David Audio & Video Installations

Reviews for David Audio & Video Installations

Lily R.
Lily R.

Service

David is a great person he knows his job as audio person I would recommend him he is very neat. Great job Dave

Thanks Lily for the review....appreciate it!

TV audio streaming

In a nutshell, David was professional, congenial, knowledgeable, a clear communicator, detail oriented and patient.  My TV audio matter was resolved to my total satisfaction and at a fair price. Couldn't ask for more.  Highly recommend.

Thank you for your review...really appreciate it!

KHP
KHP

Hiding cable box behind cupboard, fixing audio receiver and general fix-up of previously installed system

About 8 years ago we did a home renovation at which point we installed 6 ceiling speakers along with a wifi receiver. We also had a wall of cupboards installed with the idea of putting the Rogers box inside the cupboard to allow for a clean look. None of this really worked. The receiver kept cutting out and the cable box didn't work inside the cupboard. For a couple of years I asked around (friends and neighbors) if they could commend a good audio/visual person to help fix all this. Finally I looked to Homestars and found David.

Several people responded to my queries but I liked David's communication style and mannerism over the phone and email. Fast forward a few weeks later: We now have a working wifi audio system, our receiver and speakers don't heat up to the point of spontaneous combustion, our cable box is well-hidden behind the cupboard and the new, universal remote control works from pretty well anywhere in the house. David went through the entire mass of previously (wrongly) installed wires and cords patiently undoing and replacing as needed, and left us with an easy-to-use system that works!
Thank you David!

Thanks so much KHP for you positive feedback...really appreciate it!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Mounting TV on wall

***CONSUMERS BEWARE*** I Hired this man to mount 2 televisions on the wall and connect a basic soundbar to each. The job was a basic non-complex installation. He quoted me on the phone $350-500 per TV set up but made sure I understood he charged by the hour and wouldn't be able to give me an exact total without seeing. Fair enough I thought. It took him 6 hours to install the mounting bracket on the wall and he had to come back for another 7 hours to hang the TV and soundbar. That's 13 hours to perform a basic installation on one (1) TV. I nearly choked when I saw what he was trying to charge me for the 1st TV install so there was no way I was using him for the 2nd TV!! I hired another company to install the 2nd TV which was a similar basic installation as the 1st. The guy had the entire job done in 2 hours and the cost was less than half of what David Audio was charging me. I am disgusted at the thought of how many other people this man is ripping off and taking advantage of! As his website claims he is a professional certified installer with over 12 years experience, he is either purposely overcharging people by padding his time (because he charges by the hour $) or he is overstating his qualifications and is actually incompetent and inexperienced. Either way, beware when hiring this company!!

To my valued customers:
I am purposely choosing not to respond directly to the writer of this review as this person to me has clearly already drawn all of their conclusions about the work I performed for them and any response to them in my opinion would be to no avail.
I of course still wish to respond to this review.
To begin with, I performed my usual high level of standards and efficiency in completing this installation. During the course of getting the job done, I informed this person that there were unexpected factors involved which made this install unusually difficult, and I showed them what these challenges were, of which they at the time clearly understood and clearly hadn’t a problem in knowing it would take more time to complete properly.
The job in fact was not a basic non-complex situation and as well, the soundbar system included a sub and rears to set up and calibrate. Obviously, unlike the home theater room I set up, the other TV set up this person had the other company complete, was very basic and non-complex if it only took 2 hours.......every situation is different.
I was also asked to finish up some light duty non-audio video work, which I did, work not completed by a previous contractor they had just had in.
In retrospect, I possibly should have had a red light of concern, as this customer told me while I was working, that this previous contractor overcharged them (same complaint they, when I was finished, had with me) and that they told this contractor to leave the premises.
Upon completion, they refused to pay me anything for labour or parts I provided.
In conclusion, it is my hope that all I write here will help you decide for yourself whether or not to bear any weight on this review, as I have a proven track record with all of my other customer reviews.
Thank you for reading this.
David Chivers

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

System upgrade

I have two 5+ year old flat panel TV’s with A/V systems that had both stopped working and needed to be reconfigured and rebooted. I was also thinking about upgrading the universal remotes but unsure what my best options were. Because it was a relatively small job, I had a hard time finding a home A/V service with ready time available to book an appointment. When I found David and contacted him via Homestars, a brief phone call to agree on the scope of work and make an appointment was quick and easy. David arrived the next day, quickly assessed the situation and once we’d agreed on the solution, completed the work efficiently and in good time.

