Modern Konstruction

Reviews for Modern Konstruction

Peter in Hamilton
Peter in Hamilton

California Ceiling Patch

Matt did a great job of connecting with us and arranging to have our ceiling patched. We had to change dates on him a couple times and we took a long time to decide but he was always very friendly and helpful. He was prompt on the day he came and showed up on time, gave us good notice and got the job quickly but did an excellent job, we are very happy with the final product.

We would highly recommend Modern Konstruction to anyone!

Condo owner  in Hamilton
Condo owner in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

New ceiling over popcorn concrete

Matt did a great job to install a ceiling under the concrete ceiling in our condo. There were a few complex components that needed careful thought to get right, which he did well. very happy with the quality of the job.

Andy in Hamilton
Andy in Hamilton

Great, fast work

Matt came and did the work quickly as I had a tight timeline. Had several drywall holes to patch and a textured ceiling to mud over. He did a great job, no trace of the patches at all, and did it in just a couple days. Didn't shop around a lot so not sure how the price compared to others, but was within my budget.

chrisj in Waterdown
chrisj in Waterdown

bathroom reno

I am very pleased with the drywall work completed at my house by Modern Konstruction.

Last year we were renovating our upstairs bathroom.  The job consisted of complete bathroom remodeling including gutting out the old fiberglass shower, enlarging shower opening to make space for new custom shower, installing new Schluter Kerdi board in the shower, constructing seating bench in the shower, waterproofing the shower, installing new Ditra membrane underneath the floor marble tiles and completing drywall work in the bathroom.

We went with the Schluter-Ditra shower system for a fully waterproofed shower installation.

Matt from Modern Konstruction completed the job right on schedule and the final price came in right within his estimate.   Matt was always punctual, progressed the job as per the schedule, kept the work area clean and isolated from the rest of the house and cleaned up after his work at the end of each day.  The drywall finishes are beautiful as is the custom shower he constructed.  Now we enjoy our beautiful bathroom knowing that the work not only looks good but is also done properly with fully waterproofed shower installation.

I highly recommend Modern Konstruction to my friends for similar work, if it's small job or a bigger one they can do the job right. Also they are licensed and insured which was very important to me.

Tim in Toronto
Tim in Toronto

Whole house drywall

I hired this company from a reference from another company I used, but was too busy. The quote was reasonable and with the reference from the other drywaller, I thought they would be safe. They might be adequate for small jobs and patchwork, but they were not equipped to do a whole house. They never had more than 3 people for the boarding days and usually only 1 for mudding. There were also many days when no one would show up at all. Because of this, they took several weeks longer than quoted. I pushed them at many points to show up and get the job done, but I response was to just do a worse job. It is the worst "professional" drywall job I have ever seen. We have had dozens of screws come through, cracking on most ceiling/wall joints and just a terrible finished product throughout the house. To top things off, Matt came back to me at the end of the job with a bill for the "extra" work that was needed (all of which was in the contract) and threatened Liens on my property. I paid him $2000 of the $3000 he asked for, just so he would go away. This is a prime example of a contractor who doesn't care about their work and takes on more work than they can responsibly handle. I would stay away if your job might take more than a couple days.

Gary from Burlington
Gary from Burlington

Basement ceiling leak

We hired this company based on reviews. I called Matt on Friday and on Saturday he came over, provided us with an estimate, and by the following weekend the damage to the ceiling was repaired. Matt the owner of the company did the work himself. He did an excellent job and I would recommend him to friends & family. You would not even know there had been a leak in the ceiling. Job well done. Thanks Matt

Kevin Aubertin from Burlington
Kevin Aubertin from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Covered Popcorn Ceiling With New Drywal

Matt and his team did a great job of covering up our old popcorn ceilings with new drywall. He estimated 2 weeks to complete the job and that's how long it took, even with a lot of other patch jobs around that house that he did that were not part of the original estimate. He even worked a bit on the weekends to ensure it was done on time as we had other contractors coming in to do the floors after. He even came back after we paid him to fix one more patch that occurred from a pluming leak. At the end of the day I was very satisfied with Matt's work, service and commit of going the extra mile to ensure the job was done well and on time. Matt take pride in doing high quality work.

Aldis from Burlington Township
Aldis from Burlington Township
6 reviews Burlington, ON

Drywalling Basement

I interviewed a number of different drywallers and Matt stood out from the others with his knowledge and geniune interest in doing his part in creating a beautifully finished basement for us. Although his pricing was not the lowest, I decided to go with him because of his knowledge, positive attitude, good communication skills and because I suspected that he was a bit of a perfectionist. Matt and his crew were polite, friendly, approachable and hard working. They worked a number of Saturdays and even a Sunday in order to finish the job in time for our holiday plans. After priming Matt identified a number of imperfections in the mudding that were then corrected. Many of these imperfections would be difficult to see to the untrained eye, and I could image that other drywallers would have left them unless I pointed them out. The final product looks fantastic and I would highly recommend Modern Konstruction. Thank you Matt and crew!

Susan Pollard from Hamilton
Susan Pollard from Hamilton

Drywall

Matt and his team did a great job hanging and finishing the drywall in our laundry room, kitchen reno. They were very professional and I would not hesitate to use their services again. Susan

Adam in Toronto
Adam in Toronto

Second and third floor drywall and plaster repair

Matt and his team did an excellent job repairing the old plaster walls and installing new drywall in the renovated areas of our house. They were quick, clean and efficient with their work, and i would use them again for the next reno!

More about Modern Konstruction

We are a fully licensed, registered and insured drywall taping contracting company. We offer the highest service quality at compliance with all Province and Local Building Codes. Visit our website or find us under Hamilton Drywall Contractor.