Dollarwise Plumbing

EDMONTON AB T5H3S1
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Edmonton  >  Dollarwise Plumbing

Reviews for Dollarwise Plumbing

1 review Edmonton, AB

Poor workmanship, shady business practices and terrible customer service

I hired Dollarwise five years ago to install a back water valve at my property line as well as some miscellaneous plumbing jobs around my home. The first red flag was when Frank (I believe is the owner) demanded full payment upfront. In my experience, no reputable contractor will do business in this way. The most they should ask for is a deposit and possible progress payments. The technician working in my home on the miscellaneous plumbing, went through my home and helped himself to my tools and other supplies like duct tape without asking. I found it odd that he would not have all of his own supplies. The largest problem by far was the back water valve. At the outset of the project, it was agreed that Dollarwise would provide all supplies and remove any waste materials after the installation. After installation was complete, they left my valve access stack without a proper permanent cap and a large slab of waste concrete from the excavation on my property. When I asked Frank about the concrete he said that I could use it for a pad for my garbage bins. When I reminded him that they had agreed to remove the waste, he begrudgingly took it away a couple days later. When I asked him about the permanent cap, he said that I didn't really need one and he never returned to install the proper cap. Only five years after installation, the valve had sunk so badly that the sewer line was no longer aligned with it at the opening or exit. This caused chronic sewer back-ups into our basement (the opposite of what a back water valve is intended for). The city as well as the contractor I hired to fix the job agreed that it was the worst installation they had ever seen. Dollarwise should have braced the valve with something (like concrete) to prevent sagging. Moreover, the reputable contractor advised me that during the Dollarwise install, they failed to recap my water CC valve (next to the back water valve) during the excavation. As a result, the CC valve was filled with dirt which would be problematic if the city ever needed to access it.

Scott in Edmonton
Scott in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Drain clean and pipe repair

Clog fixed, broken pipe repaired. Quality work! And they refused to let me clean up? Great job Dollarwise! We will count on you again! Anyone looking for great plumbing work, stop looking and call these guys!

Heating pipe water dropping

Frank is a true professional and sincerely works for client's benefits. When I called in to ask for his service, he asked the details and then he gave me effective advices to prevent further damages. He came in promptly and had the problems fixed perfectly. I really appreciate his work and would like to recommend him to all my friends without any hesitation.

Multiple Repairs

I was very impressed by the professionalism and efficiency of Dollarwise plumbing yesterday. What we thought was one problem were two separate issues, which were all fixed on the initial visit! Most surprising, the quoted price and the actual price were extremely fair. The plumber who helped us also seemed genuinely interested in helping us with our home maintenance, taking a few minutes to teach us about fixing small issues.
What an amazing experience--such a relief to find a genuinely helpful plumbing company which charges fair prices!

tim in Edmonton
tim in Edmonton
1 review EDMONTON, AB

replaced hot water heater

they were fast to respond did not upsell me nothing and said its all included.. they were great to deal with.. even helped mop up my mess.. even checked my furnace as they waited for the tank to fill, was very happy..

Giale Doan in Edmonton
Giale Doan in Edmonton
2 reviews EDMONTON, AB

Replaced Sum Pump

The company was rate was reasonable and very helpful. The plumber was very efficient and pleasant, he arrived on time. A few months after the sump pump was replaced it stop working and we called the company and they came out to replaced another pump with no questions asked.

fotis
fotis
1 review EDMONTON, AB

instlled new sink taps and drain.. they even cleaned up..

they were on time very polite and did a great job.. fair in price and they were very clean, they did not up sale and they checked all our plumbing and did not charge extra!! would refer them for sure..