Gmano Railings

Reviews for Gmano Railings

Celias
Celias

Stairs refacing

I am so grateful to Leo! He was one of a few providers that quoted to reface our stairs including possibly replace the railing. With his experience and workmanship he was able to restore our old railing saving us a lot of money even though he would've made more money just replacing it. He did the job in the time we agreed and charged a fair price and even gave us some tips on how to do the painting of the stairs so we could save money. Amazing professional!

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto

Great guy, easy to work with, high quality work

First of all Leo is as nice as they come and his work is quality. We had a very unique situation with our railings and only someone skilled and particular could have done such an amazing job as he did. Highly recommend Leo to anyone looking for quality a job

Thanks Jeff.

Sara
Sara

Railing replacement in front hall

I am thoroughly impressed with Leo at Gmano Railings. He was a pleasure to work with and I appreciated his suggestions and his attention to detail. I felt he genuinely cared about what I wanted and in the end I now have exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you Leo and I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for impeccable service!!

Thanks Sara it was a pleasure

Amy
Amy

Construction & Installation of New Railings

Not only do I 1000000% recommend Gmano Railings, I want this review to be a public service announcement about the importance of using a qualified company for your railings.

My partner and I recently bought a home that required extensive renovations. This included constructing & installing new railings for the main and second floor landings, as well as a railing for the stairs leading to the second floor. For additional context, the previous owner had removed all railings and constructed walls in their places. Also, our's is a narrow home, so the second floor hallway is also narrow.

From our first meeting with Leo, we knew we wanted to work with him!

First off, Leo came to review the site in order to provide an accurate and informed quote (whereas other companies just asked for pictures & gave us estimates based on that). During his visit, Leo was extremely thorough in taking measurements and really reviewing the site conditions, and took the time to inform us about our options and answer our questions. He gave us the confidence and assurance we needed that not only would the quote be accurate and within budget, but that we were also in great and experienced hands.

(And here is where I want to emphasize the importance of working with a qualified company - we had previously worked with a GC who did decent enough on some general renos (drywall, etc) and we had inquired about having them potentially do our railings. This GC was adamant that the only way to install the railing was to rip up part of our flooring in order to secure the post to a floor joist. The idea of this horrified us since we had just gotten our floors done.)

In taking the time to review & understand the limitations of our space, Leo recommended a removable railing for our second floor landing. This would allow us to remove the rail and create more space should we need to move large objects to & from our main & second floors. Part of our handrail would also be removable due to some space limitations in our stairway as well. Again, this is why it's critical to work with someone who specializes in railings and has the expertise to provide you with the options that fit your needs!

The installation took 2 days, as Leo completed all the work himself. He was not only super diligent and thorough, but also kept a very clean and tidy work site. He also kept us informed and continued to answer our questions throughout the process. For the removable railing, he even took & provided a video of the process, so that we could use it as a reference for the future!

Beyond that, I just want to say what an awesome guy Leo is to work with. He is friendly, genuine and committed to providing excellent quality worksmanship and service. (I literally marvelled and stared at our newel caps for like half an hour because of the level of detail he put into them!)

We couldn't have asked for a better and more knowledgeable railing contractor to work with, and I can't recommend Gmano Railings strongly enough! In addition, he is an independent and locally-owned business, which I am always a proponent of.

Thank you, Leo, for all of your hard and excellent work! :D

Thanks Amy

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Basement Railing

Leo did a fantastic job installing a basement rail for my parents. He was very professional and takes great pride in his craft. My parents were very happy with his finished product. I would definitely contact Leo again for future work. Highly recommend

Thanks for the opportunity you gave me to work on your parents house. It was a pleasure.

Taro
Taro

Wooden hand railings for stairs

It was a pleasure to work with Leo. He came out multiple times to meet us, do measurements for an accurate quote, and to walk us through how and when the work will be done. He suggested a specific wood type appropriate for our house and we were able to customize the work to make sure it goes well with our interior. The work was complete within the given time frame and he also came to help me remove one of the hand rails when we had our washer and dryer delivered. I could tell that he genuinely loves doing what he does and it was a great experience to work with someone with such a good work ethics and energy.

doria k in Mississauga
doria k in Mississauga

replacement railings

I had my railings replaced in March 2018 by Gmano Railings. I was quite pleased with the workmanship, advice, cleanliness etc.. i prefer to hold my reviews until the - for lack of better term - honeymoon with the work is over. I found I don't see everything as clearly as i am so happy to have one thing off the list.
It's now December 2018 and I still see immaculate workmanship, quality materials and a beautiful railing. My level of satisfaction is unchanged and may have even gone up another star or two. I'm still so happy that i found Leo/Gmano Railings, i appreciated the great advice and patience with all my questions etc. Thank you so much Leo!

Thanks Doria. It was a pleasure working with you.

Kelly in Toronto
Kelly in Toronto

Stair railing

We were seeking quotes and advice on replacing our very dated railings. After connecting with Leo, we were confident that he would provide nothing but the best!
He takes great pride in his work and it shows! Leo is honest, trustworthy and reliable. The experience was much like having a good friend in our home.
The craftsmanship in Leo's work is outstanding! He spends his time on fine details that many would overlook. Leo is a master in his craft. We will definitely recommend him to friends and family!

Thank you Kelly and Omar.

Dianna
Dianna

Stair case and handrails

Leo did a really nice job with our staircase and handrail, and went above and beyond to make things look really good. Leo also made sure the area where he was working was clean and tidy, and after he left we had nothing to do other than enjoy the final product. I wish more trades were like Leo, and I highly recommend working with him!

Thanks Dianna.

More about Gmano Railings

Welcome to Gmano Railings. We specialize in INTERIOR RAILINGS - SMALL JOBS WELCOMED!

Serving the GTA since 1987, we are specialists in INTERIOR Railings and Stairs Refacing. Transform your carpeted stairs into beautiful hardwood.

SMALL JOBS WELCOMED!
ANY SIZE JOB, SMALL OR BIG, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL!
NO EXTERIOR JOBS. ONLY INTERIOR JOBS.

We guarantee you our services with accuracy and professionalism.
Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs.
As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.

Our services include:

*Hardwood Flooring
*Welding Repairs
*Wrought Iron Pickets
*Metal Spindles

Custom made Wood Turning (Square and Round)