Rooter Man GTA

Reviews for Rooter Man GTA

Christine from Toronto
Christine from Toronto

Alex does it!

I had made submission to another company, but Rooter Man GTA was the first to respond so I took it! Same day service appreciated. No problem booking an appointment either: the speech-impaired (those who, like me, don't use a telephone) take note.

Alex had to come twice. Once he fixed it on the first go, my sink was no longer blocked. He noticed a slight leak, which is why he came back the second time. He unstopped the toilet (which had a blockage on his second visit. too.) He took the time to explain to this speech-impaired woman - made sure I understood - what he had done.

I would recommend Rooter Man GTA.

Thank you for trusting Rooter-Man for your sewer and drain blockage issue and we are glad you had a great experience with our plumber.

Vivian
Vivian

Excellent work as always.

We have had several jobs done by Robert over the years. He is always prompt and helpful. He seems knows what we need right away and takes care of it quickly. Highly recommended.

Hi Vivian .. thank you for leaving such a kind review about our plumber Rob, he is definitely an asset to our company 😁

Arsham
Arsham
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Unfair price

Brian is a caring, knowledgeable, professional and smart individual. He resolved the problem and gave me some tips regarding how to fix my plumbing connections.

The 3 star is for the company itself for charging $368 for only running a snake in a pipe. This is totally unfair.

Hi Arsham, we are committed to providing the highest level of service and I'm glad Brian did that for you.
We believe we charge a fair price for the valuable service, workmanship and parts/equipment we provide, the pricing is pretty standard across the board for any plumbing and drain company that carries all the proper licences, wsib and insurances that are necessary. Thank you for choosing Rooter-man and I do hope to hear from you again in the future.

Clogged sink

My bathroom sink was draining very slowly. Alex and team arrived on time and immediately investigated the issue thoroughly.

They explained what needs to be done and how much it would cost. They promptly got to work and completed it thoroughly.

In wrapping up, they took the time to clean up abd ensure that the space they worked in was tidy. They also provided pragmatic advice to ensure that we maintained our home appropriately.

It was truly a pleasure to clear your bathroom sink drain. We are glad that you had a positive experience with Alex our drain cleaning specialist!

Carlos in Ajax
Carlos in Ajax
5 reviews Ajax, ON

Kitchen Drain Unclogged

I appreciated having Alex come out on the day I called Rooter Man to inquire about their services and prices. Alex was professional and personable on the phone and in person. He was respectful while working in my home and helpful in answering my questions. I would definitely recommend hiring them to get your kitchen drain unclogged, checked, and running again.

Thank you for choosing Rooter-Man for your clogged drain issues. We truly specialize in drain cleaning and repairs. Thank you for this review!

Muna in Oakville
Muna in Oakville

Lateral Sewage Line Replacement and Back valve Installation

Rooter Man was the only company that came within 2 hours of our emergency call for basement sewerage line over flow for initial inspection. They snaked a camera through 100+ ft. of pipes and showed us tree roots growing in our pipes (reason for our back up). Once the city permit was in place, a crew of 3 men came and finish the work in under 3 days. Considering the amount of work, the speed and quality of work was phenomenal. The exceptional thing about this is that once Rooter man showed up we they made sure that the pipes were functional (temporary fixes) for us even when they were working.

Once the work was completed, they helped us process paperwork for insurance as well as subsidy claim with the city. We appreciated their professionals and help in getting things back on track for us. Thank you guys !

Thank you for choosing Rooter-Man for you old clay sewer line replacement and thank you for this review !

Team R-Man

Shaun
Shaun

Clogged kitchen drain

Jay quickly found the problem, explained everything thoroughly, and fixed it for a reasonable price. He was also careful to clean the area when he finished.

After getting a quote from a different company for 5x the price, it was refreshing to get a no-nonsense repair. The sink is working good as new now. Thanks Jay!

Thank you for choosing Rooter-Man for your blocked drain issue. ThAnk you for this review!

Monica
Monica
0 reviews Milton, ON

Bathroom faucet repair

Service was professional and timely. Alex was knowledgeable and helpful. He came on time and brought the right part for the job. We called the service line and we had a plumber within 2 hours of the call

Thank you Monica for choosing b Rooter-Man for your faucet issues. We appreciate the kind review and look forward to be of service to you again.

Shower leaking

Excellent service. Alex was. Verry professional and knowledgeable. He didn’t have the part to be replaced so he will have to come back and install the part. It was a really pleasure dealing with him. Not able to provide a quote until part is recieved.

