto
Carol Birchall in Toronto

Kitchen caulking

Savarioo was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The job was for caulking around back splash in kitchen. There was some issues that had to be considered with my planned solution. He gave me 3 suggestions defining the pros and cons. Together we came up with the most desirable decision.

He did a very professional job. Carol

Thanks for the kind review, Carol! We're glad we could help!

Carla Canizares from Toronto
Carla Canizares from Toronto

No More Heavy Lifting For Me

I needed help with flipping mattresses, rugs, removing outdoor tables|chairs|planters from storage. I provided the highest ranking for three reasons. One, the process is very disciplined and forces you to be organized. You are completely in the loop with respect to confirmations and arrival times. Two, Shawn and Pierre reviewed my list and got to work. They are fast and they are good. Three, I learned that the company actually offers other services - painting and caulking - that I actually need. Shawn took photographs and I am expecting a quote as I write this. If you're not doing PM around the house - there is very competent help out there!

No problem, Carla! We love helping people out, and we hope to assist you again in the future!

Judy A.
Judy A.

The BEST!!!!

The company was super easy to deal with. I made a request, and after a couple of questions, I had a quote I was happy with within a day. On the appointed day, Sean and Shawn showed up promptly at 9, finished the job in 50% of the estimated time, and then took a vacuum cleaner to clean up after themselves. The resulting work is terrific, and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks, Judy! We're glad we could help.

Nancy from Toronto
Nancy from Toronto

Painting bulkhead in basement

They were prompt, prepped the area well to protect the tenants belongings, cleaned up after themselves and were efficient. The painting job looked amazing. Big difference from before. I recommend this company for your painting needs.

Thanks for the kind review, Nancy! We're glad we could give your basement a new look!

Sarah O in Toronto
Sarah O in Toronto

Small jobs in my condo

As a first time client I was very happy with my interaction with the company each time I called. They were accommodating when I had to reschedule.

Shawn was very polite and professional when he came to do some small jobs in my condo. I appreciate his checking to confirm what I wanted done before he started.

I will definately be using the company again in the future!

Thanks for the kind review, Sarah! We're happy we could make your day better. :)

drjonlross in forest hill, Ontario
drjonlross in forest hill, Ontario

Perfect job!

The technician was polite, competent and professional and showed up on time. The job was done perfectly and took a lot less time than anticipated. Thank you to everyone at odd jobs!

Thanks for the kind review! We're glad we could help, and we look forward to helping you again the future!

Rochelle in Toronto
Rochelle in Toronto

Reliable, quick service

As a landlord of a unit in the city, who lives north of the city, I need a reliable service I can use to help with maintenance/repairs. I've been using Odd Jobs for several years now. They are highly organized, provide clear easy to understand estimates and can usually get the job done quickly. We will continue to use Odd Job Handyman Service and would recommend to others without hesitation.

Thanks for the kind review! We love helping out landlords and property managers with their small repairs and projects.

Vicki from Toronto
Vicki from Toronto

Hanging a blind on porcelain hexagon tile backsplash in kitchen.

Odd Job was quickly responsive to our inquiries and in making the arrangements for the job. Having had another contractor balk at the level of difficulty in doing what we needed, Odd Job reassured us that they would not be sending someone who was not experienced with the requirements. The handyman who came, on time, was obviously experienced and capable, had all the right tools, and got the job done to our complete satisfaction. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the review, Vicki! We're glad we could help!

More about Odd Job Handyman Services

ABOUT US

Odd Job Handyman Services began in 2008 with one man and his truck. It's since grown to be one of the largest and most reliable contractors in Toronto, serving thousands of homeowners and businesses throughout the city. On Feb. 16, 2017, it was one of five handyman services in Ontario to be officially named "Best of 2017" by Homestars, the largest network of home professionals in Canada.

Odd Job offers a wide range of services including drywall, painting, tiling, flooring, millwork, hanging, junk removal, furniture assembly, basic plumbing & electrical and all general repairs. The work performed by Odd Job is covered by a two-year warranty.

The staff at Odd Job is fully licensed, bonded and insured, and every member has been background-and-identity-checked. They're hand-selected from the "best of the best" in local professional circles (each with at least three positive references) and subjected to a series of in-shop tests before they're admitted into the team.

HISTORY

It all started with Justin George, an exceptionally-handy property manager who had great difficulty convincing professional contractors to visit his building for "small jobs." Justin, a red seal tradesman, was so tired of contractors telling him "it wasn't worth their time" that he was forced to take care of most of the repairs and maintenance himself.

He realized he was far from the only person who was in this predicament. There were many people without the time, the tools or the talent to recaulk their shower stall, hang their favourite paintings or repair a few pot lights.

Not everyone trusts the mystery men on Craigslist and Kijiji, and so Justin wanted to provide them a professional option. "It might be a small job, but it's a big deal," Justin said, "People need a company that treats it that way."

Mr. George graduated from George Brown College with a degree in mechanical engineering and from the University of Western Ontario in 2011 with a degree in technological education, manufacturing and construction. He is an Accredited Manufacturing and Construction Educator and a member in good standing of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals (ACHP). He loves cats, guitar and building things (anything). His most important values are honesty, quality and consistency and his motto is: "There's always a way to get the job done right."

PRICING

We offer a la carte, task-based pricing for all of our standard services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project."

BUSINESS & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES

Odd Job also serves many small businesses, including retail stores, office facilities and income properties. Our project manager was a longtime property manager and every member of the team has extensive experience in facilities management. Among the many businesses that trust Odd Job are Shoppers Drug Mart, Holt Renfrew, Burberry, Fresh Restaurants and LensCrafters.

Let us take care of you while you take care of business!

Handyman Services, Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Furniture, Home Office Renovation, Decks, and Drywall Contractors
We offer a wide range of handyman services, including all general repairs, hanging, grout and caulking, furniture assembly & maintenance, cabinetry installation, carpentry, painting (mostly interior), drywall installation & repairs, door installation & repairs, deck installation & repairs, fence installation & repairs, shelving installation, window treatment installations, basic plumbing, site work, demolitions, clean-up, junk removal, and much more. We also offer premium renovation services. Call (416) 520-1161 and request a quote from our renovations division today. We will establish a budget, timeline and plan in advance, and then provide the highest quality of labour, materials and expertise to make it happen. We offer a wide range of maintenance services to homeowners, tenants, property owners, real estate agents and many of the city's most important businesses. Odd Job offers a la carte pricing for all of our services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project.
We specialize in the things found on your "honey-do" list - hanging, drywall, tiling, all general repairs, and small to mid-size renovations.
2008
Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Check, Cash, E-Transfer
Metro License: T85-4305843
Association of Certified Handy Professionals
$125 includes minor materials
PROJECT RATE
1000 +
Our 2-year warranty covers all general repairs and some installations. The warranty does not cover moisture damage, ground shifting, weather-related damage, material failure or change in mind.