Pretty Handy Guy

Alex
Alex
3 reviews Milton, ON

House Renovation

I was recently selling a rental property and had a bunch of repairs that needed to be done before listing. I dealt with many different providers during that time and what set John apart was his communication and friendliness. He was very flexible to changing needs and always showed up on time while providing good quality work. We will definitely be contacting him again in the future as projects come up.

Thanks for the thoughtful review Alex. Glad I could help out with your rental property.

J from Oakville
J from Oakville

Painting and odd jobs

I would highly recommend the Pretty Handy Guy. He painted my first floor quickly and with no mess. The paint looks great years after and the edging was great. He also did a few odd jobs, such as hanging my drapes up in a few rooms. It helps as well that he is very friendly!

Many thanks for the kind review. It’s very much appreciated.

Mary Jo in Etobicoke
Mary Jo in Etobicoke
1 review , ON

Wallpaper Wizard!

A big “thank you” you to John for the great job he did hanging wallpaper for us. We’d been avoiding the job for months and made the right decision to call him in. We are 100% satisfied and would not hesitate to recommend him. We’re glad to now know a “Pretty Handy Guy” we can call for future projects.

It was a pleasure to work in your home Mary Jo. Thank you for the kind review.

Tyler in Toronto
Tyler in Toronto

Handyman work around the house

I was very happy with the work John did around my house. He was efficient, clean, polite and easy to work with. He has great attention to detail and his work was clean and polished. I had a long list of items to do and was not expecting him to be able to get through so many of them. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Many thanks Tyler. Thoroughly enjoyed working at your marvellous home.

Chris E.
Chris E.

Window trim

Sand, paint & caulk various sizes of window trim work in a professional effiecent manner. 16 windows in total 2 day completion

It is always a pleasure to work with John, and we look forward to more projects down the road. Excellent Work

Many thanks Chris. It’s always a pleasure to work at your home.

S
S

Painting, drywall mud and tape

John is fantastic.
He fixed the mess I made of the drywall.
He was honest, on time and efficient.
We are very happy!

Thanks for the kind review. Thoroughly enjoyed working at your home and hope I can help out with anything in the future.

grant.family
grant.family

Accent wall on stairwell

John installed barn board on my stairwell that has completely changed the first impression when you open the front door. It looks amazing! The whole family loves it.
John is very professional with care and expertise. I will definitely call on him again!!

Many thanks for the kind review. Always a thrill when the project turns out well and is so well received. Looking forward to the future projects you have scheduled me for.

Ambreen in Mississauga
Ambreen in Mississauga

Wall paper installation and paint

Recently I got my house painted and two wash rooms done. Both wash room required wall paper removal and installation, not an easy task. I got textured Anaglyptic wall paper which is really not that easy to install and paint over. But john did an amazing job. His estimate was on budget and not a penny more after work is done. He is always on time and left the place so clean after work. He suggested for my family room fireplace wall to keep as is and that really made it stand out after paint. He is very experienced and detail oriented and work on a project like he is working on his own home. So happy that I got him to work on my home project. Thanks John.

Thank you very very much. It was a true pleasure to work at your home. Thoroughly enjoyed our conversations as well and am so pleased you are happy with the results.

Damini in Oakville, Ontario CANADA
Damini in Oakville, Ontario CANADA

Job well done!

After reading John's amazing reviews from about a year ago and then again recently, I finally contacted John to tackle our growing to do list. He was able to fit us in within a week due to a delay at another client. Definately our gain!

Jobs ranging from drywall and painting, putting up hooks, and refinishing our powder room counter. He did not disappoint. He is thoroughly communicative, approachable, professional, tidy and did a great job. He cleans up after his work and even came back to make a minor adjustment to our heat vent the very next evening.

Thank you John, we hope to have you back again at our home in the spring to tackle some outdoor fixes. Thank you again for fitting us in! Damini and Duane

Thoroughly enjoyed working at your home on the various projects. Thank you very much for the kind review as well as the referral.

Shelley in Mississauga
Shelley in Mississauga

Crown moulding installation

John is a delight to work with, I’ve been using him for all my home projects for five years now and I would wait for his schedule to open before trying to find anyone else. He does a great job, has a positive attitude and is generally pleasant to be around while he works.

I had him in to take down wainscotting that was covering my entire living room. He refinished and repainted the walls and installed some gorgeous crown mouldings that I get constant compliments about. I’d highly recommend John for all your home improvement needs!

Many thanks for the wonderful review. It's always a pleasure to work for you.

More about Pretty Handy Guy

Hi, I'm John Etheridge, the Pretty Handy Guy. The skills and services I provide as a (fully-insured) tradesperson encompass everything from painting, carpentry, small scale  renovation projects and custom finishing work to general repairs and outdoor projects.

One of the things I place utmost importance on is quality workmanship.  I provide past client references on request, with many repeat customers telling that they most appreciate the meticulous attention to detail and reliability. - painting, trim work, carpentry, renovations, drywall, custom built-ins, refinishing, decks, kitchen cabinet installations, general repairs, sink, faucet, toilet installation, handyman services, murals, bookcases, laminate flooring, custom mantles