Reliance The Furnace Company Edmonton

Reviews for Reliance The Furnace Company Edmonton

Char in Edmonton
Char in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Repair and service of employee

On Saturday Elmer came on a service call for my Tankless Water heater.
I have had Elmer before when my furnace was installed and now with my service call. Elmer fixed my tankless so that I would have hot water right away and because it was Saturday all parts were not available.
Elmer has been an outstanding plumber and service employee on both visits and I would give him an outstanding rating. I do not give my ratings easily but Elmer has deserved my rating on both visits.
Char Dennis
323 Tory View NW

Thank you for the kind review and taking the time to share your experience with us. ~Jessica

Roscoe in St. Albert
Roscoe in St. Albert
2 reviews St. Albert, AB

Furnace Repair

I would definitely recommend this company! My furnace quit on me right when the cold spell hit and Reliance was there the same day. No added stress, just super helpful and quick service :)

Thank you for the kind review Roscoe! ~Jessica

C Huber in Edmonton
C Huber in Edmonton

Beware!

Beware!!! Worst experience ever!!! Reliance came to inspect/repair our basement furnace this summer that had stopped working. We had to have it looked at as we were trying to sell our house. After looking at it and replacing the transformer the maintenance guy gave me this long list of all the things that weren’t working on the furnace and quoted me over $2,000 for repairs. Individual goes on to tell me it’s likely best to get new machines, yadda yadda so he had a sales individual come out to give me pricing on new machines. At this point I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed as the machine had been working fine just a few months ago and suddenly it apparently has all these broken parts! My husband had been away at work and luckily told me just to wait till he could look at it. Well he finally got around to looking at it and the only thing wrong was the transformer! The repair guy had wired it in backwards. It even started to smoke when my husband turned on the furnace. They could have blown our house up. This whole thing also cost us he sale of our house as the deal fell through because of this. My husband fixed out furnace for $50. Seriously be careful with this company. Get second opinions if possible.

Hello,
I have also responded to your google review. If you require further assistance please email me. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Maintenance program

Do NOT subscribe to their maintenance programs. A deal with the devil.
I subscribed to their maintenance program which worked out well until I tried to cancel after more than 2 years.
Called and emailed many times to cancel but they continued to bill me for additional months. (The minimum payment period had been more than completed)
I would call to cancel and they would ignore me and try to up sell.
Reliance- No means no!!!!
Bizarre and unprofessional company.
It’s unfortunate - I thought very highly of their workers and service but I will not use them now because the financial side of their

Hello, I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience with us when trying to cancel our plan. I would like to further review this to ensure completion, can you please email me with your address or account information. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

Stoik in
Stoik in
1 review , AB

Change company name to "Unreliable"

Paid for a new furnace with air conditioning. It took a WEEK for it to be installed. We had to call and double check every stage of the install. My husband missed a total of 3 days waiting around at home for install and had multiple no shows and couldn't get a hold of anyone to find out when someone would show up. When we tried to get a hold of our sales rep was told, "It's our busiest season." They gave us $500.00 off but it took a month to get the refund. Customer service is in
Ontario, Canada. No help. Don't use this company!!!

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about this experience that you had with us. If you require further assistance please email me. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

j.reid in Edmonton, Alberta Canada T5K2P6
j.reid in Edmonton, Alberta Canada T5K2P6

Central Air

I have made multiple attempts to get a hold of someone in the head office regarding payments for my unit, and other questions i have as my sales man left the company.... i was told by a rep that i should send a text to the salesman!!!
Very Frustrated

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about this experience. Can you please email me with your account details and I can further assist you with this. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

Kim in Edmonton
Kim in Edmonton

Aircondioner

Very professional job. Installed next day as promised. Works great. The unit was instaled and running in about 4 hours. The house temp dropped 4 degrees in about 2 hours on a 26 degree day. Thank you Amy for your hard work and making this happen. Shout out to you and the installers.
Kim

This is so great to hear! Thank you for the wonderful review Kim! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! ~ Penny