I very much appreciated David’s knowledge, professionalism, and friendly personality. I would hire him again for any home A/V project that might present itself.

Thanks so much taking the time to write a review....appreciate it!

Eric in Toronto
Eric in Toronto

TV Mounting and Sound Bar installation

We had a problem with the sound bar working with the TV - David was easy to get ahold of and made room in his schedule. The work was professional and smartly done and he communicated the options. Well worth it to have the Job done this well.

Thanks so much Eric for the review!

jennifer
jennifer

Home theatre

David is professional and thorough. He did a great job wiring and connecting some of our home theatre elements. Without reservation I would recommend him and/or have him help us again in future.

Thank you Jennifer for writing a review.

Jin in Vaughan
Jin in Vaughan

Great service!!!

I used Dave's service for two separation TV/sound system installations and I can't be happier with the quality of the service I received. Dave is a very nice gentleman and his attention to details is very excellent. He went above and beyond of what was asked and provided some meaningful advice on the TV setup and wiring options. I would highly recommend Dave to anyone!

Thanks Jin for writing a review.
I am certainly happy that you are pleased with everything!

Jules Bistro in Old Toronto
Jules Bistro in Old Toronto

Repair a speaker that was badly wired and clean up an octopus of wires

David was on time and organized for the job.

He rewired a corner of my restaurant to make sense of a mess of internet, Bell phone, wifi lights , security system and Speaker wiring to the amp box.

in the event of a malfunction i now know what wires belong to what device.

Thank you for your comments...appreciate it!

Home Theatre Installation

David is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to trouble shooting and solving complicated issues. Dave was the ultimate professional and re-wired and reprogramed two complete home theatre systems and Harmony remote controls in our home. He was able to take a complicated system and make it simple. I highly recommend his services.

Thanks David!
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for me.

More about David Audio & Video Installations

Home Theater, Home Theatre

I have a registered and insured business dedicated to offering reasonably priced and professional audio/video installations catered to your needs and budget. I specialize in small (no job is too small) to mid size jobs....from mounting a TV, for example, to installing a complete home theater system. I will gladly install your existing equipment, if that is all you need, or select and purchase everything for you and then install it. If all you want is new equipment without installation assistance, I can help you select it from my suppliers and just deliver it to your door. I offer good quality home theatre, TV and stereo equipment, as well as cables. I am a conscientious, certified and experienced electronic systems installer. I am reliable, prompt and thorough and I treat your home with care. My installation fee is reasonable. I have suppliers who offer excellent prices on equipment and cables....whatever is needed for your installation. For a free consultation, please call me at 647-770-5292. I service Toronto and the GTA. My hours are flexible and my website is www.davidavi.ca

Home Theater
Any needed audio/video equipment such as TV's, receivers, speakers, blue ray players, CD players, etc.
Complete home theatre systems installations and setting up of your equipment for best picture and sound. Simple hook ups of basic components. Equipment and cabling upgrading. Personalized wide ranging service from installing equipment you already own to a more comprehensive service....if you don't have any equipment and want someone to take care of everything for you, I can personally select, purchase, transport and set up your equipment in your home (or just deliver equipment to your door if that's all you need). Making your equipment as easy to operate as possible by providing a tutorial and the option of having a single user friendly universal remote programmed. Integrating your system inconspicuously into your room or making it stand out....having wires looking tidy. Smaller sized pre-wires.
A wide selection of quality, brand named equipment
2010
An invoice for the equipment purchased is always provided for manufacturer warranty purposes.
Cash or cheque. It is possible to use a credit card for payment of audio/video equipment purchased.
My business is registered and insured.
Certification in low voltage electronics residential and commercial installations
NO JOB IS TOO SMALL!
PROJECT RATE
Hourly Rate Package prices available based on specific job project requests
Manufacturer warranties on audio/video equipment are always honoured