MIXEDESIGNS

Kitchen Planning & Renovation

Reviews for MIXEDESIGNS

Alison and David in Oakville
Alison and David in Oakville

ground floor renovation and ensuite bathroom

We hired Mixedesigns to renovate our ground floor, master bedroom and ensuite. From the minute you meet Tony he is likeable, enthusiastic and full of creative ideas. He has a wealth of experience having started in his trade at a young age. Tony always has a ton of both practical and amazing ideas, you are not only hiring a contractor with Tony but a visionary!

Tony brought on his incredible team to the project , Travis (Schiller Engineering), Nazima (designer) who was able to produce a 3D template of our new kitchen layout. Andrew, Sean and Brandon, who are all great, respectful, hardworking guys and generally a pleasure to have around. Also, Tony clearly has a great working relationship with all his trades he brought onto the project, who without exception were all excellent.

Tony scheduled all the trades and managed the overall budget. He kept us informed with regular updates and expected timelines. During such a big project there was inevitably some areas that went over budget, this was in part because we added to the project but also owing to unforeseen work that needed taking care of along the way. Tony does build in a contingency into his quotes to try and pre-empt this situation. He also manages the 4 hour concierge billing fee very well (as per his website), and will always endeavour to ensure that there is enough work so that the 4 hour minimum requirement is met.

Tony and his team maybe working on multiple job sites but he is personally invested in each one of his jobs regardless of the size of the project. He also has an incredible memory for the fine details of any individual job. He is always immediately contactable by cell phone if not on site and will always be in touch to problem solve or offer great advice, as taking care of his clients comes first.

Even though it has been months since we finished our project, Tony is still in touch and has recently organized for a couple of trades to come back and fix some very minor issues which, along with Sean, included organizing for my whole house to be repainted at no cost, due to an error by the paint company. Sean and Brandon did a fantastic job and again a pleasure to have around the house!

We are so happy with our new living space, especially our Tony designed servery that we use everyday!

I would absolutely recommend Tony and his team at Mixedesigns for your next project, I miss having the guys around now that we have finished our work and we are currently saving up for our next project!

Thanks Tony and the guys, you know who you are!

Alison and David

Thank you so very much for such a great review! We work really really hard to offer the best quality and working environment for the clients/team, so i am happy to see that reflected in your recent project. I made sure to give everyone the recognition they deserved. We all were really happy to read your review! THANK YOU for your business and support.

Reno in Aurora
Reno in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

MIXEDESIGNS BUILD GROUP INC.

Other than a few glitches, which is normal, I was very pleased with the finished reno of my basement. Tony always kept in touch with their progress and he, Andrew and Sean were always very accommodating and professional when answering any questions or concerns that I had during the process.
Sherry

Thank you. We really enjoyed working with you, although the job site was really far for us you made the drive worthwhile!

David
David

Bathroom Renovation

Sean from Mixedesigns was fantastic! He came in, organized, and planned out our bathroom renovation. We had them install a shower in this bathroom. Mixedesigns had all the trades come in. They were very professional, tidy, and finished in just over a week. I would highly recommend Mixedesigns for small or large upgrades to your home. They also did some odds and ends around the house that I just don't have time to do.

Thanks David it was a pleasure working with you

Jeff
Jeff

Concierge Service

Andrew and Sean were a delight to have work on our repairs. The work was done cleanly and conscientiously. The new tiles and crown moulding repairs looks fantastic.. thanks to Tony for coordinating and quoting the whole thing out so accurately.

Jeff, Glad everything worked out! Please don't hesitate to contact us for any future needs.

Alda &.
Alda &.

Interior Damage to our home.

We contracted MIXEDESIGNS because of the rating on HomeStars. Tony responded to my service request promptly and accommodated my timeline on short notice. We had raccoons destroy our roof which caused interior damage to many rooms. Sean provided an assessment, he was timely, pleasant and professional. The job was done very well and on budget. I would recommend using MIXEDESIGNS based on our positive experience. Awesome work!

Thanks a lot for your review it was a pleasure

Naomi
Naomi

Repaired cracked door frame

While I had proposed a more expensive solution (of replacing the door frame) Tony suggested a more affordable gluing option and offered a 6 month guarantee of the work and no additional cost to me if the gluing option was not satisfactory. He was very flexible about the arranged time to do the repair and executed the work quickly and neatly.

It’s always rewarding to exercise my experience to help homeowners save some $$, every service visit is an opportunity to create lasting relationships!

Ger D.
Ger D.

Appliance upgrade

I contacted Designbar after a recommendation from my friend. Sean arrived to my house a day later to discuss what I wanted. After a brief discussion he made my mind up in what direction I wanted to go due to his amazing ideas. I wanted a counter depth fridge but Sean said with some minor modifications I can have the size of a full depth fridge that looks counter depth.
My stove was upgraded to gas along with my barbecue and all of this came through the Designbar discount program.

Thanks again to Sean and Tony for getting this done for me in the blink of an eye.

P.S you guys know there will always be tea and biscuits here if you are in the area lol

Thank you very much Gerry.

None of this could have been done without your tea and biscuits. We hope you enjoy cooking over gas now and please don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need.

Sudhi
Sudhi
3 reviews Burlington, ON

IKEA wardrobe & media unit assemble + install

Tony responded to my service request quite promptly & flexible enough to accommodate my timeline on short notice.
Tony was on schedule, assessed the work and carried out a very professional job, neatly done. Very happy with the outcome.
Thanks to Tony from Mixedesigns; would highly recommend them.

Thank you Sudhi, hope you enjoy the new house. thanks for the review!

Janine
Janine

Barn doors

I have always wanted barn doors and to complete the seperation of 2 rooms I knew I had to have them. After speaking with Sean about my vision he beyond exceeded my expecations. I am sooo pleased with the finished product, they look amazing! He's not only great at what he does but he genuinely cares about his clients and their needs. Cant wait to have a party and show them off to my friends. Thank you Sean!!

Thanks so much Janine the great feed back. We really enjoy what we do and our clients reactions is the cherry on top.

We will see you again in the new year.

Talk soon.

Christine
Christine

Custom hall table

Sean did a fantastic job creating a custom hall table using an old church beam. I went to him with a basic idea that I’d like a table with somewhere to store shoes. I am so happy with the final product, it’s beyond what I was expecting. He kept the design clean lined and the shoe rack fits both my shoes and boots perfectly (such a great multi-functional feature in a century home with limited storage). Thanks Sean!

This is why we do what we do! We're so happy you love it and please don't hesitate to contact us for anything regarding that beautiful home of yours.

Talk soon.

More about MIXEDESIGNS

There’s many different reasons to work with us: to make room for a growing family, to improve layout or increase the resale value of your property! Our team of professionals offer customers design and build counselling along with skilled trades and top discounts, on top brands.

There is no substitute for experience. Join the list of satisfied clients! In the end the quality of your project depends on who you hire. When you hire us, you do so because of our company’s reputation, our track record with past clients and our commitment to new ones. The registered DesignBar trademark provides DIY home owners a single source for their residential design and construction needs when buying or selling homes in the GTA.