Richie  in Edmonton
Richie in Edmonton

Poor Service , Unprofessional

Reliance installed a Lennox AC at my house , worked good 1st year , 2nd year the refrigerant was topped up because it was not cooling ,3rd year same thing happened , I called another Lennox dealer to check it out , found a pinhole leak , explained AC needs a new evaporator .The evaporator Reliance installed was substandard and Lennox the company has settled a lawsuit over these evaporators . I went ahead and installed the new evaporator . All the copper tubing from the outside to inside had to be replaced as an added expense because the tech showed me all the bad kinks in the lines from Reliance poor installation , I took photos . Called Reliance for warranty claim on the exchanger , they don't care said to called Lennox in the US . I did that and am working with Lennox because I already went ahead and installed the new exchanger . Don't really care if I get the money back , all I wanted was a good working AC unit . Never Buy from Reliance again .Additionally the Reliance tech who did the original installation was the rudest person I have met in a Long time . He literally asked me to leave my basement and don't look at him while he is working . I still today regret not asking him to leave and calling the company .Update : Lennox has asked that Reliance phone them and submit the warranty claim , very straightforward. Reliance has refused to do this for me , told me to get the other Lennox dealerI hired to send in a claim . Basically they are not honoring their warranty .

Sorry to hear about this experience. Please email me at jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com if you have any further concerns. ~Jessica

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Unfinished....billed early

On April 26 2018 Amy came out to our home. She sold us a furnace and AC unit. She showed us where the AC would go and what needed to be cleared for the installers. She also stated that I would get a $250 Visa gift card and 2 months free.

The installers came in and did the installation, they couldnt find the floor drain. However Amy didn't tell us they needed access to that. They also have yet to put the Basement return air in. And no-one has come to finish it. They also left things messy. When Amy called after nothing was said about monthly payments.

I texted Amy because she doesn't seem to want to answer her phone, and asked her about the gift card and free months, as this was now 3 weeks later and I still had no information. She ignored my question about the 2 months free and told me the gift card was coming from head office.

Last week I called your call center to switch which day my bill was due, they made it for the 21-23rd of each month. Which then I asked the guy when my first bill was due......As I still did not have this answer. He informed me it was August 21st. I asked him to check again because I was only told 2 free months. He looked at it again and said it was definitely August.

Fast forward to yesterday June 5th, I recieved a bill in the mail due June 14th. This is not ok. This is not what I was told. So I called the call center back. And all they could find was the request for the change of bill date. Nothing about the free months. The guy on the phone was extremely rude and told me I was making false statements, and I couldn't have recieved 2 months free. This is when I tried calling Amy to figure this all out. And low and behold.....she ignored me....

I am beyond frustrated with this service. Or lack there of. One.....how can you bill for an uncompleted job. Two....my billing shouldn't have ever happened for 2 months. Three......your call center being extremely rude is uncalled for. Four....Amy ignoring my phone calls is unacceptable. I expect something to be done about this. At this point I do not want to do service with Reliance. If I have had all these problems in the first month, I can only imagine how a service call would go.

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you can email me your information I would be happy to look into this further for you. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com

Christina  in Edmonton
Christina in Edmonton

New Air Conditioning system Issue

We had a new air conditioning system installed at the end of the season last year so only got it started going this last week as we had great weather. No matter what we did barely any cold air was coming out and if anything our house got warmer as the day went on. Called Reliance who did the original installation and they had their technician Chris out here the next day. He arrived exactly when expected and even called first to say he was on his way but what I appreciated the most was his professional manner and explained what was happening and why. He double and triple checked all the different pieces that could have been the issue until he confirmed with me that all was running to my expectations. He absolutely did a fantastic job and now my house feels like I have air conditioning. I would definitely welcome Chris and reliance back to my home for a service call based on this experience. Well done

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us Christina! We're very fortunate to have Chris as part of our team and are always happy to help ~ Penny

More about Reliance The Furnace Company Edmonton

Reliance™ - The Furnace Company has been delivering high quality home comfort products and services to the Edmonton market for over 10 years. We were the first Lennox Premier Dealer in Edmonton and are the only Capital Region based dealer to have won the prestigious Dave Lennox Award, as one of the Top 25 Dealers in North America out of over 6500 dealers. Now part of the Reliance™ national network, we bring over 40 years of experience with a full service of heating and cooling solutions, ranging from sales and service, financing to rental options. This means you can trust that Reliance™ - The Furnace Company will be here for the long haul and continue to offer you the same exceptional service our customers have come to expect.
When you choose Reliance™- The Furnace Company, you’re choosing one of the largest HVAC providers in Canada, with over 1.2 million customers and growing. You can expect your call to be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and one of the largest networks of licensed technicians in Canada.
After all, we believe you are buying much more than home comfort equipment, you’re buying a relationship. As you can see, it really is all about you! Your satisfaction is our top priority.

Some services that we offer are, Furnaces, Air-Conditioners and Water Heaters

Our Mission:
We provide our customers peace of mind. We take the risk out of products and services that are essential to their lives and businesses. We make it easy.