A complete nightmare!!!
I hired this company to replace my existing radiator system, new pipes (pex pipe) and new rads. Since everything this company did was wrong I'll put it in point form.
BTW - i was 8 months pregnant when this was taking place.
1) the crew removed all of the copper piping and installed the new pex piping - i was concerned that it wasn't installed in the correct place but was reassured 4 times by the owner that it was correct - that walls were all open at that point - we got the drywallers and painters in and waited for the crew to come back to install the rads.
2) crew shows up - all pipes are in the wrong place, need to rip open walls and ceilings anf rip up flooring
3) i ask the owner how he intends to correct this - he smiles and chuckles and says oh i don't know i was hoping you had a plan...
4)crew does not know what they r doing - have to be trained on how to find studs in the wall - when i ask them questions about the installation the say - don't know i've never done this before
5) crew member cuts half way into 2 joists
6) crew member clogs laundry sink with wood chips - results in us flooding our basement during next laundry day
7) infloor heating joist heat not installed properly
8) crew supports pexpipe by zip tying it to live electrical wires
9) crew stars using my tools and screws instead of thier own
10) owner builds copper manifold system not to spec, ignores the boiler manufacturers piping diagrams - says another company provided him with better piping diagrams - i called said company - they have no records of this taking place - the incorrect piping does not send enough water to babys room and spare room - rooms too cold to sleep in with door closed...can't keep cat out of babys room now with a cold baby...cat disturbs guests who leave door open to try and keep warm.
11) used wrong valve fitting to connect pipes to rads -when i asked i was again told that a supplier told them to use these parts and sold them to enviroflo - i called said company, noy only do the say not to use this valve but they don't even carry them
12) installed rads and pipes in wrong places - pipes leading to rads aren't straight ended up moving rads and pipes and had to drilling a bunch of holes in the floor around each rad
13) ran piping through the middle of my storage room...a cluster of 12 pipes are hanging down a foot from the ceiling in the middle of the room - how do i hide that? what will prospective buyers think if i try to sell my home?
14)used wrong pipes in the walls (just found out) the piping used is for taps and such not heating systems - will cause my boiler and expansion tank to rust.
15) ripped light fixtures out and left them danglinh by live wires
16) valves connecting pipes to rads start to corrode within weeks - turning green.
17) rad manufaturer's rad warrenty voided by use of incorrect valves.
there is more...
why didn't i stop work? because bythe time they stared installing rads i was 8 months pregnant, late october, near toronto and it was getting to cold to sleep in the house...i was scared that if i stopped work i wouldn't be able to get another company in - maybe not even until the babu was born...a baby with no house? living in a hotel we couldn't afford? my only option was to continue to at least get heat.
this company is horrible - don't ever use them