Thanks Alex
Rose R

Thank you Rose for taking the time to review Rooter-Man Plumbing, Drains and Waterproofing. We are happy that Alex was able to assist with your leaking faucet and you were satisfied with his service. We are happy to have gained a new customer.

Dave
Dave

Main Drain Snaking

I couldn’t be any more disappointed in my experience with Rooterman. I feel taken advantage of and wonder how many other people have been vulnerable to their scheming tactics to manipulate a minor problem into a major expensive issue to increase sales. I called Rooterman on January 30th to address a backed up main drain. The following is what occurred:

- The plumber began snaking the drain from my cleanout. Everything was going fine until the snake got stuck.
- Brian, the rep said it was definitely a broken clay pipe because the snake got stuck and it wouldn't get stuck on anything else. He said there was no way to get it out other than excavation at which point the broken clay pipe needs to be replaced. This was an additional $6500.
- He proceeded to say that we have to do a camera inspection as well to locate the broken clay pipe. (This is another $500)
- He said emergency permits had to be gathered right away so the work could be proceeded with the next day which turns out is just 'call before you dig'.
- He also said all the clay pipes from my house to the problem area should be replaced (turns out they're pvc which he should've seen if he used the camera)
- I authorized the camera inspection which I found out later wasn’t necessary.
- I told Brian I had to think about the additional $6500 because it was a lot of money for a spur of the moment repair.
- The next day Brian called to follow up and see if I wanted to get the work done. I said in all honesty I needed to get another price as a reference point; that I wasn't just going to agree to the price.
- At that point Brian said he wanted to check something out and maybe try again to get the snake out.
- It's an absolute joke that he was able to get the snake out in 5 minutes when he realized the job might not be given to Rooterman.
- In addition when he pulled out the snake a tiny bit of soil and thin root came out that I could probably cut with scissors. The camera was never needed in the first place as the snake wasn't stuck.
- I'm amazed that what I was shown to be a heavy-duty snake got caught on what looked like a ball of hair.
- During this time, my neighbour and I also got a hold of the previous owner of my neighbours house. Turns out he has a cleanout on his front lawn buried in snow.
- We called the city to now inspect from there.
- Turns out the area that the rooterman plumber said was the problem area is actually on the city side. Brian from rooterman assured me that it was private property because it was behind the city water shut off. Doesn't he know that it's not actually the line.
- Turns out there is no crushed or broken pipes and the could confirm that in the camera. The rooterman also used a camera. I don’t know why he couldn’t see that.
- I told the city workers what the plumbers snake got stuck on and they just laughed. They got through it in 30 minutes
- I got very lucky that I was able to get another opinion to figure this out. Most people wouldn't be able to wait in an emergency situation and the sequence of events wouldn't allow them.
- To top it all off Brian from rooterman dented and ripped my drywall and left sewage splatters on the wall which I cleaned up twice. I had to clean a second time when he came to remove the stuck snake
- The most frustrating thing was then when I called and emailed the management about this they just said 'protocol was followed'. I don’t even think they read my email.

As I'm writing this, I'm getting more angry at how unethical this pressure treatment is in emergency situations. I'm actually disgusted with this company.

Hi Dave. We can sense your frustration in your review and can understand after several back ups it must not be pleasant to hear misfortunate news about having to repair a sewer line. We want to assure you that proper protocol was followed and a camera inspection is always required to provide an accurate diagnosis, without a camera one would only be guessing the issue. Roots are always an indication of a compromised sewer line. Should you require further clarification of your issue we would be more then happy to help.

More about Rooter Man GTA

ROOTER-MAN Plumbing And Drain Service and Basement Syatems is a group of professionals with over 40 years of experience in the industry. Our mission is to provide high quality professional advice and solutions to home-owners. We pride ourselves in providing to our customers the highest standards in customer care throughout the process. We will provide exceptional "beyond the call of duty" services to all our customers. We are committed to providing the highest level of professionalism, service, response and quality workmanship. We take pride in our ability to diagnose, give options and complete the job with 100 percent customer satisfaction every time. If you require emergency plumbing services in the Toronto and GTA regions, there are 24 hour emergency plumbers in Mississauga, Vaughan, Oakville, Etobicoke and Burlington locations on stand-by ready to service you. From Plumbing, Basement Lowering and Underpinning to new basement Floor Upgrades and Drain issues to Wet Basement Waterproofing, Rooter-Man can handle and specializes in these services and more!